Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats good but it might affect the balance of the game. The pace variation will not have any affect and will be difficult to pick wickets. Right now if i play little late to a fast bowler @132 kph speed it will race to boundary and @ max speed i don't get edges and i can take singles easily.

Definitely they should restrict the speed but at the same time it should not affect balance between batting and bowling.

Last edited:
A bug which has occurred at least twice in career mode is being given out lbw when the ball has obviously (I am talking a good 6 inches or so) pitched outside leg, this only seems to occur when bowlers go round the wicket. This really annoys me as it would a real life cricketer.

This is the only glitch that really gets too me and I am hoping it is easily rectifiable?

We do. We have all seen what James Hopes, Ravi Bopara and Chad Sayers can do in the game bowling at 82 kph. Especially Sayers, who bowls along with Kane Richardson. Last night I played a career match where I was barely able to flick Kane Richardson's 151 kph thunderbolt for a single and the very next delivery next over, Sayers bowls one at 82 kph :(

There should be some way to ensure speed thresholds for various bowlers in the game. Batting is tough enough already without adding these dramatic changes in pace for all bowlers. In real life you don't see bowlers varying their pace from 140s to 107 kph every other delivery. @BigAntStudios, I propose the following thresholds for various bowlers and hope it's patched in sometime...

Fast: 155 kph to 132 kph
Fast-Medium: 142 kph to 120 kph
Medium: 125 kph to 105 kph
Spinners: 98 kph to 76 kph

At least the pace variation should be in the same ballpark and not vary from 150 to 100 kph.

I cannot agree more with you . There is absolutely no "tell" in the game to even remotely assist in the dramatic change of speed.

You cannot have an over where its 6 totally different balls , ie the 3 different lenghts , and then coupled to that these wildly differing speeds of a fastie which one moment bowl 158 km/h , and next ball 102 km/h , alternating each ball. This makes batting against fast bowling very hit and miss , coupled with the premeditation of the footwork.

Thats why Mid On/Off is having such a field day because of this , and that`s also why the bowling feels so easy , because it becomes pretty easy to bowl like this after a day or two`s practice. Wickets are easily gained by the changes in pace.

I`ve once commented to my wife , that if bowlers could in real life pull of these massive speed changes with the same actions 6 balls in an over , I would have quit club cricket 13 years ago .

I cannot agree more with you . There is absolutely no "tell" in the game to even remotely assist in the dramatic change of speed.

You cannot have an over where its 6 totally different balls , ie the 3 different lenghts , and then coupled to that these wildly differing speeds of a fastie which one moment bowl 158 km/h , and next ball 102 km/h , alternating each ball. This makes batting against fast bowling very hit and miss , coupled with the premeditation of the footwork.

Thats why Mid On/Off is having such a field day because of this , and that`s also why the bowling feels so easy , because it becomes pretty easy to bowl like this after a day or two`s practice. Wickets are easily gained by the changes in pace.

I`ve once commented to my wife , that if bowlers could in real life pull of these massive speed changes with the same actions 6 balls in an over , I would have quit club cricket 13 years ago .

I am very very interested in the reply your wife gave you........

I am very very interested in the reply your wife gave you........

Acid Burn (AB): [Throwing controller on the couch after getting bowled umpteenth time] I tell you these bowlers cheat in the game. In real life if bowlers could bowl the same way i would have given up cricket ages ago.

AB's wife: [Gives a long cold stare in AB's direction]

AB: [Gulps, saves & exits the game, turns off the ps3 and slinks away]

Mode: Career
Match Type: Any
Ground: Any
Teams: Career team vs any team
Description: I don't know whether any one else has raised this issue before. The non striker (AI) is running back once I hit the ball even if it is in the gap. I did not press 'O' button to cancel the run. When I started the run by pressing Square button the non striker is coming from behind the umpire and is getting late in reaching the crese. This is causing unnecessary run out for the AI player.

Is this getting fixed in patch 2 ??

when you hit any spinner on leg side you get catch out at deep square leg!
even if you play late..

that has to be changed the ball must be kept on ground..
and yes i play it with good timing..it goes like a bullet..

when you hit any spinner on leg side you get catch out at deep square leg!
even if you play late..

that has to be changed the ball must be kept on ground..
and yes i play it with good timing..it goes like a bullet..

Yeh I think there are some questionable physics sometimes, especially when facing spinners. How do leg glances rocket in the air so hard like this from a shot where there is actually not much bad speed going through the ball. If it was a slog sweep then yes, but a leg glance, I dunno.

Then you have occasions when playing square cuts behind square when facing 150km/h fast bowlers and the ball just dies.

Things feel a bit mixed up.

Issues I have identified

1. I was chasing 295 in 50 overs in career mode. Then rain arrived after 6 overs of my inning. My team was given target of 265 in 42 overs with D/L. My team reached 265/7 in 39.2 overs but other team was given winner by 29 runs after that.

2. Six gone for 184 Meters in career mode.

3. After rain in scorecard shows match tied instead of runs to win.

4. Opponents put more than 5 fielders in career mode.

BUG:

1) leg/off spin bowled at feet on leg side is always caught at deep square leg and its perfectly timed shot... its definitely a bug.. :facepalm

theres nothing more you can do to that ball but play it on leg and you get caught always.. its very irritating..

2) even if you bowl stupid deliveries you get +1 out swing inswing and so on...
but doesnt happen with batting.......the ratings should go up frequently.. its really a pain to bat..
its more like a bowling game:mad

Last edited:
You don't always get caught. I play that shot the whole time and very rarely get caught. The problem is your timing/footwork or both.

I don't know. I'm growing suspicious of the leg glance as well.

Apart from the annoying fact that the batsmen always seem to try and bludgeon this shot into next season, it also seems like the one shot where the animation does not respond accurately to the controller inputs for footwork.

Given, I still make timing and footwork errors in my 5th season, but something must be a bit off if the batsman always seems to be on the 'inside' of the ball. I've had cases where he slides past his offstump to one that ends up being a wide down leg.

The batsman's balance somehow compromised by a badly timed shot?...might explain it, but I don't know. The suspicion remains.

I am having trouble with playig cover drive in the initial stages of my innings (sometimes in later stages as well). I push the foot placement straight or towards off side. but the batsman is placing the foot outside the leg stump and plays the shot towards mid off. Sometimes I held the LAS still in the same direction to see whether my foot placement is wrong but that is not the case. Is this is a bug or it is due to the batsman's confidence level.

You don't always get caught. I play that shot the whole time and very rarely get caught. The problem is your timing/footwork or both.

it goes flat as a bullet..it is perfectly timed..
point is it should not go this flat and fast, its a leg glance..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread