Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mode: Casual
Match Type: Odi
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): On and off from 20th till 38th over (I got bowled out in 38th over)
Ground: Durban Fields
Teams: India CG (me) vs South Africa CG (AI)
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue: AI puts more than 2 fielders behind square on the leg side when fast bowlers are bowling. Even though the rules state there can't be more than 2 players behind square on the leg, this rule is violated by AI.

Edit: It's not just the "2 fielder behing square on the leg side" rule which is violated by AI. AI violates every fielding rule I'm aware of, especially in shorter formats, with more than 3 outside the fielding circle in powerplay overs and more than 5 fielders on the leg side. Extremely frustrating in odis when AI posts 7 fielders on the leg side and starts bowling on the leg.

Last edited:
Also while we're still early on, videos and screenshots or pictures of people's issues are very welcome as well.

Remember, there's an interactive replay to convey a lot of things that are deemed issues.

Please don't double up issues and anomalies from the original thread, if possible. We have all of that stuff noted down and are working on several issues already for patch 2.

This thread is for the new issues and anomalies you have found post-patch 1.

Thank you.

Can you confirm if the following issues are noted and being worked on:

1. Bowlers pace dropping drastically after only a few others, and not recovering between sessions and days
2. Lack of edges (far less than the ~40-45% of wickets fraction it should be), and seemingly over aggressive shots from the AI even in longer forms of the game
3. Players given out run out after having grounded a foot (with both subsequently being off the ground) when the laws of the game state they can't after a foot has been grounded so long as they aren't attempting another run
4. AI using odd field choices, i.e. no slips for the opening overs of a Test match

Online bug

Mode: Online
Match Type: T5
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 10 overs + 1st over
Ground: Dont remember
Teams: Awesome XI (me) and Pakistan CG
Get Best: yes
Description of Issue: Score was 3 run on 2 balls but it was showing 35 runs on 0 ball...and then the opponent was disconnected from network...

PS: Screeshot is in attachment....

Attachments

• 20140417_145641.jpg
    20140417_145641.jpg
    572.3 KB · Views: 153
Bug : I updated DBC14 on my ps3 today, i continued my career as a Bat-AR, and continued a 4 day game which i saved before the patch. my team's AI was bowling, i saw that the field setup had like max slip fielders, then when it was my turn to bowl, i wanted to change the field setup, i pressed D-PAD down, i see all the field options(fast, medium, spin, all, defensive, offensive, etc) are empty. any one faced it?

Bug : I updated DBC14 on my ps3 today, i continued my career as a Bat-AR, and continued a 4 day game which i saved before the patch. my team's AI was bowling, i saw that the field setup had like max slip fielders, then when it was my turn to bowl, i wanted to change the field setup, i pressed D-PAD down, i see all the field options(fast, medium, spin, all, defensive, offensive, etc) are empty. any one faced it?

Same here

Attachments

• IMG_1531[1].JPG
    IMG_1531[1].JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 94
after patch updation career mode stopped working

Just to make things easier to identify for us, I'd like to recommend people use a template in posting their issues or anomalies.

Mode:
Match Type:
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):
Ground:
Teams:
Get Best:
Description of Issue:

This will help us quickly attempt to identify anything you deem to be needing a look at and potentially fix if it's deemed to be an issue, bug, anomaly or otherwise.

Any more information that you can add only helps us find it quicker.

Mode:career
Match Type:after IPL final match
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):after IPL final match
Ground:NA
Teams:Kolkata Myself vs Bangalore in final
Get Best: yes
Description of Issue:After IPL final simulator running with out any team names.Game is not responding needs to kill the game even after restart same issue. See the screenshot. Plz guide me how to continue my career

Attachments

• IMG_20140417_131628989.jpg
    IMG_20140417_131628989.jpg
    385.4 KB · Views: 93
Worth noting after downloading the update, my PS3 froze and got stuck on a loop, had to kill it and relaunch DBC

Mode: Career
Match Type: T20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 8.4
Ground: Sydney
Teams: Sydney Sixers/Sydney Thunder
Description of Issue: Bowler does the fielding off a straight drive to the onside, instantly throws the ball back to the keeper as I press "O" to get back in the crease (I would say, I was about half an inch out or less maybe?). Ball hits the stumps on the way through, foot is inside the crease. Given out. Basically the same impossible fielding/throwing down the stumps I've been experiencing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mode: casual
Match Type: ODI
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 0.0
Ground: adelaide
Teams: kasabian21 XI v netherlands
Get Best: no
Description of Issue: commentary has turned itself off during my innings (batting second)

Edit: I saved and exited the game and re-loaded it and the commentary was back on.

Edit edit: the commentary now seems less frequent and I'm only getting comments once each ball (or over) has completed and the ball is the keepers or bowlers hands. No comments when playing a shot/playing and missing etc...

Last edited:
Match Type: 4 Day Test
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 29 overs
Ground: Melbourne
Teams: Melbourne v Tasmania
Description of Issue: AI Batsman drives the ball towards Mid On, he runs in and takes a one-handed miracle catch, umpire gives it out. On replay, the ball is hit into the pitch from the bat and looks like a pretty straightforward drive to mid on?

Match Type: one day
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 20th (ish)
Ground: SCG
Teams: NSW v QLD
Get Best:
Description of Issue: batting at the non strikers end. No run was called but bowler go in the way of batsman and was not able to return to crease.
It was a shot hit back at the bowler, they came into what looked like a little contact. the batsman just walked back to crease, even though i told him to get back, and was run out

Match Type: 4 Day Test
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 29 overs
Ground: Melbourne
Teams: Melbourne v Tasmania
Description of Issue: AI Batsman drives the ball towards Mid On, he runs in and takes a one-handed miracle catch, umpire gives it out. On replay, the ball is hit into the pitch from the bat and looks like a pretty straightforward drive to mid on?

Simple, you have activated the hidden 'french cricket' version of the game: Caught one handed on the bounce is perfectly legitimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread