Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno what i've done but saves has been ok for about a week since I did what I done, but can't remember what It was that I did!!! Haven't had the nerve to venture into the career part of the game...but I have managed to play many types of limited overs games and indeed a few saves on a 4 dayer that I'm currently playing. Still a stressful moment when I hit the save button and wait to see what happens. Anyway...as an aside...the batting gameplay on the 4 da game seems more responsive...nearly all shots are played along the ground unless I start hitting the modifiers. I do like my limited overs games, but test matches could soon become standard for me.

Dunno what i've done but saves has been ok for about a week since I did what I done, but can't remember what It was that I did!!! Haven't had the nerve to venture into the career part of the game...but I have managed to play many types of limited overs games and indeed a few saves on a 4 dayer that I'm currently playing. Still a stressful moment when I hit the save button and wait to see what happens. Anyway...as an aside...the batting gameplay on the 4 da game seems more responsive...nearly all shots are played along the ground unless I start hitting the modifiers. I do like my limited overs games, but test matches could soon become standard for me.

Wish we knew what you did, would help sort so many others out. Please let us know what you did so they can do it too and get it done.

Even freeing space on a HDD might fix the issue - it's all about the time it takes to write to the disk.

I'm on a 60 gig 360 that's about 7 years old (I got it second hand and have had it for 5 years). Now then...please don't pile pressure onto me in an effort to get this save issue sorted....I'm not in any way IT savvy....just a gadgie that is desperate to get some saves of the game. Firstly...I don't know for sure If I am running Patch 2...I only think that I am cos those issues with superman fielding and keeper/bowler always whipping off bails don't occur. I deleted all saved files and deleted all references to DBC 14 on hard drive of 360. I haven't downloaded any umpires or those 'get best' teams either. I play with all of the teams that were on the original disc/game only. Downside is that I don't have all the current squads...but upside is it appears that I can save games and bonus points. I MAY be able to download squads with no issues to saving...but I would rather not at present time.

All saved files = all saved games/matches within the game menu.

Last edited:
Even freeing space on a HDD might fix the issue - it's all about the time it takes to write to the disk.

I'm down to the bare bones on my hard drive so I might give that a try. The odd thing is how it doesn't happen every single time. I went through almost a whole season without it happening at all...then suddenly it just started up. Ironically I'm sure it's more frequent when I've made a good score! :D

I'm on a 60 gig 360 that's about 7 years old (I got it second hand and have had it for 5 years). Now then...please don't pile pressure onto me in an effort to get this save issue sorted....I'm not in any way IT savvy....just a gadgie that is desperate to get some saves of the game. Firstly...I don't know for sure If I am running Patch 2...I only think that I am cos those issues with superman fielding and keeper/bowler always whipping off bails don't occur. I deleted all saved files and deleted all references to DBC 14 on hard drive of 360. I haven't downloaded any umpires or those 'get best' teams either. I play with all of the teams that were on the original disc/game only. Downside is that I don't have all the current squads...but upside is it appears that I can save games and bonus points. I MAY be able to download squads with no issues to saving...but I would rather not at present time.

All saved files = all saved games/matches within the game menu.

No pressure meant at all.

You could backup your save game files onto a flash drive or external and then test the download of squads. If that does cause the game to freak out, you can put your save games back after sorting out the issue again.

Just a suggestion... but maybe the BA team can put that into practice to test, right @BigAntStudios?

Ironically I'm sure it's more frequent when I've made a good score! :D

Love it.......:)

Unless it's true.......then I apologise........

----------

Flashdrive!! Its getting a bit technical for me now, haha. Like, a memory stick that fits into one of the slots on the 360? Sounds like a good idea Vampyre.

Love it.......:)

Unless it's true.......then I apologise........

I'm only basing on the fact that it happened once when I scored 68 for England in an ODI...then the next time I played that match I got 8...and it saved no problem. I'm now currently stuck at a match for Warwickshire against Scotland in a one day semi...had varying scores between 50 & 100+ and crashed every time. I dare not try getting a low score and seeing if it saves otherwise I'll be livid! For now I'm happy to just pull back a little bit and wait to see what BA come up with. My faith in those guys is 100%.

I'm only basing on the fact that it happened once when I scored 68 for England in an ODI...then the next time I played that match I got 8...and it saved no problem. I'm now currently stuck at a match for Warwickshire against Scotland in a one day semi...had varying scores between 50 & 100+ and crashed every time. I dare not try getting a low score and seeing if it saves otherwise I'll be livid! For now I'm happy to just pull back a little bit and wait to see what BA come up with. My faith in those guys is 100%.

I apologise for my previous rather capricious take on your save issue. I take it you have a game that intermittently saves games and that you are holding out for an answer rather than do what I did and bite the bullet and delete stuff in attempt to sort issue!! I hope you still enjoy the game no matter what......and I would love to hit 60s and 70s....for England or Durham........a ton would be unbelieveable.

I apologise for my previous rather capricious take on your save issue. I take it you have a game that intermittently saves games and that you are holding out for an answer rather than do what I did and bite the bullet and delete stuff in attempt to sort issue!! I hope you still enjoy the game no matter what......and I would love to hit 60s and 70s....for England or Durham........a ton would be unbelieveable.

Nah it's ok dude...I brought it up as a joke myself initially so it's all good. I still love the game of course...since the second patch even more so. Loved being able to start at a higher age than 16...that was such a great addition. I was really hitting a good stride and this current career was the first time I'd even got close to making anything but T20 squads...now I'm just patiently waiting so I can continue to enjoy the game even more.

I for one like the way ross has just spoke in this forum to that guy because to me it shows ross is not a fake and is not afraid to tell it how it is. Seeing a C.E.O with some fire is kinda cool makes me feel like he just one of us and not above us. And to top it off i am no ones fanboy but this game i feel is 8/10 with just a few more tweaks like the ball being able to go along the ground would just about push it to that 10 mark.:thumbs

Just got a fairly interesting bug. Batsman given out bowled after the bowler threw the stumps down.

Mode: Career
Match Type: T20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 2nd over
Ground:
Teams: Perth Scorchers (my team, batting) vs Adelaide Strikers
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue:
  1. My career player is at the non-striker's end
  2. The striker advances down the pitch, playing the ball back to the bowler
  3. The bowler throws down the stumps as usual when the striker advances
  4. The ball deflects off the striker (who is safely back in his crease) onto the stumps.
  5. Batsman given out bowled

Just had the well known Xbox bug of appealing too early (Game then Freezes with Fielding team gathered around) , appear on the PS3.

So defnitly the PS3 is not so susceptible to the bug , but it is defnitly there , but MUCH less frequent than our Xbox brethren.

I don't think that was ever Xbox exclusive - it happened on PC too but was picked up and fixed before release.

Unfortunately it was on all platforms, that's why we need to be careful about grouping the bugs together as one.

Only old Xbox's in our experience have the save-freeze bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread