Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.

woosaah

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

(how do you embed videos??? there is no embed function)

Career Mode
First Class
Second Innings (don't know the day etc)

Some dodgy fielding going on here, guy picks up the ball and hiffs it as hard as he can and hits the guy right next to him. guy runs over and picks up the ball and returns it.

guy should have fallen over dead maybe.

made an extra run in that too (still lost by about 300 runs so no big)

Last edited by a moderator:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
(how do you embed videos??? there is no embed function)
Get the link to the video and press the
youtubesmall.gif
button and paste the link in.

Slugger

Club Cricketer
Mode: Career
Match Type: 4 day domestic
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 7.1
Ground: Multiple
Teams: Multiple teams ( i play for QLD)
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue: First 7 overs ( i am opening batsmen, managing to stay in) are very conservative fields with players on the boundary everywhere. Come 7.1 overs suddenly the AI fielding captain wakes up and puts 5 slips, gully and short fielders everywhere. No biggie but a bit weird

woosaah

Club Cricketer

superman fielding, I thought this was "fixed" in the patch but this was quite bad.

Nicol on 110(104), trying to go over the top, he doesnt hit it well but it looks to be past the field, nope.

29.4 overs
one day
career
with patch

Last edited by a moderator:

Slugger

Club Cricketer
Match Type: 4 day domestic
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 0.4
Ground: MCG
Teams: QLD vs TAS ( i play for QLD)
Description of Issue: Took my first leg bye!!! Awesome!, however, the commentators exact words were "that's come straight off the bat so they scamper through for a leg bye". Again not a big deal but one would hope whoever gave these guys scripts to read being recorded would get this a bit more accurate.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, commentary as I've always said is not a strong point. Turn it off and just have game audio and stadium announcer.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
3 bugs I have found so far.

Game mode - Career and Casual
Match type any
Rest all things Any..

After few overs it shows 0/0 in some overs and then after a delivary back to normal score. I know this has been reported.

2) team 1 in casual mode 99.999% time wins the toss

3) Super human fielders still.

4) AI run rate too high (career mode). I remember South Australia scored 500 runs in 110 odd overs.

Having said that, this is the best game of cricket I have ever played. Thanks @BigAntStudios.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
As far as I know this hasn't been reported pre-patch 1, but was probably there.

Mode: All
Match Type: Casual
Over Count: N/A
Ground: N/A
Teams: All

Description of issue: In casual mode with friends you can't select who's home and away side without exchanging controllers. Not a big one, but if you have a gold controller or something, that you don't want a brick-fingered mate to break it's more of an issue then. :)

CallyT

School Cricketer
Match Type: 4 day domestic and odi
Over Count 1st over
Ground: Multiple
Teams: Multiple teams ( i play for QLD)
Description of Issue: I am the opener batsman, 2 times I have started at the non strikers area and already been on 1 or 2 runs without facing a ball.

nick1408

School Cricketer
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/2741731-post1273.html

AS above, 3 fieldsmen behind square again. Game is patched now so surprised this slipped through the cracks seeing as it was posted both here and at Big Footy:

Match Type: First Class (first season, NSW v QLD @ Sydney)
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): second innings, 0.4 overs in. Had scored majority of runs square in first innings though.
Ground: SCG
Teams: NSW v QLD
Get Best: Yep
Description of Issue: Three fieldsmen behind square. I had played towards square each ball I faced (3). A link to the pic is below. You can clearly see the square leg umpire and the three fieldsmen. As above, I scored heavily square of the wicket in the first innings.

HBK619 & BigAntStudios I thought this would have been towards the top of the list of fixes seeing as it is breaking a law of cricket. I can only assume it will be fixed in the next patch?

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/3171/4t2f.jpg

Last edited:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/2741731-post1273.html

AS above, 3 fieldsmen behind square again. Game is patched now so surprised this slipped through the cracks seeing as it was posted both here and at Big Footy:

Match Type: First Class (first season, NSW v QLD @ Sydney)
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): second innings, 0.4 overs in. Had scored majority of runs square in first innings though.
Ground: SCG
Teams: NSW v QLD
Get Best: Yep
Description of Issue: Three fieldsmen behind square. I had played towards square each ball I faced (3). A link to the pic is below. You can clearly see the square leg umpire and the three fieldsmen. As above, I scored heavily square of the wicket in the first innings.

HBK619 & BigAntStudios I thought this would have been towards the top of the list of fixes seeing as it is breaking a law of cricket. I can only assume it will be fixed in the next patch?

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/3171/4t2f.jpg

Patch#1 was not a scheduled patch, it was finished and submitted last week. Top of the list was career mode players keeping their roles/normalisation of stats, and the accuracy and want of fielders to throw the stumps down. We have also put in some other changes but they were the main ones.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
If you tag @HBK619 then he will be sure to add them into our database if warranted.

Please do not tag him if it is not in the form of the template and don't abuse it with wish list items (please)

Also please be 100% sure it's really a bug (looking at you 79c) as we don't want to waste resources following dead ends.

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Mode: Casual ( Multiplayer)
Match Type: Test
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 6th-7th Over
Ground: Random
Teams: SA all time vs Pak all time
Description of Issue: batting team controls change from invert to normal automatically (checked in options). Later only was able to play back foot and on the off side. Got fixed in next match automatically and happened again in T20 match same style in 6th 7th over mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread