Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ball teleporting to hand thing doesn't worry me in online. I just wait until I'm sure there's a run. I just had a t10 thriller. He got 89-5 and I got 90-9 in the last over after being 50-7. It was great but my biggest issue was the fact that both of us bowled 60mph because we didn't know when to release it.

Mode: Online
Match type: t10
Over count: About 3 overs in first innings
Ground: Pretoria something
Teams: England (mrdconnors CG) vs South Africa (don't know, wrong names)
Get best: no
Description of Issue: opposition batsmen plays a cut shot, the ball goes along the ground to the fielder. Batsmen sets off, given out as caught, despite it bouncing about 5 times.

Issue 2:
Mode: online
Match type: t10
Over count: 0.3 overs, first innings
Ground: Pretoria something
Teams: ENG (blocker's CG) vs SA (don't know)
Get best: no
Description of issue: massive edge to keeper. Umpire gives it not out. I review, huge hotspot and snicko, remains not out.

Mode: Career
Match type: Pro40
Over count: every
Ground: every
Teams: Somerset vs ...
Get best: no (default)
Description of issue:
Somerset always play in white first class kit during pro40. Every other team wears their normal one day colours.

Is the run out "glitch" a glitch or just careless players who aren't careful enough. After 70+ innings, I had initial issues with not getting back in to the crease quick enough but since then... nothing. Watching the AI bat and the type of shot they play should automatically tell the player to get back to the crease, just like real like stuff. Can't just put the controller down for a trip to the fridge whilst in the middle of an innings.

That said, fielders and bowlers are still quite remarkable with their skills and Olympian-like sprint times, haha.

Na I have it where I've cancelled a run and the player who is a foot out of the crease run in a big circle then tried to go back. He could have just put his bat back in the crease. I've also see it happen a lot where even when you go for a single he runs horizontal across the pitch then starts to run towards the other end.

I must just be really crap at this game, I've scored no more than 12 runs with a single batsman on PRO mode, it feels laggy and unresponsive :(

Wish the batting was abit easier.

I must just be really crap at this game, I've scored no more than 12 runs with a single batsman on PRO mode, it feels laggy and unresponsive :(

Wish the batting was abit easier.

Bat all the way in frobt of your stumps and try to play everything front foot and to the leg side.

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how to change the batting order during a match, for example to get a pinch hitter in to up the run rate, etc?

Mode: Career
Match type: t20
Over count: 8.1
Ground: Melbourne Stadium
Teams: Sydney 6's vs Brisbane Heat
Get best: Yes
Description of Issue: AI Batsman on strike at the other end (Marcus North) AI bowler clean bowls him, crowd cheers... no cut scene, players don't "appeal" and the umpire doesn't signal no-ball. Goes straight to the next delivery, not a free hit. Batsman pushes for a single...

Why can't this happen when I'm on strike?

Mode: Any
Match type: Any
Over count: Any
Ground: Any
Teams: Any
Get best: no (default)
Description of issue: Picture in Picture of runners, bowlers end, the left line (closest to the centre) appears to represent the crease, but actually does not. It's not until the batsman on the running PIP screen crosses the wicket line that in reality he has crossed the crease. Caused a couple of run outs for me just now until I realised the issue.

-edit-

Actually, it might just be restricted to the time that a batsman is running to the right hand side of the wicket (going from the batsmans eyes). The other side appears to be correct.

Last edited:
How to check field placement during batting?:eek:
Can I simulate career mode player when I do not want to bat/bowl?
Bcoz I have chosen myself as a batsman & on 4 Day match I was put on bowl after few overs... which I dont want to.. can I simulate it :(

Also unable to get the shot direction properly
Any help on this would be helpful :yes

How to check field placement during batting?:eek:
Can I simulate career mode player when I do not want to bat/bowl?
Bcoz I have chosen myself as a batsman & on 4 Day match I was put on bowl after few overs... which I dont want to.. can I simulate it :(

Also unable to get the shot direction properly
Any help on this would be helpful :yes

play your career as a keeper-batsman and you can simulate all the overs in the field.

No you can just simulate when you are the keeper, Left trigger and R stick to look at the field before the bowler runs in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread