Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you could just wait for the CONFIRMED patch... on a side note, this has actually never happened to me, I have not been run out or stumped once...

Or I could give my feedback?

Avoid playing cut ot and press o as soon as you miss a delivery from spinner.

I press B and the batsman walks out of his crease but if I don't press B he stands out of his ground. I'm not playing cut shots a lot of these are drives I'm missing.

Just a suggestion for the difficulty settings, can you make it so I can have one difficulty for batting and another for bowling? So I could bowl to "pro" batsmen but bat against "amateur" bowlers as I'm able to bowl teams out under 100 Easley but I haven't yet cracked a 200 score batting

Same has happened to me also, i am yet to score over 60 runs on Pro in a T10. Even though CPU scores around 100.

However, i think the batting will be made more fair when they patch the game and fix a few bugs, such as AI fielders, and give us the option to see a field radar.

Ross has confirmed that field radar is unlikely and is not part of the first patch.

Wait. I just had the CPU refer a not out to DRS for lbw. It pitched in line, hit inline but impact was umpires call....I was given out. What the? Am I misunderstanding the fundamentals of DRS? Or have a found a glitch?

Ross has confirmed that field radar is unlikely and is not part of the first patch.

what really? when?

Its fine if its not part of the first patch, as i understand it could take a few weeks to get it ready. But do you mean Ross said that there will be no field radar at all even in the future? Thats terrible if true!

Ross, please can you confirm?

Now I've been run out after diving to my crease to avoid not sliding my bat, player got up and was out of his ground and I get run out. When is the patch released fixing this stuff because I can't play the game with these issues.

what really? when?

Its fine if its not part of the first patch, as i understand it could take a few weeks to get it ready. But do you mean Ross said that there will be no field radar at all even in the future? Thats terrible if true!

Ross, please can you confirm?
No, it's great. I want to look around the field and pick the gaps, not automatically know where every fielder is. Plus I much prefer the minimal HUD approach.

IF a radar was added, an option to turn off like bowling HUD.

But agreed, love the lack of radar.

No, it's great. I want to look around the field and pick the gaps, not automatically know where every fielder is. Plus I much prefer the minimal HUD approach.

Because its great for you that doesn't mean its great for everyone. Id rather not waste my time holding down a button and looking around, when i could rather spend that time playing against more balls.

This is why i mentioned it needs to be there as an optional HUD element.

Not sure if this an issue but when i am playing online i do not have the bowling indicator in the top left corner it comes up in casual and career but not sure where to enanle it for online please help :(

Thanks dude. But it is not happening with any other game and i was able to play casual matches with out any issues. Only happening while i try to save the career mode, start a new career mode and in online mode. Any other thoughts ?

If you can;

1 try and delete all the game data of a previously owned game; this will
a) free hard disk space

2 try and save dbc 14 in career mode again

If that doesn't help; create another thread and ask other people for help; or maybe someone from bigant can solve this for you

Last edited:
Because its great for you that doesn't mean its great for everyone. Id rather not waste my time holding down a button and looking around, when i could rather spend that time playing against more balls.

This is why i mentioned it needs to be there as an optional HUD element.

If they added a fielding radar, pretty much everyone would use it. It makes it far easier and is an advantage for the player.

Just because you disagree with a new design approach it doesn't "need to be there". I'd like a pitch marker too*, because I keep getting bowled in the nets. How about we take a step backwards everywhere?

*I don't. I hate them.

One other question, is this game 4 player local play like Ashes Cricket 2013 was?

That was one of the best party features of the game, as 4 of us would play at the same time. 2 players batting, and 2 on a rotational bowling side (1 bowling, 1 fielding).

I have not been able to test it out yet as haven't had people come over yet with there pads but would like to know for the future? If its not supported could you please add this fundamental functionality.

Match: T10, T20
Mode: Friendly Match
Over count: At the end
Ground: All grounds
Issue: In a T10,T20 match when the match has ended with both teams on the same score, a Super Over should be played!!! This does not happen. Instead it chooses a winner and says "WON ON COUNTBACK". Please give us the option to play the super over instead of Countback, as it makes the match much more interesting!

Don't have the game yet but is this not adjustable in the competition editor settings?

Don't have the game yet but is this not adjustable in the competition editor settings?

I checked the competition editor for the T20 matches and it was already set to play a super over on a draw, however this does not occur.

----------

If they added a fielding radar, pretty much everyone would use it. It makes it far easier and is an advantage for the player.

Just because you disagree with a new design approach it doesn't "need to be there". I'd like a pitch marker too*, because I keep getting bowled in the nets. How about we take a step backwards everywhere?

*I don't. I hate them.

How is that an unfair advantage? The CPU already knows where all the fielders are! The player needs to know to make the match fair! Anyway, its not any different then having to look around. The result for both methods is the same (ie. you know where the fielders are) just the method of finding where they are is different, so how is that backwards or an unfair advantage? What you are saying doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread