Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always bowling at good length instead of short or full length trigger button pressed

What do you mean by this? Is it an error?

Theres no trigger button associated with length.

As far as the rest of the post goes, are you playing without HUD? perhaps you are just not timing your deliveries correctly.

If you have the HUD and you are in the green then ... I got nothing. Never had a problem with it.

What do you mean by this? Is it an error?

Theres no trigger button associated with length.

As far as the rest of the post goes, are you playing without HUD? perhaps you are just not timing your deliveries correctly.

If you have the HUD and you are in the green then ... I got nothing. Never had a problem with it.

It's probably the issue they're having. They probably think that the triggers adjust the length, not the choice of button to start (though it can be pressed again during delivery) of bowling the ball.

Hi everyone and Ross.
This is my first post. Have been waiting for a good game of cricket since long. Ashes 2010 was the last good game i have played. Have been reading this forum since a few years in anticipation of a new game. DB 14 is an awesome game but the longevity has been affected by the few things mentioned below. Hope i don't miss out on any.P.s. i play on xbox 360.

Even after the patch, after gathering more than 1200 experience points an going to level 2 or 3, when i restart console the next day, all replaced teams and players r lost. Most Frustating. but the saved games and career save remains.

when a new batsman comes to the crease, usually he will defend the first few deliveries in odi and test, but on playing straight defensive shots, most times the ball goes through the keeper, bowled or caught keeper. this takes out the fun in playing defensive specially in test and odi's. Invariably i just keep pressed the front foot and leg side shots almost all the time. The defensive shot should be able to block the ball all the time.

There should be a batsman timing meter in amatuer and pro and career pro levels. The batsman edges to keeper doesn't seem real and feels scripted since u feel u timed the shot correctly. My cousins who play cricket 2010 and other games find it very difficult to start off in Don Bradman and r not enjoying the game. The first impression always lasts.

The standard hit button specially for more powerfully skilled batsman goes in the air more frequently and mostly gets caught trying for a single. The standard hit should always be grounded shot. Infact aggressive ground shot button also goes in the air more often than not. Needs correction.

The stumping problem off spinners still persist , though less often nw, but still irritating specially if u played a defensive stroke and missed and go back button almost immediately.

The out fielders need to slow in their running pace when the ball is in the air. This is most irritating. Get caught most times even if player is far off and wud never get to the ball in real life.( also the ball goes up too high.

The camera angles behind bowler (close and far) are a little side on and it gets difficult to judge swing and spin. Broadcast is too far away. i think BEHIND UMPIRE (Close and Far) cam is the need of the hour.

Speaking of spin, anyone got the the ball to spin? if yes plz post a youtube video with the screen and the controller together. i know 3 turns on Lt and line and bowl ball on RT. Bt can never turn the ball. Help?

Bowling is difficult enough ( too many buttons to care off and timing meter too small especially pro ). that is not bad but u get wickets very easily due to the ai.

The Ai can always break the rules on fielding restrictions, even 4 or 5 fielders in fielding restrictions all the time. Frustrating. and whats more is that there is no fielding map and the ai changes fields every ball most of the time especially in odi's and test.

Having a tough time in batting in carrer pro. either career shoud start with amatuer or the skills shud be improved so as it can play better. also does the career batsman lose his skills when the xperience points are lost?

Also does the batsman getting out edged or caught playing normal shot scripted to make the matches more close contests and interesting? I know Ross had answered this one in negative but feels like that !!!

Dont go by the many negatives i just mentioned, Big A has done a great job . Just that the above patches wud make it PERFECT and more playable.

Thanks Big A.

Defensive shots need timing too, they can't be made safe mode in game.

Thats why a batting meter is required in amatuer and pro. so that we can learn the timing and then play veteran and legend modes. Without it novices find it too diifult and amusing too.

I was playing a career mode before the patch and my batting in first class was pathetic despite timing the ball well and averaging 40+ in List A.

I installed the patch and restarted career, and made a 50 and a 100 on debut in first class. Thereafter not as good, but the batting seems to have improved after the patch.
Also, the field with the position indicator helps a great deal.

Thanks

Just got a C&B where the batsman smashed the ball into the helmet of short leg and it rebounded in the air.

This technically is not out. You cannot get a catch off a fielder's helmet.

why there are more than two fielders outside 30 yards circle in power play overs?

----------

The Ai can always break the rules on fielding restrictions, even 4 or 5 fielders in fielding restrictions all the time. Frustrating.

why why why?????????

Has anyone been able to slog sweep a spinner for 6?

or come down the track to a spinner and hit him for 6?

I can't seem to get the timing right for these shots...

The game freezes sometimes, after downloading the new update (patch)

Maybe I'm just doing something wrong, cause its the first time that I tried it. In tour creator when I go to the calendar and I want to add a competition the screen freezes and I can't press any buttons and then at the end I need to restart my ps3? anyone experienced the same problem?

I'm having the exact same problem.......and my game also freezes at certain specific points in the same way....I wonder what the problem is....and is there any way I can uninstall the new patch?....I'd like to see if the problem exists without it.......because I started facing these problems only after this new update....the game was running quite smoothly before that.

Mode: All
Match Type: All
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): Any
Ground: All
Teams: Any
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue:

Keeper can never stump batman on his first try, he always stumps on his second attempt.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issue No. 2 :

Game is stuck on "Posting score to leader board" after returning from finishing a game; first time this is happened.

Edit: Everything is running, sounds just the "Posting score to leader board" is not disappearing and i cant navigate

Edit 2: Resetting the router resolved the issue, however the router was running fine.

Last edited:
review bug

Anyone else had this one?

I appealed for an lbw which was given, AI batsmen reviewed it, clear inside edge taking it onto the pad then straight donw to the ground next to the batsmen, I was disappointed but waited for the umpire to overturn.

Instead he gave it out still and the scorecard shows caught by the man at long on the ball traveled less than a foot.

Mode: Online
Match Type: t10
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 2
Ground: Kolkata
Teams: India vs SouthAfrica
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue: ground shot ran 2 given caught

Hi everyone and Ross.
This is my first post.

Just lost my whole reply as I accidentilly hit back, so rather than repeat myself, just going to answer all your questions with one answer.

Timing.

Missing a block? Time it later. Airing a ball? Time it later. Go into the nets and practice on your difficulty of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread