Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BigAntStudios, when the patch for Career mode comes, would it fix the bugs in career mode and allow us to continue our career which we would have played by that time or we have to start a new career then? Please let us know so that we can decide whether it is worth investing hours into career mode or not.

They won't know the answer to that until any patch is released.

It's not as simple as ticking a box saying yes make it save game compatible, or no don't make it compatible.

Running between the wickets

Mode: Career
Match Type: T20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 2.1
Ground: dont remeber
Teams: Derby
Get Best:?
Description of Issue:

Took a run, I was safely in and so was my partner (AI). But after diving and having made to the crease the AI got up and his bat was no longer grounded and was declared out as the ball hit the stumps.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 52
100% correct. That's why we do not have a continue, we know that we can't stop cheating but we shouldn't encourage it either.

Do people realize there are almost no sports games out there that have a save and continue function? Don't get me wrong, I used to abuse the flip out of it in IC10, but Big Ant aren't the first developer to do this.

Game doesn't allow me to change the field when the opponent gets a free hit.

Because that's what the law is.

Do people realize there are almost no sports games out there that have a save and continue function? Don't get me wrong, I used to abuse the flip out of it in IC10, but Big Ant aren't the first developer to do this.

No/most other sports games don't take several hours to complete one match.

Agreed, but again, I'll tell you from experience most people will just keep saving so they can slog without consequence, which in the long term can sour the overall game experience. I can totally see why developers do this and why Big Ant have done this.

I'm at work now and will be picking the game up at lunch time, are you saying that during a test match you can't save and then continue later? I agree with you here, other games don't let you do this for good reason but if you can't save/continue in a test match that takes hours to play that could be annoying.

Agreed, but again, I'll tell you from experience most people will just keep saving so they can slog without consequence, which in the long term can sour the overall game experience. I can totally see why developers do this and why Big Ant have done this.

I've come round to this since it was first mentioned. I'm ashamed to admit I would often quit without saving and load it again on IC10 and AC09 (mainly when my created player got out slogging). The fact that this is now prevented is a plus and is a nice why to improve the experience.

I feel sorry for the people who get power cuts or have a dodgy console though.

I've come round to this since it was first mentioned. I'm ashamed to admit I would often quit without saving and load it again on IC10 and AC09 (mainly when my created player got out slogging). The fact that this is now prevented is a plus and is a nice why to improve the experience.

Yea it can be good and bad. Id like to be able to play half a test match but if the option was there when i get out in the 90s i might just be tempted...maybe save at the end of an innings? Its a toughy

----------

You can save and quit - there's no issue.

Can you really?

I did this last night in IC10. Several times. Shamelessly.

It really isn't an issue at all even for people who lose power constantly. When you feel like you've put a lot of effort into a match and you wouldn't like to lose that effort, save and quit, and then load the save file again. Depending on how simple the menus are, this doesn't take much time/effort at all.

----------

Can you really?

The way I understand it, people aren't complaining that you can't save at all, but that you can't save without exiting to the main menu. If you wanted to save when you batsman is in the 90s, then save and quit, and load the save file again.

I have noticed this many times, when the fielder throws the ball to the bowlers end, it bounces some 5 to 6 times before reaching the player collecting the ball at the wicket which is a bit awkward to see.... we can see this happen at 12:11 in this video:

Don Bradman Cricket 14 online multiplayer gameplay part 2 [HD] - YouTube

I guess that has something to do with the attributes of fielders, as in how effective is their can throw. Because in some videos I've also seen fielders throwing directly to keeper from outfield without a bounce.

Thanks @nightprowler

Also can you start a career with the on disk teams then download the CA teams without affecting the career?

I guess that has something to do with the attributes of fielders, as in how effective is their can throw. Because in some videos I've also seen fielders throwing directly to keeper from outfield without a bounce.

If it is the user that is fielding, then it also depends on how long they hold down the throw button for. If you just tap it, it will be a weak through and basically roll in. If you hold it for as long as possible, it has a far far greater chance of reaching on the full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread