Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixz0r

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Uninstall patch, complete game, reinstall patch

This has little effect for me (PS3). With the patch, my entire system froze and I had to hard reset (twice). Without the patch the system remains stable (can access the XMB) but the simulation does nothing; just two revolving circles, indefinitely (thrice). I think I've finished my second year, although I thought I still had some domestic (Australian) cricket to play.

I'm pretty annoyed. When can we expect to be able to continue our careers?

I'm loving DBC14 and the fact that Big Ant are actively involved in responding to bugs and feedback, it's a very unique scenario to me. But now I can't play the core component of the game, which is why I bought the product.

MORE INFO: Same issue on another PS3 with my save file and profile coming from PS+. So this one has never been patched, but I guess my save file has effectively been modified. Really hoping I haven't lost all of my progress.

Last edited:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This has little effect for me (PS3). With the patch, my entire system froze and I had to hard reset (twice). Without the patch the system remains stable (can access the XMB) but the simulation does nothing; just two revolving circles, indefinitely (thrice). I think I've finished my second year, although I thought I still had some domestic (Australian) cricket to play.

I'm loving DBC14 and the fact that Big Ant are actively involved in responding to bugs and feedback, it's a very unique scenario to me. But now I can't play the core component of the game, which is why I bought the product.

@HBK619 will PM you on Monday.

micgrech

Club Captain
In career mode, playing a four day match with the bushrangers, I took 6 for 35 in the first innings and then the team bowled for 53 overs in the second innings but I didn't get a bowl........how does that work????

Also had the opposition 7 down on the fourth day and the match ended at 4.22. What happened here??

Ross are you able to provide your views on this please? Cheers

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bowler selection criteria will be more appropriate in patch#2.

christy_lenin

Club Captain
This is not a good look. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I haven't played it just yet. just reading the reviews before I can land me a copy. But the number of bugs - real bugs not the crap most persons gripe about like "Batting is too hard" are really a lot. I said once I am viewing this purchase as an investment in hopefully the next gen release of DBC 15.

I think I will wait this one out until the bugs get worked out and pick it up on Steam. With said sail selling a BNIB PS3 anyone interested?

Yes these issues were only during online play and mostly when the lag is high.

It will not affect your gameplay experience and there is no need to worry as most of the issues will be fixed soon.

RIZZYX

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@BigAntStudios

1) The DRS system needs a some tweaking, on a few occasions in online play the replay shows the ball clearly hitting the batsman way above the stumps whilst the ball is still rising, umpire gives it out and the DRS shows the that ball is hitting the stumps.

2) Whilst batting online if I go for an aggressive shot down the square leg, fine leg area the ball is regarded as a delivery above shoulder height even though it is a normal length delivery or even a full delivery, this happens both when facing spin and pace bowlers. The ball is regarded a no ball if this happens on more than one occasion in the over.

3) Medium pace bowlers really need a look at, try using Ravi Bopara, Umar Amin or any other part time medium pacer and bowl slower ball bouncers and the deliveries are actually unplayable, they bounce twice before reaching the batsman and the second bounce is literally below ankle height, if this is bowled on the stumps it will get the result of an LBW or clean bowled 9/10.

4) Run out issue is still there post patch, I played a game online last night and was run out on the non strikers end on 3 occasions even though i did not decide to take a run and in fact pressed O to make sure no run is taken, but still i was run out from short leg, mid off and min on with the batsman yards short of the crease and making no attempt to get into the crease.

5) Playing against a spinner online and many times if you try cutting the ball fine, it will go past the slip and keeper along the ground and then suddenly be given caught out. (This happens in general at times as well but is very common against spinners with a slip in place)

(All these issues are in the game post patch)

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Mode: Career
Match Type: County Championship
Over Count: 2nd over of Surrey's first innings: second innings of the match
Ground: Melbourne
Teams: Sussex vs Surrey
Get Best: No, using teams from forum thread
Issue: My career player is a left arm chinaman bowler; and in my second match, I've been made one of the opening bowlers... This would make sense it is was a T20 game perhaps: but not in a first class game in England. The pitch apparently is dusty so that may have influenced AI decision, but still it seems a little odd...

game routinely does this. if the spinner is an opening batsman too, the chances increase to something in the order of 95% probability for the second innings.

acrcmb

School Cricketer

Yeah same thing happened to me on Xbox though right near the end of my 2nd year also like in round 14 or 15 of the domestic season but i can't go any further, it really sucks I'd been going really well, became a international test player, expecting selection for ODI team and had a 15+ motm's in the year including a few 4-5 motm streaks. I was regularly taking atleast 5 wickets in an innings and scoring 40-50 at a decent strikerate when batting but now it's all just stopped, don't really have the heart to start all over again. really hope it gets fixed I probably won't bother starting a new career.

SuperSharky

School Cricketer
I'm guessing here. It can only be fatigue. Or the captain isn't very wise or he considers you to be unfit and too exhausted after a good batting spell to immediately start with the bowling. Sometimes captains do get lost with different approaches rather than their first innings approach.

acrcmb

School Cricketer
I've had some other issues aswell, nothing that major still an awesome game
First of all the stupid run-outs that everyone's mentioned where the AI batting partner puts no effort into getting back into the crease and how i've been stumped after pressing the retreat button to just silde my back foot further in to make sure i'm safe only to have my batsman run right out of the crease and turn around to get back in an overly exaggerated animation.

In OD games that are affected by rain some weird stuff happens, it will rain before the game and it will say it's reduced to 35 overs then i'll bat (second when I've had this) and i'll bat for a while until it starts raining again and play is halted and which point it says rain has reduced the game to 39 overs even though it was laready only 35 overs and then some weird thing will happen where my team doesn't get to bat out the same number of overs as the other team did and our score doesn't get adjusted like someone else mentioned earlier in the thread.

And in all forms of the game i've had times where i've played a shot along the ground that's clearly hit the rope and a fielders dived to stop it but it's gone past there hand right into the rope but then they get up and throw the ball in and it's not a boundary yet when AI hit the ball and the fielder misses it the same way (almost the exact same animation) the umpire calls it four. Also if there is a misfield and the opposition overthrows the ball to the boundary it's only 4 despite me having completed runs which i beleive under the rules is usually added to the 4 overthrows.

Also as a bowler if a fielder throws the ball to me and I break the stumps running out the batsman I never get credit it says they were run out by the fielder who threw the ball in, not sure if this is actually an error or the correct ruling I always just thought the run out was atributted to whoever broke the stumps, I know it doesn't count as a wicket but I thought it will still say I effected the run-out.

Last edited:

Cobhamcc

Banned
Thanks, any video of issues is most appreciated by QA.

You are yet to take a wicket post patch? I probably need a little more info as it seems like a very weird bug as no one else seems to have the issue.

Started a new game and all seems to be fine apart from the LBW's even when DRS says its out still not being given.

----------

I think the problem here is people continuously spamming the button. I just press it once every time and have NEVER personally experienced a run out at the non strikers end that was the games fault. Rarely I've faced one with run outs in general though.

Right It is not spamming the button. It happens now and again, Only ever press the button ONCE.
It's just as bad for stumpings especially when you leave a wideish delivery and your batsman decides to go for a walk and gets stumped.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
@RIZZYX

I completely agree with all your points. Ive also been the victim of the Slow Ball Bouncer trick by the medium pacer. Though I eventually figured a shot out and belted it , took me an over or two . But it looks totally unrealistic , as the ball is just never reaching you.

Lordrolo

School Cricketer
Mode:career
Match Type: T20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):an
Ground:na
Teams both
Get Best:
Description of Issue:

No preset fields. All fielders are close catching for 20 overs. Joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread