Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...no that's not true. It works entirely based on the on-disc ratings.

Well, he definitely said it several times, I was assuming it was true :)

If you do, or do not, download teams from the Academy, your gameplay experience will be *exactly* the same for your player.

If you download from the Academy, the players around you will be replaced in name and appearance only based on their order in the roster not their initials. This will seem odd to see what you know as a spin bowler become pace etc.. however you cannot play as them in career mode anyway - your experience is no different.

But maybe things have changed since then.

Or maybe I've misunderstood. People have been mentioning the fact lower-order batsman are getting lots of runs while high-order batsman have been getting out cheaply and bowling since the start, so I assumed that was the same thing as the linking bug.

This has been discussed countless times in the other threads. It's getting fixed. Why does it need a new thread? It's getting extremely annoying that every train of thought seems to be getting a thread these days

That is the linking bug. The linking bug occurs when you deviate from the on-disc roster, or the exact equivalent of the on-disc roster. You should be able to link players individually, keeping the integrity of the on-disc roster, and face no issues.

They're only 'higher order batsmen' because that's where the name appears in the batting order, when in reality, they could have the skills of a bowler in career mode. All the players have the same attributes whether you've used Get Best or not, the problem is the name/face is getting linked to the wrong set of attributes.

If you don't change anything, and only use the on-disc rosters with fake names, then you won't face any issues. The best bowlers will bowl, and the best batsmen should score runs.

Last edited:
Ah. So Ross was slightly wrong then; it does change the gameplay experience. That makes sense.

(But I wasn't wrong, Ross did say it :P)

It depends on how you interpret what Ross says. The gameplay experience isn't impacted upon in the fact that the attributes of the players are the same for everyone. It is impacted in the sense that having 10s and 11s score big runs isn't a great experience.

Nope my settings are all factory I have not changed the team's in anyway but George bayly and Chris rogers opening the bowling and harris and siddel get 2 overs each what's going on guys

Then how do you have George Bailey bowling if you have it as 'factory settings'? Give us the exact names of the players bowling.

Last edited:
After 4 days of gameplay I finally realize how pathetic this game is.
There is not a single match which I haven't won. Such an easy game at every difficulty level. I have been mostly playing T10 and the opposition hardly scores 26 runs.
Let me tell you the trick, place one fielder on mid on and another on mid off, select a fast bowler and bowl full length deliveries. The whole opposition will foolishly get run out under 20 runs. Every batsman will drive the bowl to mid on or mid off and though there is not a single chance of any run yet he'll try to get that run and he ll get out every time.

Agreed @NoLeName... I'm going to hibernation for a while I think...

After 4 days of gameplay I finally realize how pathetic this game is.
There is not a single match which I haven't won. Such an easy game at every difficulty level. I have been mostly playing T10 and the opposition hardly scores 26 runs.
Let me tell you the trick, place one fielder on mid on and another on mid off, select a fast bowler and bowl full length deliveries. The whole opposition will foolishly get run out under 20 runs. Every batsman will drive the bowl to mid on or mid off and though there is not a single chance of any run yet he'll try to get that run and he ll get out every time.

Right you only play T10 and mark the game pathetic good job mate. :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

P.S. How many T10 matches you have seen played on the cricket field ?? and how would you like AI to react to them ???

Only if people just read the thread for issues and save themselves some embarrassment. Just encountered one who is mostly playing T10 and labeling the game crap on every mode because AI got run out.

Mode: Career
Match Type: All types
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): All
Ground: Unknown
Teams: Unknown
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue:In Career mode....When I bat the AI only uses the field that I have created and not any other field set....But for the other batsman they set different field set according to the situation....

Today it is fine after a few overs...:yes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread