Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
A separate issue:

In career mode, I have filled up my "front foot" ability meter, however I am still getting front foot points as rewards during gameplay. Is there any way that the next patch could alter this so that it gives you another type of point instead, or indeed just not bother at all? Otherwise player development starts to massively slow down once one or two bars are filled even though the others lag far behind.

A separate issue:

In career mode, I have filled up my "front foot" ability meter, however I am still getting front foot points as rewards during gameplay. Is there any way that the next patch could alter this so that it gives you another type of point instead, or indeed just not bother at all? Otherwise player development starts to massively slow down once one or two bars are filled even though the others lag far behind.

I am not even close to filling a bar because there is not one for "caught from shot that should have been on the ground" however, I would imagine that you should get another type of point if you play another type of shot.

It would be nice if those extra points went elsewhere - even if only half of them did. On my original Xbox career I had filled the Straight Seam meter and would have really liked the surplus points to go to the Slower Ball skill, or at least somewhere.

I'd love the chance to distribute the points earned myself. Would make using the nets even more worthwhile too.

Mode: Tour
Match Type: Test
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):51 overs
Ground: Sydney
Teams: Englad v Aus
Get Best: No
Description of Issue:

Just reloaded a tour after a few weeks and I'm getting the following issues:

1) Weird symbols are appearing on screen (photo attached). The top of the letter 'J' in every name is distorted also (on the scoreboard at the start of the game that has the teams and weather).

2) Bowled my first over as Chris Jordan and everything was fine, but then bowled my second as Plunkett and I can't bowl full or short balls. Everything is good length regardless of which length I'm selecting (and no, it's not down to my release).

Attachments

• IMAG3181.jpg
    IMAG3181.jpg
    1,006.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Agree with the folks on skill distribution

Just been reading a couple of posts and I agree.

It would be good if we could earn attribute points and distribute as we see fit in terms of batting and bowling. Obviously for skills like the doosra make the attribute point cost more for more difficult skills.

Prevents gaining attributes for things that are already maxed out.

That said it did make me try different deliveries and shots and they do say variety is the spice of life.

On a side note: I would love to pick my team as well when im made captain and have a more management role.

But that said big ant thankyou for the best cricket game ever, whether it be a patch or a new inclination of the game to iron out flaws and improve even more, you have me as a loyal future customer.

It would be nice if those extra points went elsewhere - even if only half of them did. On my original Xbox career I had filled the Straight Seam meter and would have really liked the surplus points to go to the Slower Ball skill, or at least somewhere.

Yes, absolutely - I do get the point made above about varieties of shot, but frankly it's realistic to expect that one type of bar will fill much faster than the others - when batting, most deliveries will be played with a straight bat on the front foot, and when bowling, most deliveries will be straight seam for a quick bowler, swing one way or other for a swing bowler and orthodox spin for a spinner. To just abandon that because I need to start accumulating back foot points is (a) unrealistic and (b) likely to lead to poorer performances because you aren't playing the ball on merit.

I think some kind of system whereby surplus points are transferred somewhere else (or maybe 'banked' at a certain rate (half or otherwise) for the player to allocate in the skills menu of their own choosing) would be a great addition to the game, as well as being able to organically craft your own player's strengths (as indeed is the case in reality)

Mode: Tour
Match Type: Test
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):51 overs
Ground: Sydney
Teams: Englad v Aus
Get Best: No
Description of Issue:

Just reloaded a tour after a few weeks and I'm getting the following issues:

1) Weird symbols are appearing on screen (photo attached). The top of the letter 'J' in every name is distorted also (on the scoreboard at the start of the game that has the teams and weather).

2) Bowled my first over as Chris Jordan and everything was fine, but then bowled my second as Plunkett and I can't bowl full or short balls. Everything is good length regardless of which length I'm selecting (and no, it's not down to my release).

If you are on PS3, reboot the console. When you start the game on PS3 after the reboot, things should be back to normal.

still no progress with the save/freeze issue introduced by patch 2 i see!

personally - i got bored of waiting for big ant to fix it

i also got fed up being abused by ceo ross and his fan club on here - for daring to criticise!

i really feel 4 u guys getting the freeze

my solution was just to go out and buy a new xbox

not feasible for everyone i understand - but at least i can now get further into the game than before

fingers crossed it gets sorted soon

i also got fed up being abused by ceo ross and his fan club on here - for daring to criticise!

There's no harm in criticism if it's constructive. I fear yours was not.
If you're bored waiting for a fix, stop staring at your xbox and get on with your life. The fix will be along as soon as possible.

Last edited:
In pro mode bowling even if i try to bowl short or full or any other lines the bowler ends up bolwing something else. There is no sign of bounch, no pace. No fun. Need it fixed, no replays but the batting is aswsome. Al batting is to aggressive

There's no harm in criticism if it's constructive. I fear yours was not.
If you're bored waiting for a fix, stop staring at your xbox and get on with your life. The fix will be along as soon as possible.

i bought a new xbox - that solved the problem - and am getting along quite nicely with my life thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread