Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just played my first game of a new career on Xbox - one I started because going into the nets on my existing career game resulted in machine seizing up.

So... got through opening first class game and enjoyed it but at the end of the game the machine froze up again, immediately after the match ended - bit where you normally go back to screen showing your player and points earned in the game.

Think tomorrow I'm going to completely wipe the game from my Xbox and start from scratch - load up, install patch etc. Hopefully that'll sort things as since the patch my old career doesn't work and a new one doesn't either. Not great as I only play career mode !

im a pc user ....in career mode when i take a wicket my player and all the player move towards the right side of the pitch and just stand there and do nothing ..and no matter which button i press they wont move and i have to restart the whole game....the problem wasnt in the start of the game but in past 3 days it has become a severe prob....so any helP?

I played a few short format offline games (T20s & odis) on PS3 after applying patch 2 and here are the issues/concerns or areas of improvement...

1. Load times have increased and it takes longer to start the match.

2. The game stuttering/shuddering has increased with occasional frame-rate/frame skipping issues. The game was smoother to play pre-patch 2.

3. Pull/hook and cut shots invariably go in the air. IMO pull and cut shots were nailed pretty well prior to the 2nd patch and should be reverted. Now you can't play a short ball to the leg if "Square Leg" or "Forward Square Leg" is in place, which is the case most of the times. This would be my highest priority to fix as it impacts gameplay directly.

4. Though AI fields don't violate any field restriction or rules of the game, they are still too aggressive with 2-3 slips in odis and T20s. Definitely scope of improvement in this area.

I played a few short format offline games (T20s & odis) on PS3 after applying patch 2 and here are the issues/concerns or areas of improvement...

1. Load times have increased and it takes longer to start the match.

2. The game stuttering/shuddering has increased with occasional frame-rate/frame skipping issues. The game was smoother to play pre-patch 2.

3. Pull/hook and cut shots invariably go in the air. IMO pull and cut shots were nailed pretty well prior to the 2nd patch and should be reverted. Now you can't play a short ball to the leg if "Square Leg" or "Forward Square Leg" is in place, which is the case most of the times. This would be my highest priority to fix as it impacts gameplay directly.

4. Though AI fields don't violate any field restriction or rules of the game, they are still too aggressive with 2-3 slips in odis and T20s. Definitely scope of improvement in this area.

Prior to patch 2 I had never been caught off a pull and I was doing pretty well as a batsmen, now everything goes in the air and I am constantly caught at square leg. It is kind of frustrating.

Prior to patch 2 I had never been caught off a pull and I was doing pretty well as a batsmen, now everything goes in the air and I am constantly caught at square leg. It is kind of frustrating.

Yup. If the AI sets a ring field you can't play to the on side and get a single coz any short delivery will be hit in the air. Same with the cut shot through the 3rd man area. If slip or gully is around you can't glide/cut the ball to 3rd man, which is a pretty standard shot, as it will go in the air no matter how well you time it. Fixing these two shots and reverting them to their pre-2nd patch state would be my top priority.

Just played my first game of a new career on Xbox - one I started because going into the nets on my existing career game resulted in machine seizing up.

So... got through opening first class game and enjoyed it but at the end of the game the machine froze up again, immediately after the match ended - bit where you normally go back to screen showing your player and points earned in the game.

Think tomorrow I'm going to completely wipe the game from my Xbox and start from scratch - load up, install patch etc. Hopefully that'll sort things as since the patch my old career doesn't work and a new one doesn't either. Not great as I only play career mode !

I've tried doing this and it didn't work. I've just deleted the patch and play career my old career withouth the new patch which kinda sucks. :(

We'll look into this stuff today but if you could please use the format given for reporting bugs and be specific. Saying "severe lag" without a definition of when makes it impossible for us to pinpoint, whereas "lag while players are running" gives us a chance.

Mode: career
Match type: Any
Over count: Any
Ground: Any
Teams: Any
Get Best: Any
Issue:
I have downloaded the new patch 2.0 on my 360. Started a new career and every time I finish a game and get to the auto save screen, the game freezes on me. It does whenever I try to save and exit mid game and whenever I use the practice net feature on my career mode as well. I've tried uninstalling the patch then reinstalling and the same problem still persists.

We'll look into this stuff today but if you could please use the format given for reporting bugs and be specific. Saying "severe lag" without a definition of when makes it impossible for us to pinpoint, whereas "lag while players are running" gives us a chance.

I didn't use the format as the points I made are irrespective of the format, and are not technically a bug but more of "enhancements needed". But it's a pretty good patch IMO if the pull/hook and cut shots can be played along the ground a la pre-patch 2 :thumbs

What i find is to keep that shot down you now have to use both triggers and it keeps the ball down.. I like the new pull/cut shots but it takes a while to understand timings/variants :)

What i find is to keep that shot down you now have to use both triggers and it keeps the ball down.. I like the new pull/cut shots but it takes a while to understand timings/variants :)

IMO standard hook/pull & cut shots should go along the ground unless you mistime them. You shouldn't need to use additional triggers for along the ground shots.

IMO standard hook/pull & cut shots should go along the ground unless you mistime them. You shouldn't need to use additional triggers for along the ground shots.

I play that shot alot (bit of a leg side gimp) lol but at 1st i was caught there a fair bit now... im timing it either side of the fielders leg side... Just takes some getting used to but i find the hook/pull is more enjoyable to play now. Before this change i could barely hit anything on legside in front of square now i can so im happy :)

I play that shot alot (bit of a leg side gimp) lol but at 1st i was caught there a fair bit now... im timing it either side of the fielders leg side... Just takes some getting used to but i find the hook/pull is more enjoyable to play now. Before this change i could barely hit anything on legside in front of square now i can so im happy :)

The problem I'm having is to reinvent my game. All those tucks/clips to leg and glides to 3rd man are resulting in dismissals on a regular basis :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread