Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BigAntStudios....In Online mode, the replays for boundaries or sixes sometimes show only the ending part of it, i.e the ball falling near the boundary without showing the bowler run up and the batsmen playing the shot.....

Last edited:
Just giving this a go...saved fine after the one ball...it would be my dumb Xbox that reacts differently.

If it saves fine after 1 ball then you will be able to save ongoing until you turn you xbox off

I have also turned the music off and installed the game on to the hard drive

If it saves fine after 1 ball then you will be able to save ongoing until you turn you xbox off

I have also turned the music off and installed the game on to the hard drive

I've had more intermittent crashes than that. Yesterday I loaded up a one day match that is saved after 1.1 overs in my innings chasing a target. Faced the first ball...and it saved fine. Then after I got to about 30-40 runs I thought I'd test it to see what happened...and it crashed. As I said previously it would happen to be my Xbox that is behaving differently to everyone else's...that's just my luck! I honestly think the longer I'm at the crease the more likely it is that it will crash. Anyway thanks for your suggestions.

So i experienced the caught behind glitch where all the players converge on the pitch. What happened next worried me. I pressed the stanby button on my ps3 which tried to shut down properly but couldnt due to the crash so it performed a force shutdown, no problems there its happened before. However upon restarting the console it did the usual reboot where the system checks nothing is corrupted, and it froze again. I left it for 3 hours with no improvement. I had to switch the power supply off to get the ps3 to shutdown. Luckily it hasnt affected my console but i wont touch dbc till the next patch is live just in case it causes any damage

1. If by "landing circle" you mean the pitch marker as it was in earlier cricket games, it's not present in DBC 14. The only thing you may enable or disable is the red/green circle around the ball but there's no option to enable pitch marker.

2. "Generating match result after an online quit" functionality should already be in place. If not, create a bug report in the format requested by Big Ant which is mentioned in this thread's OP.

1. landing circle is the option in the hud menu which showed where the ball was about to land in the outfield & was there till patch 2. now even with the option selected it doesnt show up

2. i'll do that but has no one else complained about it already? it would be surprising that no one has someone quit on them in online games

2. i'll do that but has no one else complained about it already? it would be surprising that no one has someone quit on them in online games
It was explained previously that the offer to take a result only happens in particular circumstances - not just every time someone quits or has their connection drop.

I'm sure a lot of people might want it to appear more often - but when the conditions are met, the option does exist.

They haven't been specific about those conditions to avoid people making sure they quit before reaching that point.

So i experienced the caught behind glitch where all the players converge on the pitch. What happened next worried me. I pressed the stanby button on my ps3 which tried to shut down properly but couldnt due to the crash so it performed a force shutdown, no problems there its happened before. However upon restarting the console it did the usual reboot where the system checks nothing is corrupted, and it froze again. I left it for 3 hours with no improvement. I had to switch the power supply off to get the ps3 to shutdown. Luckily it hasnt affected my console but i wont touch dbc till the next patch is live just in case it causes any damage

We can't cause damage to the system beyond any files that we are using (save files).

1. landing circle is the option in the hud menu which showed where the ball was about to land in the outfield & was there till patch 2. now even with the option selected it doesnt show up

Don't recall seeing the landing circle option in the menu though I recall something about ball marker or similar. I have turned on all the HUD options and I can see the landing circle while fielding. My fielding setting is "semi auto" (or semi-manual) so maybe try changing your fielding option. If it's set to "Auto" the landing circle may not show up as you don't need it for fielding purpose.

As for the 2nd item, I saw a couple of folks facing issues generating a result from quit games and you may find posts from them in the thread, or maybe in the Online thread. Either way report it as a bug and let Big Ant figure out whether the "Generate Result" functionality is working as intended or it needs tweaking.

I had an lbw decision reversed last nite, umpire gave it out, bars showed it pitching out side off, hitting just outside off, and umpires call at stumps! Surely if its umpires call, and he'd given it out, it should stay as out? Btw right hand bat, right arm leg spin.

I had an lbw decision reversed last nite, umpire gave it out, bars showed it pitching out side off, hitting just outside off, and umpires call at stumps! Surely if its umpires call, and he'd given it out, it should stay as out? Btw right hand bat, right arm leg spin.

Not really. If the impact is outside off it cannot be given out. That's the rule.

"Umpire's Call" was for the ball hitting the stumps piece as less than half of the ball would be shown hitting the stumps. But being hit outside the line of off stump while playing a shot is not out just like a delivery pitched outside leg and negates the LBW decision. However, if the ball had hit you in line with the stumps or you were not playing a shot, you would have been out LBW.

Not really. If the impact is outside off it cannot be given out. That's the rule.

I think you'll find you can be given out if its goin on to hit the stumps as a rhb, as he wasnt playing a shot. If its outside leg as a left hander you can't.

I think you'll find you can be given out if its goin on to hit the stumps as a rhb. If its outside leg as a left hander you can't.

Wrong. You can't be given out LBW if you are hit outside off while playing a shot. If you were not playing a shot, it would be a different matter. Plus rules of cricket, LBW or any other, apply the same way to right and left handers so a batsman can't be out if the ball pitches outside leg - be it a left hander or right.

Last edited:
He wasn't playing a shot, he was padding up with his bat behind the pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread