Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

Im new to the forum, just want to find out what the career patch will involve?

Im finding batting in career mode extremely difficult. I'm three quarters the way through my second season and I consider getting 5 runs a major milestone.

I started a bowling guy in career to compare the two, and took 11 wickets in my first game.

Please, make it so that for career it starts on something easier than pro!

Thanks.

Its by far the best cricket game ive ever seen. just too hard!

Ross, would really appreciate it if you can somehow patch the AI batting to be a bit more solid against user bowling. I have yet to see AI batsmen score bunch of runs against user bowling on PRO or Veteran. On a similar note, users in career mode are picking wkts way too easily. In fact even a batting all-rounder seems to be getting 4-5 wkts an innings all too often. Shouldn't be so easy to bowl out AI IMO.

That's not happening to everyone. I play on Pro and in career with a Batting All rounder, I tend to pick up 2-3 wickets and have a couple of innings with none. Also, with bowling to the AI, just last night I had a game with New Zealand vs Australia and I had set up a 15 over game. My team only picked up 2 wickets in the game and Australia's David Warner scored 68 not out.

I think some people the likes of yourself are very, very good at games like this and I can understand extra difficulty being asked for on levels of Legend and maybe even Veteran, but on Pro it's pretty challenging for quite a lot of people.

If Pro's difficulty was increased, then I guess Amateur would need it, because that is way too easy. I had people who'd never played ANY cricket games at all, smashing it around on that level and I've never touched Rookie, I'm afraid that I'll just put the controller down and a batsman will score me a double ton. :p

That's not happening to everyone.

I think some people the likes of yourself are very, very good at games like this

I'm not very good at bowling at all yet, but as a batting allrounder and wrist spinner, I picked up a 10 wicket bag in my first career 4-day match, and 6 wickets in my first one dayer. Simply by bowling the ball towards the stumps, getting them bowled or caught. In between were a large number of plays-and-misses, as well as several wides.

Incidentally, after having the opposition about 20/6, the captain took me off and they put on a 200 run partnership while simulating.

Might not be the case with faster bowling.

Last edited:
I'm not very good at bowling at all yet, but as a batting allrounder and wrist spinner, I picked up a 10 wicket bag in my first career 4-day match, and 6 wickets in my first one dayer. Simply by bowling the ball towards the stumps, getting them bowled or caught. In between were a large number of plays-and-misses, as well as several wides.

Incidentally, after having the opposition about 20/6, the captain took me off and they put on a 200 run partnership while simulating.

Yeah it might not. Several people have said that spin is a more tricky type of bowling, I think even Ross himself has said he finds it tougher than pace bowling. So, if you've mastered decent enough control at it to pick up a 10 wicket bag in a four day match, then you've got a good sense of control already and are a good player.

Also, from what I've seen, spin seems not just harder to bowl than pace, but it also seems to be rewarding, so wickets tend to come along a bit more frequently. That might be something worth looking at in a future patch?

I can't understand this fixation that the better players have with making Pro tougher especially so soon. Maybe people should move up to Veteran and then Legend if it's too easy?

IMO, in Pro: batting difficulty needs to pulled back a bit and bowling difficulty needs to be stepped up a bit. But i agree.....its only early! :thumbs

Yeah it might not. Several people have said that spin is a more tricky type of bowling, I think even Ross himself has said he finds it tougher than pace bowling. So, if you've mastered decent enough control at it to pick up a 10 wicket bag in a four day match, then you've got a good sense of control already and are a good player.

My point was more that based on the on-screen HUDs, I'm getting the timing wrong, I'm not getting great spin, I'm not bowling with a consistent line or using any strategy in picking types of balls to bowl, but I'm still picking up wickets every couple of overs in my first career games for very few runs. Something doesn't seem right there!

My point was more that based on the on-screen HUDs, I'm getting the timing wrong, I'm not getting great spin, I'm not bowling with a consistent line or using any strategy in picking types of balls to bowl, but I'm still picking up wickets every couple of overs in my first career games for very few runs. Something doesn't seem right there!

Well I think you're right there. The meter green zones don't really always give you an idea of where you need to be for a better chance at a wicket. I wouldn't say you're getting the timing wrong, because I've found even with pace bowling that when I hit both green zones in the middle a dozen or so times, I'm still getting hit around the park. It almost seems like you're more likely to get a wicket if you really mix it up. Variation seems to confuse batsmen more so than line and length, so maybe that might need a marginal tweak somehow.

Hard to use the template for my issue earlier. But when playing tour mode. Some international games are only 10 overs despite being odi's. Is this by design or a glitch?

My first year in career finished at round 12 of the domestic season with still 4 games to play.. :/ so did they drop me for the rest of the year when I was leading wicket taker with 70odd wickets? I'm confused. Also, no way to go back and check your stats from previous years. Or scorecards from previous years

@BigAntStudios

I have played the game for more than 30 hours now, mostly career mode. I have some comments with regards to need for a future patch.

1. The runout bug has to be fixed. It is very frustrating to inch your career batsmen to a painstaking 15 off 30 balls and then have him runout with out any fault of my own. On the point, can you guys confirm if it is wise to spring every ball to avoid this kind of dismissal keeping in view the fatigue system of the game?

2. The Fielders are too accurate in taking down stumps and bales are taken off randomly even when batsman is way over the line. Also fielders have a habit of backwards moonwalking when the ball comes to them more so when they are near the boundary. These are not game breakers but ruin the aesthetics on otherwise brilliant experience.

3. The front foot/back foot movement reaction time is near to impossible for me at least and I see many echo the same sentiments here. May be something can be done but I won't be too flustered if it does not happen. May be I will be get good at it some day. :yes

4. The wicket keeper stands too close even to someone like Johnson. Again not a game breaker but its an aesthetics thing.

5. The ball does not bounce much when it should at 130-140 KPH and keeper takes most balls at ankle height or much worse it bounces twice before getting to keeper.

6. Silly mid off should not be used this much when quick bowlers are operating. It does not happen much in cricket and the game should replicate this.

These are a few things that I have so far noticed. I am thoroughly enjoying the game and it is difficult because we asked for it be. We got what we asked for and we need to gulp it down like big boys. Don't we?

Agree completely.

Made my first pro to try and got 13 wickets in the first match.

Got 6 runs :(

Bowling seems very hard to achieve consistency, to hit the green zones etc, however it doesnt matter. The AI just gets out all the time when you bowl to them.

Batting on the other hand is completely impossible comparatively.

The change in difficulty from amateur to pro batting is way too extreme.

The bowling looks like its harder but really is just as easy to take wickets.

Summary

On amateur I played AUs vs IND T10, scored 237 then bowled them out for 28.

On Pro my all rounder gets 13 wickets but only 6 runs in 2 innings.

Difficulties are way off. AI is way off.

My first year in career finished at round 12 of the domestic season with still 4 games to play.. :/ so did they drop me for the rest of the year when I was leading wicket taker with 70odd wickets? I'm confused. Also, no way to go back and check your stats from previous years. Or scorecards from previous years

Actually to tell you the truth, this has happened in every season i have played so far...

It would be great to see a year by year stats also

when i start a serious career, i will be recording all my stats myself.

Mode: All Modes
Match Type: All Matched
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):
Ground: All
Teams: All
Get Best:
Description of Issue:
There is a massive issue regarding spin bowling, the ball is hardly spinning regardless of the pitch type or pitch wear. Do the different types of pitches have different effect on the ball? Really not seeing it at the moment.

Description of Issue: Some action around bat pad and in the slips cordon would be very welcome. Bowled upwards of 150 overs in test match mode now in all extreme pace and spin conditions and yet to have a catch in the slips or have anything remotely close to a ball popping up at bat pad from a batsman coming forward.

Definitely feel those 2 things plus some more realistic spin on the ball will improve the longevity and fun of bowling.

Spin needs to be more pronounced

Lots of times in a T20 game during power play there are 3/4 players on the boundary.
For some reason there are no field restrictions for the AI it seems.
Also its too easy on pro level to get the AI out.
Just keep all fielders in the ring and bowl wicket to wicket. They either get run out stupidly by hitting straight to the fielder or they try to hit over the top and get caught.

Mode: Career
Match Type: 4 day
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):
Ground: All
Teams: All
Get Best:
Description of Issue: Weather

Description of Issue: though a minor gripe, sometimes the weather shows 157 Degrees............ 137 Degrees ( all in celcius)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread