Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha... for what it's worth, I see no difference in the "impossible" fielding, if it's been changed? Bowler is still stopping everything within his follow-through arc, although he did drop a caught-and-bowled chance that the AI gave him. I also seem to be edging a lot more to the keeper, so... yay?

Haha... for what it's worth, I see no difference in the "impossible" fielding, if it's been changed? Bowler is still stopping everything within his follow-through arc, although he did drop a caught-and-bowled chance that the AI gave him. I also seem to be edging a lot more to the keeper, so... yay?

The fielding is changed with regards to drops but not the reflexes themselves, the biggest thing you should notice is that the run-outs and laser fielding is gone.

Yup, the run-outs, especially when no "Run" is pressed, are all but gone... especially from the boundary line. In-close fielders tend to "flinch" away from the ball a little more often, even if their bodies tend to stop the ball, which is perfectly fine.

I also seem to be accumulating "Skill Points" a little more frequently in batting, or am I just noticing them more because, genuine shock, I'm better?

You might be getting better :)

...you wash your mouth out, saying garbage like that.

Woot! Finally getting consistent scores between 20 and 50! Bowling average is something like 7.5 in first class and I'm now at the "Getting Attention" selection thing for the Test side :)

Mode: Career
Match Type: All
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): User-Initiated
Ground: All
Teams: Victoria v [Insert Any Team here]
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue: The press O to cancel run after pressing run bug is still there, the batsman just "walks back" into his crease, rather than the quickly-slide-bat-back-in animation that you get close-by to the crease, when you haven't attempted the run. Cancelling it, defaults to the old walk-back-in problem...

Ross and Big Ant

You guys are amazing, the game is thus far the best cricket game I have played, just imagine how much better it will be with the patches? :)

keep up the amazing work...

Riz

Match Type: All
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): User-Initiated
Ground: All
Teams: Victoria v [Insert Any Team here]
Description of Issue: The press O to cancel run after pressing run bug is still there, the batsman just "walks back" into his crease, rather than the quickly-slide-bat-back-in animation that you get close-by to the crease, when you haven't attempted the run. Cancelling it, defaults to the old walk-back-in problem...

This has been my experience as well and have mentioned that in the "Patch #1 Released" thread. Batsman take their own sweet time to return to the crease once you cancel the run and don't bother sliding the bat in resulting in a run out. Unfortunately, the R2 button for sliding the bat in doesn't work once you cancel the run and you are essentially at the mercy of the game/graphics.

Match Type: English P40 Cup, Round 11
Over Count: (16.1 & 18.0)
Ground: County Ground
Teams: Derbyshire v Yorkshire
Got Patch: Yes
Console : PS3

Video: DBC13 - Mixz0r
(poor quality sorry, can export to a higher resolution if required)

Description of Issue

Clean bowled two batsmen in the same game, but nothing happened (no wicket). Neither was a ?no ball?. *

One (16.1) hit middle stump, and nothing happened. I hit ?appeal?... nothing happened. The video shows another ball of the same over showing scores of 0 0 0 (not 0nb 0 0). I filmed this bit with one hand and bowled with the other, and managed a one-handed wicket!

The second (18.0) went behind the batsman but clipped off stump and was called a wide. Surely if it hits off stump it can?t be a wide, can it?

Also had an issue in a career ODI (Aus v NZ I think) earlier tonight (also post-patch) where the ball travels through the keeper and in to his glove. Caught behind! Obviously just a clipping error (or whatever you nerds call it) but I thought it was worth mentioning. The ball goes through his back, pop out is stomach and fall in to his glove to dismiss me. I was gutted.

Lastly; while waiting for my video to upload, I took a hat-trick in the final ODI (Aus v NZ). My first international hat-trick! I skipped though the cut-scenes to see the new batsman walking in, and the screen went black! I can hear the crowd but can?t do anything! Can get to the XMB and back but the game is eff?ed. It?s been five minutes now. Looks like I?m restarting the system...

I hope this info helps.

*In fact, I?m yet to bowl a ?no ball? with my career player. Is it even possible with a wrist spinner? I?m sure I?ve gone up on the RS really early/late many times but it?s never been called a no ball. My stats will back this up.

Last edited:
Match Type: Aus one day comp
Over Count: All overs of 2nd inns
Ground: Mcg
Teams: Wa v Vic
Got Patch: Yes
Console : PS3
Same field for every bowler ,5 slips,Short Leg, Mid off, Fine leg, And point

I can't connect to my friends for online match ups, its gives me an error message, I was hoping it would be fixed with a patch, but still cannot play friends online for custom match ups

Match Type: 4 day
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 3rd first ball
Ground: DB Oval
Teams: Somerset and Surrey
Get Best: Y
Description of Issue: Opening batsman hit ball straight to mid on and ran. Stumps were thrown down before batsmen had even crossed.

Match Type: 4 day
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 6th over 2nd ball
Ground: DB Oval
Teams: Somerset and Surrey
Get Best: Y
Description of Issue: Bowled a 98 mph bouncer. Went through at waist height and bounced twice before reaching keeper. Haven't got anything over shoulder height.

Match Type: ODI
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): ANY
Ground: ANY
Teams: ANY
Get Best:ANY
Description of Issue: Match reduced to 43 overs due to rain and I had chased the target in 34 overs, but it's showing as AI won the match.

It's 3rd time I got this bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread