Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its clearly not a very well conveyed issue from issue, which is really the issue with the issue from issue.

I reckon you understood perfectly you just wanted to use your "bit"! I admire that

----------

Mode: Career
Match Type:T20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred):not sure, 1st innings
Ground: Lancashire Stadium
Teams: glos v worc
Get Best: Yes
Description: black screen twice. My player was called on to bowl after simulation of most of worc inns, at end of my third over (a double wicket maiden plus a runout!) as the pitch map plus skill-up bit came, game went to black screen. Can hear crowd but nothing else. Restarted, again simulated to player, got called on to bowl and again black screen but thus time at end of my first over, again during pitch map /skill up bit. (Took a wicket in that over, too :( )

I'm near the end of my 2nd year and I can't progress to the next game, if I load my profile with the patch installed it will freeze the console whilst simulating a t20 international and if i uninstall the patch and try going to my next game it won't freeze it justs keeps saying it's simulating

Same problem here. Int T20 game Australia Vs India Simulation Freezes PS3. Looks like my player is gone forever :(

Identical issue for me on PS3, probably 85% of the way through my second year. I have (had) 127,584 ranking points, was a regular member of the Aussie ODI and Test teams and felt I was progressing nicely. BA looked at my save file and informed me that it's corrupted, and that they're "working to ensure it doesn't happen again in a subsequent patch".

I'll be starting from scratch tonight, and will be backing up my save file daily. I shouldn't have to do that, but I'm not losing weeks worth of progress again.

With the level of support BA are providing, it's hard to be mad. But not that hard. I feel robbed, but it's only a game.

Hi Guys,

I wanted to bring up the following bugs or errors i noticed while playing the career mode this weekend.

1. I was given three times LBW where the ball pitched outside the leg stump and the impact could have been leg side as well once this costed me first cenrury. This happened in test matches so I could not go for a review. But when i checked the interactive replay and the big pitches it clearly shows the ball was pitch way away from the leg stump.

2. Once I was given out LBW where there was very thick inside edge and this happened in the test match as well so I could not go for a review.

3. Umpire giving no ball where the jump and the release input where perfect and the ball was pitched in the line and could have been a LBW. But the next ball was not a free hit. This happened nearly three to four times while playing one day matches. and twice this happened in test match as well.

4. Umpire given LBW while playing T20 I went for the review the ball pitching and the impact were outside off stump and the wickets hitting the bail and it was umpires call. The decision was not taken back even when the pitch and impact were outside off.

This much I noticed as off now. I will get some more if i notice anything else.

Hi Guys,

I wanted to bring up the following bugs or errors i noticed while playing the career mode this weekend.

1. I was given three times LBW where the ball pitched outside the leg stump and the impact could have been leg side as well once this costed me first century. This happened in test matches so I could not go for a review. But when i checked the interactive replay and the big pitches it clearly shows the ball was pitch way away from the leg stump.

2. Once I was given out LBW where there was very thick inside edge and this happened in the test match as well so I could not go for a review.

3. Umpire giving no ball where the jump and the release input where perfect and the ball was pitched in the line and could have been a LBW. But the next ball was not a free hit. This happened nearly three to four times while playing one day matches. and twice this happened in test match as well.

4. Umpire given LBW while playing T20 I went for the review the ball pitching and the impact were outside off stump and the wickets hitting the bail and it was umpires call. The decision was not taken back even when the pitch and impact were outside off.

Hi Guys,

1. I was given three times LBW where the ball pitched outside the leg stump and the impact could have been leg side as well once this costed me first cenrury. This happened in test matches so I could not go for a review. But when i checked the interactive replay and the big pitches it clearly shows the ball was pitch way away from the leg stump.

Point 1 and 2 is not bug. It's simply the umpire making a mistake. You can try change how your umpires are but I don't know if it will carry through to career mode.

Hi Guys,

i'm gonna hate myself now for "playing mod" - but post these in the issues and anomalies thread to ensure they are looked at...

tits...

now i feel better.

Identical issue for me on PS3, probably 85% of the way through my second year. I have (had) 127,584 ranking points, was a regular member of the Aussie ODI and Test teams and felt I was progressing nicely. BA looked at my save file and informed me that it's corrupted, and that they're "working to ensure it doesn't happen again in a subsequent patch".

I'll be starting from scratch tonight, and will be backing up my save file daily. I shouldn't have to do that, but I'm not losing weeks worth of progress again.

With the level of support BA are providing, it's hard to be mad. But not that hard. I feel robbed, but it's only a game.

Did Big Ant say what might have corrupted the save file? Did you turn off your console, or had a power failure, when the game was still on? Also, did they specify what could be done on our side to ensure the file doesn't get corrupted? Would hate to start my career all over again due to corruped save file.

Issues experienced in career mode after patch 1

Match Type:One ANY
Over Count ANY
Ground ANY
Teams: ANY
Get Best: Yes

First of all I would thank BigAnt for creating the best cricket game ever , Below are the issues I have experienced in game especially mostly in career mode (After Patch 1) since I am playing that as batting all rounder.

1. Biggest one is in the career mode AI attempts suicidal run out and after that when I press a button the game screen just goes black and I lose all my progress.(to where the games was last saved)

2. Fielders are too fast and they can easily take catch by running from inside the circle to the boundary which is unrealistic and also they cover lot of catching area.

3. You cannot hit straight down the ground as fielder always stops it.

4. While batting with your AI partners they always play stupid shots and you always run out of partners unless i keep most of strike. If you simulate the game they always score big runs which is weird.

5. Other issue as most people have pointed out is field placement from AI is completely random, either its T20 , ODI or test.

6. Another instance which I have faced is that the spinner keeps bowling wide constantly.

7. On few occasions I challenged that decision and it should have been not out but was still given out.

8. While playing spinner even playing cut short and simple shots you get stump easily and that makes you mad if you are at 93 not out.

These are some of the stuff I an think from top of my head, will bring some more later on asi I remember.

Did Big Ant say what might have corrupted the save file? Did you turn off your console, or had a power failure, when the game was still on? Also, did they specify what could be done on our side to ensure the file doesn't get corrupted? Would hate to start my career all over again due to corruped save file.

No. The fact that they're working to fix the issue should imply that there were no power/user issues on my end. This has been experienced by at least a few people it seems.

It's a good point you raise about what can be done to prevent the issue, I haven't seen any official word on this. I'm now saving to USB after each play session.

Match Type: T20
Teams: Perth Scorchers and Adelaide Strikers
Over Count: 1
Ground: Think Melbourne
Details: Tried to sweep the ball but hit my pads, was given out. Reviewed it and it showed that it clearly hit outside off stump and would of hit outside off stump yet it said that it was hitting and impact was inline.

Mode: any
Match Type: any
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): any
Ground: any
Teams: any
Get Best: yes
Description of Issue: Whenever a wicket falls, the chances that another wicket will fall within the next ball or two even if it's a new over and new bowler. This occurs when I am batting and bowling (bowling in career mostly). When batting I've even tried defending the ball, but I would still go out in some way or other.

I haven't checked if this occurs when simulating.

I always play on Pro

Last edited:
Match Type: Pro40
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): 24th? 1st ball
Ground: Lancashire
Teams: Surrey v Hampshire
Description of Issue: First ball of my spell. Clean bowled middle stump. Nothing given. Appeal; not out. Review; not out. Pretty sure I've seen others mention this but incredibly annoying.

Match Type: P40
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): NA
Ground:NA
Teams:NA
Get Best:YES
Description of Issue: Run out at non-strikers end when batsmen defended down the pitch. Silly mid-off ran to collect the ball and bumped me which cancelled the grounding bat animation. Continued to press O (PS3) nothing happened. Bowler picked up the ball and ran me out.

Very frustrating when you come in during a batting collapse and try to play sensibly and this crap happens :mad

Match Type: pro40 + 4 day
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): n/a
Ground: not sure
Teams:
Description of Issue: Not sure if it's really an issue but a few times now advancing down the track getting hit on the pads and given out by umpire even tho i'm a long way down the track is a bit annoying very rarely given out IRL. Also would be better if after an LBW has been given and after the possible review in the replays we get to see a HawkEye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread