Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, checked the code and the AI will reverse-sweep the hell out of you if the ball is not good, it's their "go to" shot - this will change in a future patch.[COLOR="Silver"[/URL]

Thanks for response much appreciated! Nice to know they are keen to punish poor bowling!

Hey Ross, I've got a feeling this has been mentioned a few times, but I think there are only two problems in the game.

I think that the AI Sweep & especially, Reverse Sweep the ball to much. Is there any way of fixing that?

Also I think fieldsmen direct hit to much. It seems like it's always a 50/50 chance that a player will direct hit the stumps from outside the ring, where in real life maybe it would be about a 5/95 chance of hitting.

Anyway love your work, none the less. The game looks fantastic!

I have noticed some issues online. (I love the game however)

1. I played a shot in the air second ball of the match through the covers it went to a black screen.

2. The part where to ready up before a match is way too short, i cannot do my lineup in time.

3. You dont get the bowling assost meter and you dont get the green,red,yellow ring around the ball.

4. Has been quite a bit of lag. (possibly my internet though)

I have noticed some issues online. (I love the game however)

1. I played a shot in the air second ball of the match through the covers it went to a black screen.

2. The part where to ready up before a match is way too short, i cannot do my lineup in time.

3. You dont get the bowling assost meter and you dont get the green,red,yellow ring around the ball.

4. Has been quite a bit of lag. (possibly my internet though)

1. Hard to know - hasn't happened to us, hopefully does not happen again for you.
2. Will check this out.
3. Will check, hope this is not because the other guy had it turned off.
4. It is not lag during online play, it is by design as follows:

The issue is that time it takes for the ball to be bowled is actually faster than the time it takes for a packet to go across the internet. So something needs to be slowed down or paused.

The key outcome is that the batsman will always sees things in real-time, as if the game was local. The bowler cannot because of above.

Once we know the bowlers input we halt the bowling machine to make sure the batsman has had time to have the delivery, this may appear as lag but it is not.

The main thing is that the batsman has to play in real time and play every ball on it's merits, they do not see the slowdown that the bowler sees.

We tried many ways to overcome this issue, slow down play, etc.. but this was the best.

Hey Ross, I've got a feeling this has been mentioned a few times, but I think there are only two problems in the game.

I think that the AI Sweep & especially, Reverse Sweep the ball to much. Is there any way of fixing that?

Also I think fieldsmen direct hit to much. It seems like it's always a 50/50 chance that a player will direct hit the stumps from outside the ring, where in real life maybe it would be about a 5/95 chance of hitting.

Anyway love your work, none the less. The game looks fantastic!

Also I have not seen stumps been shattered after direct hit, only bails are dislodged.

I was playing in a test match and i thought there was going to be breaks after 30 overs and so on. Nothing as far as i can see. So no Lunch and Tea breaks.:spy

PS had a small bug with reading, in the scorecards and in the menu.

Looked like this, On-ine, Op-ions and so on. Has anyone else had this strange bug.:spy

I was playing in a test match and i thought there was going to be breaks after 30 overs and so on. Nothing as far as i can see. So no Lunch and Tea breaks.
I've certainly had breaks in my matches, so not sure what's happening to you. Take a look in the 'match type designer' at the Test match type and see if you can see the intervals there.

I've certainly had breaks in my matches, so not sure what's happening to you. Take a look in the 'match type designer' at the Test match type and see if you can see the intervals there.

I will and thanks MattW for answering. The other bug was strange but nothing to big. PS after you download the teams how do you link the player with real stats.

PS when you had the lunch break in a test match did the players go off with a animation. Also have you run 3 runs yet as i can not and after you hit the ball in the outfield the ball always goes for 4. Has anyone had the ball just stop and only roll a little. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread