Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bug or anything,,,just a clarity seeking question...

We make fielding kit and batting kit,,,however, the bowlers use/bowl with glasses, can there be a bowling kit where we don't fit them with glasses and can go back to wearing glasses after they bowl. I had to go back and remove glasses from players who do bowl in my team, and would like them to keep them during fielding

Thanks

Very important, i got the game on xbox & updated the teams but now when i turn off the xbox & play the game again all the saved data is gone & it tells me to update the game again basically it deletes all my profile data. Its annoying update me on this. Thanks

Mode: Career
Match Type: All
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): Any
Ground: Any
Teams: Any
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue:

(Against spinners)
If AI plays a sweep shot and I also play a sweep shot within the same over I get the Sweep Shot XP points for playing two sweep shots within the same over.

Mode : Online T20
Diff: Default
Get best : yes (all side slightly altered)
Team : New Zealand All Time XI
Role : Batsman
Description of fault: After one ball (missed and there was an unsuccessful appeal) there was a quick flash of "black screen" and then after I hit the second ball away the game froze at 0.2 overs.

Mode:Career
Match Type:FC
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):N/A
Ground:N/A
Teams:N/A
Get Best:No
Description of Issue:My Career mode is not saving, i setup my career player and played the first match successfully.However after the first match, the screen hangs at loading files and i had to manually shut the game down. Even it is not allowing me to start a new career as the screen just hangs. I tried online as well and even that is not responding.My PS3 is not modded and my game is not pirated (bought it from flipkart). Any suggestions would help. My PS3 ID # vpalaprthi

Attached the screenshot where the game hangs

Try this:

PS3 Fixes: What to do when a PS3 game freezes while loading.

or This at your own risk

PS3 Fixes: What is Safe Mode and how to access it on a PS3.

has anyone else had extremely fast out fielders. i hit a fairly flat ball over sqare leg and the fielder ran from long on to catch it.

Feedback

Hi Ross and any other people from Big Ant listening!

First of all, thank you for such an amazing game, I've waited years and years for a good cricket game. So far this has delivered, yes there are plenty of bugs which have already been mentioned but to be honest i was expecting a bug free game on first turn.

However, there are a few things that need urgent attention at least in my view, these should be treated in order with No.1 being the most important thing that needs fixing for the game to be playable in a better way.

Please add the fielder radar (to help both the bowler and batsmen know where the fielders are). I appreciate you going for a realistic approach with having the batsmen look around, but it just doesn't work in a 2D Plane. Perhaps if the game was in 3D and we then had a real sense of depth we could see all the fielders. But at the moment neither are we given enough time (it times out after a few secs) nor are we able to see the fielders on the boundary (doesn't matter which uniform they are wearing t20, odi or test). I also find it a waste of time having to keep looking.

If people don't want the radar then please add it in the menu to enable or disable it.

Make the fielders miss the stumps more, even throws to the wicket keeper results in direct hit first and then the ball goes to the keeper.

I would also like to see more over throw chances, at the moment it never occurs as the ball is a direct hit 90% of the time and 10% straight to the keeper/fielder. Ive never seen the throw go over or away from the person standing at the stumps.

Tweek the Broadcast camera slightly to an angle more towards a birds eye view, but not obviously fully into it. This is for when I'm batting. I want the same camera angle that is used in Ashes/cricket 2013 game (or whatever the last game was called?!).

Thats all i can think of from the top of my head at the moment, if you could fix these issues in the first patch it would be truly amazing, and would help make the game a lot more playable/better.

Please if you could also remove the Red Circle around the ball when its been played into the field. It looks horrible, also if the ball is rolling across the ground the red circle goes half way through the floor. I have turned off all HUD indicators in the options screen, such as Aerial Marker, Landing Mark and trailing ball. But still the Red circle appears.

The batsmen should react/fall down/get hurt by the ball when it hits them on the body.

In a T10,T20 match when the match has ended with both teams on the same score, a Super Over should be played!!! This does not happen. Instead it chooses a winner and says "WON ON COUNTBACK". Please give us the option to play the super over instead of Countback, as it makes the match much more interesting!

SIDE NOTE:
I have played the game for about 25 hours now or more. Im still to start on career mode. Ive only been playing international matches, friendly and some cups. Nearly all my matches have been either T10s, or T20s.

I started playing on Amateur then found it that i was winning too easily so decided to move up to next level (which i think is Pro?), however since then i haven't been able to win a single match (CPU wins easily) :mad
In batting i can only ever get singles,doubles and the occasional 4. However, i can never seem to hit a 6!! and even 4s can be way to hard to come by. I find my bowling at this level perfect though and even the CPU batting is spot on.

I find that Amateur is too easy and Pro is way to hard. Wish there was a difficulty level in-between the two so that i could play some close matches. :(

----------

has anyone else had extremely fast out fielders. i hit a fairly flat ball over sqare leg and the fielder ran from long on to catch it.

Yes sometimes i find on Pro difficulty level that the ball can stay in the air for ages and then always a fielder comes around to make a catch on the boundary.

Last edited:
Match: every game
Mode: career
Over count: all the time
Ground: most grounds
Issue: stumpings. They're out of hand I just had ANOTHER stumping where my player was in the crease safely, the wicketkeeper has attempted a stumping and missed then my player walks out of his crease and gets stumped. This has no happened a dozen times in my career. How do I upload a video to show this rubbish that keeps happening? This I can not handle it's completely ruining the game for to the point that I might have to give it away. It's every time a spinner comes on I get out this way, I can't just see off spinners in a T20 match

Match: Any
Mode: Any
Over count: 1st Over
Ground: All grounds
Team: Pakistan
Issue: First bowler is always Saeed Ajmal, who is a spinner thats not supposed to bowl until the middle overs. First bowler should be a fast bowler and not him.

Issue: stumpings. They're out of hand I just had ANOTHER stumping where my player was in the crease safely, the wicketkeeper has attempted a stumping and missed then my player walks out of his crease and gets stumped. This has no happened a dozen times in my career. How do I upload a video to show this rubbish that keeps happening? This I can not handle it's completely ruining the game for to the point that I might have to give it away. It's every time a spinner comes on I get out this way, I can't just see off spinners in a T20 match

Or you could just wait for the CONFIRMED patch... on a side note, this has actually never happened to me, I have not been run out or stumped once...

Avoid playing cut ot and press o as soon as you miss a delivery from spinner.

Just a suggestion for the difficulty settings, can you make it so I can have one difficulty for batting and another for bowling? So I could bowl to "pro" batsmen but bat against "amateur" bowlers as I'm able to bowl teams out under 100 Easley but I haven't yet cracked a 200 score batting

Match: T10, T20
Mode: Friendly Match
Over count: At the end
Ground: All grounds
Issue: In a T10,T20 match when the match has ended with both teams on the same score, a Super Over should be played!!! This does not happen. Instead it chooses a winner and says "WON ON COUNTBACK". Please give us the option to play the super over instead of Countback, as it makes the match much more interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread