Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone had an issue with the "replace all teams" function? I've let it download, and once complete, I go into the competition area to set up a test series, it just locks up, have to reset console.

Imagine my disappointment when I decide to try career again only to find that it's inexplicably not available.
I like Fielding 1 and would want it in career mode - but the selection of cameras seems to be those that keep the focus on your career player, while the cameras you can't use allow you to go off screen more frequently.

Mode: Online
Match type: t10
Over count: overs 1-3
Ground: N/A
Teams: Pak v India
Get best: no
Description of Issue:Bowling and i hit the batsmen umpire calls wide this happened many times during the game.

I like Fielding 1 and would want it in career mode - but the selection of cameras seems to be those that keep the focus on your career player, while the cameras you can't use allow you to go off screen more frequently.

Perhaps that was the reasoning. It's a mistake though. The others are all pretty terrible for assessing the viability of runs.

The amount of ai run outs is quickly rising up my list of most annoying things too. In casual games I just don't return the ball when they take silly runs. But in career obviously my team delights in running people out which ruins the balance. I had 6 run outs last innings and I bowled the other 4 with leg breaks. ..

Like the crazy guy was saying yesterday, the ai thinks that a ball hit to a fielder just inside the circle is worth a run, but it never is always results in a run out.

A general concern in all modes:

When going for a run out and the bowler/keeper collects the ball it takes them far too long to take the bails off. The bowler also winds up standing in front of the stumps far too often.

This is of particular concern if the coming patch significantly reduces direct hits as the batsman can often run 1/4 of the pitch in the time it takes for the bowler/keeper collect the ball and take off the bails.

Match type:
Over count:
Teams:
Get best: yes
Description of Issue: "unable to join the session" when i try to join a game. I thought the player is refusing to join, but today i sent invitation to a friend and he can't able to join in and
same with me.

Match type: T10
Over count:
Ground:
Teams: randomly happens with any team
Description of Issue:
- Sometimes i clean bowled the opponent but umpire not giving out and they move to next delivery.
- bowled some good length delivery, umpire signals as bouncer.
- bowled wide to leg side, hits the player still called as wide.

Geez, the canceling of run & batman not bothered to slide in, which is already mentioned before, is just haunting my player. Not a game breaker, but definitely frustrating when it goes beyond a point. :(

Geez, the canceling of run & batman not bothered to slide in, which is already mentioned before, is just haunting my player. Not a game breaker, but definitely frustrating when it goes beyond a point. :(

2-3 runouts every inning that way... kinda mess up all the effort

Mode: Career
Match type: all
Over count: n/a
Ground: All
Teams: Hampshire
Description: Michael Carberry opens the bowling. Can you fix this please.

Mode: Career bowling
Match type: all
Over count: n/a
Ground: All
Teams: All
Description of Issue: slips are redundant as the batsman either nail it or completely miss. I edge a lot when I bat but the AI hardly ever. Wondered if you could do something about it.

Fielding also an issue. Not sure how to catch off own bowling and they hit the stumps far too often. Some dodgy AI running between wickets also. Seem to get a few run outs in innings.

2-3 runouts every inning that way... kinda mess up all the effort

I was on career mode, have got out in that way when I was in mid 20s trying to settle down & it already happened thrice since last night. Yeah it messes up all the efforts.

I was on career mode, have got out in that way when I was in mid 20s trying to settle down & it already happened thrice since last night. Yeah it messes up all the efforts.

hope thats all taken care of with the upcoming patch! hvnt started the career mode yet, waiting for the patch

Match type: t10
Over count: overs 1-3
Teams: Pak v India
Get best: no
Description of Issue:Bowling and i hit the batsmen umpire calls wide this happened many times during the game.

I dont think its a bug or something.Umpire may get nervous in an indo-pak clash.Try with other teams.

hope thats all taken care of with the upcoming patch! hvnt started the career mode yet, waiting for the patch

If you aren't on career mode then change running camera to fielding 1.

It's so much better to judge runs. Doesn't fix the bug, but means you hardly ever experience i.

If you aren't on career mode then change running camera to fielding 1.

It's so much better to judge runs. Doesn't fix the bug, but means you hardly ever experience i.

am referring to the run out which occurs when the non-striker tries to get back in the crease like a lazy pig and the bowler hits the wkts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread