Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I`m not sure if this classifies as a bug but I`ll go ahead and mention this here. For some reason, the game looked far crisper in the videos and the screenshots but on my Xbox360, there are a lot of jagged lines that seem to appear. Its not my console either. The dashboard looks absolutely crystal clear to me and so do some other games.

Its a shame because according to me the game is pretty good graphically (not FIFA or Top Spin quality but still far better than any other cricket game). Its the tearing and jagged lines that appear on the screen that take a lot away from the graphical experience.

Does the game look better on PS3? Anyone else playing it on Xbox360 facing similar issues? I want to figure out if its just my HDMI output or TV picture settings that is the issue. I have set the resolution to 1080p on my Xbox. I hardly notice any difference between the 1080p and 720p setting on my console. I hope there is a miraculous fix that makes this better.

I`m not sure if this classifies as a bug but I`ll go ahead and mention this here. For some reason, the game looked far crisper in the videos and the screenshots but on my Xbox360, there are a lot of jagged lines that seem to appear. Its not my console either. The dashboard looks absolutely crystal clear to me and so do some other games.

Its a shame because according to me the game is pretty good graphically (not FIFA or Top Spin quality but still far better than any other cricket game). Its the tearing and jagged lines that appear on the screen that take a lot away from the graphical experience.

Does the game look better on PS3? Anyone else playing it on Xbox360 facing similar issues? I want to figure out if its just my HDMI output or TV picture settings that is the issue. I have set the resolution to 1080p on my Xbox. I hardly notice any difference between the 1080p and 720p setting on my console. I hope there is a miraculous fix that makes this better.

I play on 360, also 1080p, I haven't noticed anything like this but I haven't been looking out for it either, good that you mention it, will keep an eye out during my next session.

Ross.... I played Eng vs Aus in test competition. I simulated AI batting for Australia. They made 450 in 90 overs. Not sure why AI is batting at such high run rates even in simulation mode.

I'm ion xbox and it looks jaggy and the screen tears often. Also drops in fps quite abit noticable when running between wickets and myself and the fielder move real slow then speed up again. The dashboard also looks abit blurish if I bring it up in game too.
I'm on 1080p and other games look fine, just assuming it is the game running at an altered reso in game or something

----------

was maxwell in that team?

Ed cowan is epic aswell, played abit or a notts season and he scores double hundreds every game then takes bucket loads of wickets

Ross: Has the keeper or fielders going through stumps and batsman patched up in this Patch#1?? The bowler seems to know where the stumps ,Batsman and the umpire are...He avoids them very well but WK not so...

Will the stats earned during career for the other players in the same team be added on in the future as it's only adding my players stats when he comes to the crease or coming onto bowl? As i'm playing as my saturday team in career with everyone on 0 for everything as i thought it would add on as they play each game.

another issue noticed, during game play screen goes black where as crowd sound keep coming, for template

Type: One day (any)
Team: Pak Vs Ind
Issue: Screen goes black with crowd noise still on
Action to fix: i did restart the game by XBOX dashboard
Suggested permanent fix: Screen should not be black during gameplay

Mode: Career
Match Type: Test
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): Simulated to Career Player
Ground: Any
Teams: Any
Get Best:
Description of Issue: I was playing the career mode a test between Tamilnadu and India. India was batting first and I am paying in Tamilnadu team and I got out for 15. I wanted to do simulate to career player. While doing simulation Tamilnadu got out and India was batting the second innings but the scorecard screen still showed it as first innings. I checked in couple of other matches as weell. It was still the same.

my worst day in don bard career mode: my career is not showing in the list...any help please

Mode: Career
Match type: Shield/Mercantile Mutual Cup
Ground: Every
Issue: Playing as a right arm leg spin bowler every delivery is being spun in to a right handed batsman or most frustratingly spinning away from the left handed batsman. I bowl all different variety of deliveries, leg break, drift, top spinner etc but it all goes opposite to where it should even when spin and pitch are perfect

I'm experiencing this issue as well but have managed to find a solution of sorts for this. I play on a Samsung Widescreen LED TV and at 1080p it looks very pixelated. I have had to change the Xbox resolution down to 1360 x 768 and it looks much smoother and frame rate appear to be better (less screen tearing possibly due to the lower resolution / refresh rate). My tip would be to try a few different resolutions depending on your TV / Display output device and see what works best.

I'm going to pickup the PC version when it is out on Steam as well, as PC gaming has spoilt me in terms of resolutions, when compared to playing the Cricket Academy nets practise session on PC vs. the Xbox version, the PC resolution beats it hands down.

No doubt about it in my mind, game has a few issues but is by and far the best and most intuitive cricket game ever. Thanks to @Ross and BigAnt for creating this fantastic game. Feel like I've been waiting all my life for a cricket game like this. I'm hoping that DB14 will be a huge commercial success, and best of luck on all future endeavours.

my worst day in don bard career mode: my career is not showing in the list...any help please

If you're on the 360 maybe you haven't loaded your profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread