Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mode: Career
Match Type: County Championship
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): Worcestershire 2nd innings (4th innings of match)
Ground: Lancashire (probably)
Teams: Essex v Worcestershire
Get Best: yes
Description of Issue: Someone else mentioned this in an earlier thread as an all-rounder. Basically I am the best bowler in the CC and got 4-19 in Worcestershire's 1st innings. In their 2nd innings, with Worcestershire chasing an improbable 550+ for victory their number 3 and 4 get 150+ each as they look like chasing it down. I don't get a bowl until the 91st over of the 4th innings which doesn't seem right.

I got 45 in the 2nd innings batting and it seems that whenever I do well with the bat I'm less likely to get a bowl in the following innings.

Match Type: Pro40
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): Not sure
Ground: Lancashire
Teams: Surrey v Glamorgan
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue: Took a wicket and the screen went black. Cheering continued but had to quit game to continue.

This just happened to me again. 5th wicket of the innings (Pro40 again). Is it just me getting this?

This just happened to me again. 5th wicket of the innings (Pro40 again). Is it just me getting this?

I have had only one black screen barmy from a saved game i had to delete but nothing else in the 3 and a bit weeks. I must say it's strange how some of us are getting the odd difference from say PS3 and Xbox, i bet your on xbox.

Just something I'd thought I'm mention that we noticed while playing some practise matches for our league is that online it is near impossible/very difficult to play slower ball bouncers by medium pacers!

You guys should try replacing your hdmi cables, i had this problem on international cricket 2010 and also had lag in the game. It all got solved after I replaced it with a spare one lying around. Maybe it helps :wave

That makes no sense as it's happened with two different HDMI cables and the input still works in the sense that you can press the PS button.

That makes no sense as it's happened with two different HDMI cables and the input still works in the sense that you can press the PS button.

ok, i guess maybe some other issue than. :wave

----------

Mode: Competition
Match Type: T20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): NA
Ground: NA
Teams: Pak vs Scotland
Description of Issue:

When fine tune is pressed; I don't see any option to view if a bowler is a spinner or fast bowler; Also, if the player being replaced is worse or better than the current squad member. same is the case if a batman is being replaced (stats, lefty, righty etc) t:wave

Match Type: Pro40
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): N/A
Ground:
Teams: Worcestershire (me) Vs Glamorgan
Description of Issue: my team was set a target of 306 by Glamorgan when in the 16th over the rain appeared. Some overs where cut off and now the target is 295 from 46 overs by D/L calculation. All fine and my team chased it with 2 overs to spare despitethis, during the match ending cutscene the opossition players start to celebrate and they where awarded the win as appearantly I lost the match by 10 runs!

@Ross Sharing some videos captured for your QA team for the issues reported earlier. These games i played with wired connection and i don't see much improvement with the lag as well.

bowled

Unable to join session

Wide

This is not a good look. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I haven't played it just yet. just reading the reviews before I can land me a copy. But the number of bugs - real bugs not the crap most persons gripe about like "Batting is too hard" are really a lot. I said once I am viewing this purchase as an investment in hopefully the next gen release of DBC 15.

I think I will wait this one out until the bugs get worked out and pick it up on Steam. With said sail selling a BNIB PS3 anyone interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. I mentioned that as as potential issue when I noted that I, as a pace bowler, replaced a spinner meaning we were playing a 5 man pace attack in every match.
This is all stuff for the next version but there does need to be more the AI picking a side rather than just doing it by batting order.

Yea i had the same issue when in a previous career i was batting at 5 shield team was going in a batsmen light as it didnt drop an extra bowler dropped the batsmen that normally bats at 5 so i started a new career and changed to 7. without a thought that it could affect the australian team structure. Hope they can fix it in the new verison as it is im tentative about playing further into the game having no faith in shane watsons ability to keep.

I had a really annoying online problem where literally every ball I faced somehow caused me to get bowled. Like I had a few balls be called wides; I got the run for the wide and I'd also end up out bowled... One literally past my batsman three feet wide of leg stump; but the bails came off anyway. After a double hat trick, two of which were like that I forfeited the game because I ended up 10-5 and I couldn't be arsed playing any further...

e: Here's something ensue: probably easier to fix...

Match Type: County Championship
Over Count: 2nd over of Surrey's first innings: second innings of the match
Ground: Melbourne
Teams: Sussex vs Surrey
Get Best: No, using teams from forum thread
Issue: My career player is a left arm chinaman bowler; and in my second match, I've been made one of the opening bowlers... This would make sense it is was a T20 game perhaps: but not in a first class game in England. The pitch apparently is dusty so that may have influenced AI decision, but still it seems a little odd...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread