Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question targeted at people that have put in quite a few hours into the game now:

-Are you able to bat successfully on Veteran and post a decent total?

I am finding this to be the lowest difficulty you can play on to get a bit of a challenge out of bowling to the CPU.

Ok, so I have had a decent go at this game now and agree with most of what I have read. I haven't read anything (the joys of it being up to 60 pages now)

My main gripes with the game is the running, and that's mainly the cancelling of a run and they don't put the bat in the crease or the dive and he gets up and he gets up out of the crease. But this has been raised anyway.

Another thing that really annoys me, and its probably the way I have always played games but that is another issue, the leave button. I am getting ready for a shot, and I get excited that its where I want to go, i push the aggressive button down and move the right stick forward (or back or side) fast, but at the same time I push the R3 button and I leave it. Most of the time it isn't an issue but alot of the time I leave balls that are on middle stump so i get out bowled/lbw. This is frustrating. Why can't I just change it to L3, I would use it alot more if it was there, and effectively as well. This is the only reason I haven't had a go online yet, I am likely to leave too many balls!

*edit*
Also what is with the AI putting 3 guys behind square on the leg side. I thought that was a no ball!

Last edited:
Ok, so I have had a decent go at this game now and agree with most of what I have read. I haven't read anything (the joys of it being up to 60 pages now)

My main gripes with the game is the running, and that's mainly the cancelling of a run and they don't put the bat in the crease or the dive and he gets up and he gets up out of the crease. But this has been raised anyway.

Another thing that really annoys me, and its probably the way I have always played games but that is another issue, the leave button. I am getting ready for a shot, and I get excited that its where I want to go, i push the aggressive button down and move the right stick forward (or back or side) fast, but at the same time I push the R3 button and I leave it. Most of the time it isn't an issue but alot of the time I leave balls that are on middle stump so i get out bowled/lbw. This is frustrating. Why can't I just change it to L3, I would use it alot more if it was there, and effectively as well. This is the only reason I haven't had a go online yet, I am likely to leave too many balls!

*edit*
Also what is with the AI putting 3 guys behind square on the leg side. I thought that was a no ball!

Hey Woosaah, a few people have agreed with you about the leave button. Myself also, I think Matt W (or was it someone else?) said that maybe a leave could be just choosing a foot button (front or back) and no direction selected. Maybe that could be the way, because on the left stick, I'm still likely to do it once in a while, just not the 30 times I've probably done it so far.

I also have had players go out in the running. Last night I dived for the crease, made it, the bowler swung his arms to break the bails too late (I was safe). I stood up and was run out on the second or third swing at the stumps by the bowler, as my player stood up outside the crease.

This looked like something I could imagine happening many times I'm in that situation.

This game needs a patch

The more I play the more cracks appear.
So many fielding glitches and near impossible abilities are just stacking up.

Look, this game is by far the best cricket game ever but there are quite a few thins that I'm disappointed in.

Why can't you see where exactly you are in a match?
Overs remaining while chasing down a score?
How many overs before lunch or close of play?

Your current partnership?
Why are there no graphs showing your partnerships or the worm/manhattan chart showing progression?

Why can't we see the pitch conditions? How do you call for a power play to be taken?

This game could have been do amazing have they only focused on things that mattered and not relentless replays and superhuman abilities.

They are small issues, and I am still loving the game.

We should gave a game soon, see how many run outs we can get :)

Agree with you. There should be an option of seeing the fielding radar, maybe for 3-4 secs max, as the bowler is at the top of his run-up. Looking for fielders in the outfield uing L2 puts way too much strain on the eyes and takes away a bit from the batting experience. You are so focused on trying to read the line & length, decide the front foot & back foot along with the shot selection that you don't want to focus too much on trying to figure out where the outfielders are every ball. For those who don't want the raar to pop up for a few secs, they can always turn it off in the HUD options.

To me, not allowing even a quick pop up radar (for 3-4 secs) is a little on the unusual side. Even Fifa players can have it (and yeah it's not realistic there either). I find looking through the players eyes with L2 a little on the straining my eyes side too. Sometimes you miss a couple of them, because the frame rate and view is just not the same as real life. In real life you'd see them and instantly remember where most are. In this, it's so much harder.

A game with as much customisation as this gives a huge amount of freedom, but it's almost like the field radar is a disliked idea by the guys at Big Ant. I can understand just having it up there all the time ruining things a bit and people just cherry picking gaps and shots all the time, although this wouldn't happen with a quick peek for 3 secs etc.

----------

They are small issues, and I am still loving the game.

We should gave a game soon, see how many run outs we can get :)

Sounds like an idea. :yes

Do us all a favour;

- Read this member's posts and you would realise a patch is coming - http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/members/bigantstudios/
- Read this thread, and report anything that needs looking at here - http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...radman-cricket-14-issues-anomalies-88760.html
- Read the manual

Do us all a favour;

- stop posting, we realise you love the developers but some people have issues with the game and don't want to read through hundreds of pages of text.

For anyone struggling with leave button i have a tip for you, just rest your thumps on the edge of the R stick/L stick of the control pad and you will cut near 100% silly bowled/LBW in the game. It takes a little while for it to feel better but god it works.

----------

To me, not allowing even a quick pop up radar (for 3-4 secs) is a little on the unusual side. Even Fifa players can have it (and yeah it's not realistic there either). I find looking through the players eyes with L2 a little on the straining my eyes side too. Sometimes you miss a couple of them, because the frame rate and view is just not the same as real life. In real life you'd see them and instantly remember where most are. In this, it's so much harder.

A game with as much customisation as this gives a huge amount of freedom, but it's almost like the field radar is a disliked idea by the guys at Big Ant. I can understand just having it up there all the time ruining things a bit and people just cherry picking gaps and shots all the time, although this wouldn't happen with a quick peek for 3 secs etc.

----------

Sounds like an idea. :yes

My view on a radar is mixed, if they don't put one in i am ok with it but if they do then a disappearing one at the start of a ball would be fine. Just 2 or 3 seconds.

He doesn't need to read through hundreds of pages of text. He can just read Ross' posts to get an idea of what is being looked at and included in the first patch.

I realise that you really want to stick with the whole 'I suck up to the developer' narrative, but it really doesn't hold up given I've also posted criticism of the game in recent days. Hell, I was the one that first posted about the Career mode glitch.

It is easier for the Big Ant team, moderators on here, and all members, for everything to be confined to the threads they're supposed to be in, instead of shit being sprawled all over the front page. Big Ant have specifically requested for any issues to be posted in the requested template, because it makes it easier for them to deal with.

Do us all a favour;

- Read this member's posts and you would realise a patch is coming - http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/members/bigantstudios/
- Read this thread, and report anything that needs looking at here - http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...radman-cricket-14-issues-anomalies-88760.html
- Read the manual

Snowy, it's quite simple...nothing I posted will you find answers for in the manual. You cannot tell me the game is flawless and I will post my concerns wherever and whenever. Fix the game

You can find out how to call powerplays in the manual.

And you can also post this stuff in the correct thread instead of making a new thread every time you have a new thought.

Threads are stickied for a reason.

I dont have the game yet, so you can make of this what you will. I doubt I will be bothered by the lack radar but I did think of something I thought would be a decent medium.

A fading "radar". Both from your position in the middle out to the boundary and over time.

So for example I walk out to the crease, I have no radar. I have to stop and take a look around the field and get a solid feel for the fielders in the inner ring, but for those further out its not that easy to see the fielders and work out an exact position.

So then it would very easy to make out the real close in fielders and being to fade out from there.

Using this example clicky

• Everything in the black ring would be very solid on the radar
  • Inside the white would be pretty solid, but not 100%
  • Outside the white ring would be fading pretty quickly and not 100% on the position but relatively close.

As I bat, it begins to fade away so even the fielders in the inner ring are harder to distinguish on the "radar".

You also don't get warned of fielding changes on the radar (I would assume it does pop up in commentary), so it encourages looking atleast once an over.

Not sure how feasible that is, or even if people would like the idea, but it came to mind and I figured sharing is better than not!

For anyone struggling with leave button i have a tip for you, just rest your thumps on the edge of the R stick/L stick of the control pad and you will cut near 100% silly bowled/LBW in the game. It takes a little while for it to feel better but god it works.

----------

My view on a radar is mixed, if they don't put one in i am ok with it but if they do then a disappearing one at the start of a ball would be fine. Just 2 or 3 seconds.

Thanks for that, although I've been doing that and it cuts them down, doesn't eliminate them for me.

Also, having to be so gentle with the right stick in that regard, does go against feeling like your hitting the ball, it makes you feel more like you're trying to tap in a short golf putt. :p

Thanks for that, although I've been doing that and it cuts them down, doesn't eliminate them for me.

Also, having to be so gentle with the right stick in that regard, does go against feeling like your hitting the ball, it makes you feel more like you're trying to tap in a short golf putt. :p

Yes i understand hitting down or up hard feels better but you can still do this if you rest both thumps under the top of the sticks. I am 100% going down(little left or right) and maybe 85%(Have not trained myself to rest under the bottom of the sticks yet) going up. If i play a cut shot being a right handed batsmen and push up or down on the left stick and try to hit late to third man area i still do it. My weakest area in the game.

I have not been out leaving the ball for 5 days or so.:thumbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread