Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
am referring to the run out which occurs when the non-striker tries to get back in the crease like a lazy pig and the bowler hits the wkts!

I know.

But the only reason he's doing that is because you called for a stupid run and then cancelled it. When you use that camera its obvious when you can and can't run so you won't make so many mistakes.

I know.

But the only reason he's doing that is because you called for a stupid run and then cancelled it. When you use that camera its obvious when you can and can't run so you won't make so many mistakes.

Have you played the game? Players auto walk down the pitch and sometimes when you call no run they either stop before getting into the crease or just stand there with the bowler behind them. Anyway it's meant to be fixed in the patch

I saw this mentioned awhile back but I've also had Phantom fielders appear today. I will check the field noone at mid off, bowler runs in still noone at mid off, I play a drive caught by a fielder at short mid off who wasn't there during the delivery. I thought it had happened to me in the deep before but put it down to me just missing seeing someone but it's happened twice at short midd off today which is hard to miss and visible during the run up

Last edited:
Career mode

Hi Big Ant,

This is not really a proper issue or fault, but a request. Could you please review the career mode difficulty level settings?

Basically I bought the game looking forward in particular to the career mode and don't really play any other mode or go online.

I don't get the time to play the game regularly enough to master the game enough to play at pro level and above and therefore find it frustrating and not very enjoyable playing the game at the moment. (I only get on my ps3 for a couple of hours per week and therefore don't take gaming too seriously)

I appreciate that BigAnt are trying to make the game as realistic as possible, but some of us like to play the game in order to escape reality and enjoy not having to use our brains too much by casually playing on easy mode. (I.e rookie or amateur)

I also understand that the game is a bit harder as points are gained towards an online leader board. Therefore as a suggestion, could you please allow career mode to be played at a easier level with a punishment being that you cannot score leaderboard points during career mode at the lower levels?

I also understand that some people think that the game should be hard and realistic, but those people do (and should quite rightly) have the option to play the game at a higher level. But there should also be an option for the few of us that don't want to take the game that seriously to play the game at an easier level.

Regards,

Michael

Last edited:
Have you played the game? Players auto walk down the pitch and sometimes when you call no run they either stop before getting into the crease or just stand there with the bowler behind them. Anyway it's meant to be fixed in the patch

Wow, remind me to never offer you any further assistance.

Obviously if you are still being run out 3 times a match despite knowing about that issue you do need help. I haven't been run out for that reason in a long time.

Also, don't mash the cancel run button. It seems to reset the player animation and they can get caught with a foot in the air over the crease etc

match ending

Twice this has happened now in career during a domestic shield match the game has ended around 4pm saying Match Drawn and has left me needing about 20 runs to win

Any chance of fixing the issue of run outs occurring if a set of broken stumps are hit again? Bit of a pain

Wow, remind me to never offer you any further assistance.

Obviously if you are still being run out 3 times a match despite knowing about that issue you do need help. I haven't been run out for that reason in a long time.

Are you thick? I'm mentioning the fact that there is a run out bug that doesn't require you to call for a run. It isn't as common as the other ones but that is why some people are still talking about it because regardless of your input you get run out by your player/ai getting stuck after they auto back up and don't return to the crease properly when no run is called

Hi Big Ant,

This is not really a proper issue or fault, but a request. Could you please review the career mode difficulty level settings?

Basically I bought the game looking forward in particular to the career mode and don't really play any other mode or go online.

I don't get the time to play the game regularly enough to master the game enough to play at pro level and above and therefore find it frustrating and not very enjoyable playing the game at the moment. (I only get on my ps3 for a couple of hours per week and therefore don't take gaming too seriously)

I appreciate that BigAnt are trying to make the game as realistic as possible, but some of us like to play the game in order to escape reality and enjoy not having to use our brains too much by casually playing on easy mode. (I.e rookie or amateur)

I also understand that the game is a bit harder as points are gained towards an online leader board. Therefore as a suggestion, could you please allow career mode to be played at a easier level with a punishment being that you cannot score leaderboard points during career mode at the lower levels?

I also understand that some people think that the game should be hard and realistic, but those people do (and should quite rightly) have the option to play the game at a higher level. But there should also be an option for the few of us that don't want to take the game that seriously to play the game at an easier level.

Regards,

Michael

Thanks Michael.

Our history, since the first game we ever made, was listening to the community, especially people like yourself, and admitting mistakes and fixing them as much as we can, and seeing good ideas and trying to implement them.

We are working through what we can do to make the career mode more accessible without effecting those that enjoy the challenge as it is (minus bug fixes :) )

There are at least two patches in the works, I think you will be happy with the second one for sure.

why can't we control just one team for a tournament??

I reckon this is a good thing, one thing i used to hate about Cricket 07 was some of the random and unrealistic team selections by CPU at lease now you can pick the CPU's team and batting order so it replicates real life line-ups.

You can always sim the other games your team is not involved in, not much of an issue.

I have a problem when I have to replace all teams to get the best every 1 or 2 days I know it only takes bout 4 mins but it adds up. Anyone else got this problem , I'm on xbox 360.:cheers

Thanks Michael.

Our history, since the first game we ever made, was listening to the community, especially people like yourself, and admitting mistakes and fixing them as much as we can, and seeing good ideas and trying to implement them.

We are working through what we can do to make the career mode more accessible without effecting those that enjoy the challenge as it is (minus bug fixes :) )

There are at least two patches in the works, I think you will be happy with the second one for sure.

Will we have to restart career mode for each of these patches though? @BigAntStudios

Will we have to restart career mode for each of these patches though? @BigAntStudios

The first one certainly as it changes the players roles and attributes.

The second one likely as there will be new options at the start if the career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread