Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi Bigant, i am not home so i can not comment on the PS3 version but i also agree with the above comments about the pull/cut shots in the game for PC.

PS I was at a wedding yesterday and after i pulled out the PC version and showed it to some of the guests, they all loved it but one request was maybe for spin bowling was less spins of the left trigger as PS3 control pads cost heaps and also make spinning more fun. Just wanted your opinion.

Great job again with this amazing game, you guys should should be real proud of yourselves. Maybe double there pays Ross.:lol

----------

The problem I'm having is to reinvent my game. All those tucks/clips to leg and glides to 3rd man are resulting in dismissals on a regular basis :(

Try the cover drives or defend few balls and maybe the AI will change the field.

mixz0r

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
PS I was at a wedding yesterday and after i pulled out the PC version and showed it to some of the guests...

You what? What sort of wedding was this? Why did you take a PC version of DBC14 with you? Why/how was there a gaming-capable PC at the wedding?

So many questions. I'm going to mention this to my financ?e. She thinks she gets to call all the shots...

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Try the cover drives or defend few balls and maybe the AI will change the field.

Well, playing cover drives instead of tucking deliveries to the leg does fall under the definition of "reinventing my game" ;)

You what? What sort of wedding was this? Why did you take a PC version of DBC14 with you? Why/how was there a gaming-capable PC at the wedding?

So many questions. I'm going to mention this to my financ?e. She thinks she gets to call all the shots...

79c never ceases to amaze us :)

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Issue is I think DBC14 said "no".

fanirama

Associate Cricketer
Balls that just miss your leg stump by centimeters are called wide routinely by the umpire for your and AI bowling.

Usually happens if the ball pitches just outside leg and you attempt the back foot flick type shot (left stick down and right stick left) and your char completely moves to the right exposing the stumps and making it look like the ball is far from you

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Balls that just miss your leg stump by centimeters are called wide routinely by the umpire for your and AI bowling.

Usually happens if the ball pitches just outside leg and you attempt the back foot flick type shot (left stick down and right stick left) and your char completely moves to the right exposing the stumps and making it look like the ball is far from you

This only happens in shorter formats, which is quite realistic. These days anything going down leg is a wide in T20s and odis.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
This only happens in shorter formats, which is quite realistic. These days anything going down leg is a wide in T20s and odis.

Agreed, but it's a shame. Would be good for an option one day for old style ODI leg side wides. I imagine it'd be a billion miles down the list, but if it was there, I'd have it on when playing mates. It takes some skill to bowl them that way and equally takes skill to hit them.

Anyhow, back to my issues with DBC'14 Patch 2.

Platform: PS3. Game Mode: Casual 10over. Came Position: Bowling.

I bowled through a good ball, was nicked. I appealed when the wicketkeeper caught it. It was given. Then instead of a replay, my wicketkeeper starts running down the field on the offside. He slows, stops, meets many other players for congratulations and then those continue until they are just standing there in basic animation.

I couldn't continue the game, or save and exit. The only option that did work was to forfeit the game.

The only other issue I've seen so far is scores, not being accurate or from a previous session or previous over and then correcting themselves when scoring or overs progresses.

Lastly, to anyone who has the stuttering issue on PS3. I haven't had it this time round. I had it when I first got the game (pre-patch 1) and couldn't believe how bad it was. Then I went into practice (it was worse there), did all the practice. Came out, played a casual game and it was a lot better, but not right. I then turned it off and the next time I booted up the game, it played fine. From then on it always did.

It was kind of like the PS3 was having trouble getting used to reading the game or something, as weird as that sounds and after I'd done that practice (which was hard with so much stuttering) it worked a lot better. Might not help, but worth a go.

Is it mostly people who downloaded the game from PSN/Xbox Live, or is it retail people?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Agreed, but it's a shame. Would be good for an option one day for old style ODI leg side wides. I imagine it'd be a billion miles down the list, but if it was there, I'd have it on when playing mates. It takes some skill to bowl them that way and equally takes skill to hit them.

I think there's an option to select "Test style wides" or "odi style wides" in competition/match designer in DBC academy.

C A Iversen said:
Lastly, to anyone who has the stuttering issue on PS3. I haven't had it this time round. I had it when I first got the game (pre-patch 1) and couldn't believe how bad it was. Then I went into practice (it was worse there), did all the practice. Came out, played a casual game and it was a lot better, but not right. I then turned it off and the next time I booted up the game, it played fine. From then on it always did.

It was kind of like the PS3 was having trouble getting used to reading the game or something, as weird as that sounds and after I'd done that practice (which was hard with so much stuttering) it worked a lot better. Might not help, but worth a go.

Is it mostly people who downloaded the game from PSN/Xbox Live, or is it retail people?

The stuttering I'm experiencing is worse than what we gad prior to the 1st patch. When the scoreboard shows with the team lists it almost looks like the screen is shaking/vibrating or as if it's raining in the game. Plus there's random frame rate issues while playing the match. Hopefully these can be rectified but the biggest request from my side (if online gameplay is nailed this time round) would be to fix pull/hook and cut shots so they can be played along the ground most of the times just like it used to work prior to patch 2.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
The stuttering I'm experiencing is worse than what we gad prior to the 1st patch. When the scoreboard shows with the team lists it almost looks like the screen is shaking/vibrating or as if it's raining in the game. Plus there's random frame rate issues while playing the match. Hopefully these can be rectified but the biggest request from my side (if online gameplay is nailed this time round) would be to fix pull/hook and cut shots so they can be played along the ground most of the times just like it used to work prior to patch 2.

Fair enough, it does sound even worse. What I had back then was like a really bad stop starty lag. I guess this is different. :)

Also, the test match style wides aren't quite what I mean. Too wide on the off those ones. :)

dippa

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Small thing I've noticed is that when you successfully dive there's a small window of opportunity the AI likes to exploit when your player stands up. If the dive is too shallow - in that the bat is cross, but the whole body is not - the AI will try and run you out when the play gets up off the ground.

What happens is that the bastman getting up doesn't leave his bat grounded, so it triggers a replay to see whether the batter's wandered his foot over the crease in the interim. Perhaps something that could be patched.

This was on the PC version, but I imagine it'd be easily replicable on console as well.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

That's your OS caching the game.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors

After the weddings, my parents were like David why do we have a cricket game hooked up to are t.v and I said why not.:D

Still the game was a hit but I kicked everyones ass. PS now for the game or Dutch will delete me. I do believe the pull shot needs a tweak.;)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
After the weddings, my parents were like David why do we have a cricket game hooked up to are t.v and I said why not.:D

Still the game was a hit but I kicked everyones ass. PS now for the game or Dutch will delete me. I do believe the pull shot needs a tweak.;)

How many did you attend? :eek:

Benprobert

School Cricketer
I'm having the same problem with people congragating in then covers after I got someone nicked off!!!! Please can you sort it out my life is ruined otherwise. Another thing is I read that the stumps were going to fly out of the ground hasn't happens with me as of yet. Anyone else find AI playing and getting away with stupid shots ? Like a cut between slips and gully off a good ball on middle and leg ? Other than that Great game, top job guys.

Last edited:

Wyndo7

Club Cricketer
PLATFORM: X360
GAMEMODE: Career
POSITION: Batting
ISSUE: Every time a batsman is caught out, the popup as they're walking off always lists them as caught and bowled, however the scorecard in the menu shows the correct dismissal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread