Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross and BigAnt

I am not sure if this has already been mentioned or not, but whenever I get stumped or stump some player and it goes to the 3rd umpire and shows the screen, it comes up with the stumped achievement message on the top right even before the umpire has given it out or not...So therefor there is no suspense waiting for umpires decision as you already know if ure out or not.

And then it shows a screen asking u if u want to review the 3rd umpires decision???

Has this been looked into?

Riz

I've had a couple of achievements "hit the screen" before the 3rd umpire decision, that was definitely one of them (I was the bowler at the time) I don't think it's too much of a big deal to be honest... since we're talking mere seconds. Priorities, etc.

Mode: Career
Match Type:T20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred):17th-8th
Ground: Random ( happened twice in different grounds)
Teams: sydney sixers (career)
Get Best: Yes
Description : twice it happened that after playing shots camera stayed as batsman near and never switched. Impossible to see fielder or whats going on in BG.

Match Type:T20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): random
Ground: random
Teams: any
Description : when i am batting, the non striking batsman takes forever to start his run. Sometimes he doesnt even appear in the "run graphic" at the bottom of the screen. Then all of sudden he decides to run and he is so far behind that he almost gets run out. This happens almost every second run! :eek:

Match Type:One Day
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred):14th over 2nd innings (first OD game of season)
Ground: Trinidad
Teams: Victoria batting(career) QLD (AI)
Description : I was given out LBW, But was hit on full while advancing so i thought id challenge.
When the "hawk-eye" replay started to show the flight of ball after the point the ball hit me on the full it showed the ball trajectory start to go out towards point, it bounced just off the pitch, turned, went back into the middle of the pitch, did another 90 degree turn before then hitting the stumps.

EDIT: I was a bit too slow to catch a screen shot but as you can see by my uber accurate and detailed mock up, it was a very odd occurance. :rolleyes

Attachments

• hwkeye.jpg
    hwkeye.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Match Type:One Day
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred):Second Innings 24.3 overs
Ground: MCG
Teams: South Australia & Victoria
Description: I'm at the non-strikers end and the striker blocked the ball and I've pressed B to return to my crease after backing up. My batsmen decided not to return to his crease, chose to stay a yard outside the crease and not move only to then be run-out by the bowler. Very stressful!

In career mode I just encountered a bug where all the letters were jumbled and some vowels were missing about halfway through a match. This affected pop up displays, score cards and text about achievements. When I exited the match it affected menus as well. Thankfully a full restart seems to have fixed the issue.

Mode:Career
Match Type: sheffield shield
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):After match
Ground:Adelaide Gardens
Teams: SA vs NSW
Get Best:Yes
Description of Issue:After i finished a game i turned off the console (Xbox) to do something else, after that i started it back up to find my save file was corrupt. I think it was corrupt. It just was no longer there as if the game could not read it. I also checked the xbox's hard drive and the save file was still there, i even copied it to my usb and tried that.

Note: This is the second time this has happened. I asked about it on plenty of threads and even started one myself with just one other person having the same issue. Any help with this would be massively appreciated as at this point im pretty pissed with the game...

@Bobthedog: That sucks. I've been without DBC14 all long-weekend because of my career issue, and I'll now be manually backing up my save file to USB after each year. That way, if it gets corrupted, at worst I'll only have to replay a year.

I'm hopeful my current issue is fixable, because I'm not particularly inclined to start over again.

Mode: career
Match type: one day cup (Australia)
Over count:30-40
Ground: Melbourne stadium
Teams: Victoria (me) vs Tasmania
Get Best: No
Description of issue: Bowling leg spin I have previously had a great run and have managed to reach a helmet rating of two, less than half way through my first season, however in this particular match I bowled the same way I have for the entire career so far and found that everything I bowled was a full toss, even if I pressed circle and pitched it as short as possible it would come out as a half-volley, it was almost as if we were playing on a seventeen metre pitch. I tried pressing triangle to see if they were reversed but I bowled a rib high full toss, this match ruined my average and made me want to cry half way through my spell but I kept being given the ball, if it is important I should say that it was a fifty over match which was reduced to forty and the only explanation, other than it being a bug, is that I was unable to grip a wet ball but that seems cruel to put in the game and unlikely to be a feature.

It seems the physics parameters for the wet ball has a limit that is too wet, we will tone it down for patch#2, someone else has mentioned the same but it seems it is reasonably rare.

Mode:Online
Match Type: T10
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): Before match line-ups and team list.
Ground: Forgot :facepalm
Teams: India vs RCB
Get Best: No for me.
Description of Issue: Every odd letter or symbol was disorientated (Pixels weren't aligned right.)

It then effected all writing across every mode.

Last edited:
in my career, all teams use same field settings against me in all formats,it is a very defensive field settings. A I really need some help they are not acting to the situation. my wish list are as follow

----------

Ross please fix these on next patch

1 A I tactics( field settings, shot selection for spinners)
2 bowlers bowling too much on leg side
3 crazy run outs
4 injuries

----------

i forgot to say, Thank you so much for this game Ross it is the best cricket game ever, you guys have a bright future ahead. im a fan of ur AFL game too. so once again thank you Ross & Co.

Mode: Online
Match Type:T10
Over Count :1st
Ground:Banglore
Teams: India Vs Pakistan
Description : I had won toss and finished My Innings,Later i started my first over it went around 10+ ball . I got 5 wickets in that over conceding 10 runs.This should be corrected in 2nd patch.

I don't understand issues issue? What's the specific issue, issue? Maybe a tissue may help you issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread