Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
75% of my sweep shots go directly into the midriff of the short leg, although fortunately he's never caught me. This seems unaffected by difficulty or batsman skill level...

Is there a technique to hitting sweeps on the ground? I'm using the unconventional modifier, front foot and pushing the right stick to the left. Adding the triggers doesn't seem to help.

With that control combination you just said, a left or right handed batsman? I'm assuming a lefty?

We have found an online bug that occurs when there is a few slow or dropped packets at the start of a game the system then averages the expected speed and this causes issues for a few minutes thereafter but then is fine. This was identified prior to patch#1 and is fixed.

Only thing I've seen so far that "bugs" me, is that every fielder seems to pick up and throw with their left hand when fielding. Not a major issue but something that I've noticed a lot as my player in career when fielding. I assume this is due to the motion capture being done on a lefty but just thought I'd mention it

I'm not sure if it's been said so far but I couldn't find it, but when I play in career mode, they only use like part-time bowlers to bowl, and never the proper bowlers. So if I play Australia they open with David Warner and Michael Clarke for example, and the actual bowlers would get maybe 2 overs max in a match. Is there a way to fix this?

right hander, trying to do a 'normal' sweep shot to leg

Assuming you're using the default behind the batsman view, with a right hander, holding down unconventional shot modifier and pushing the front foot down and the right stick to the left, you should be performing a normal sweep.

I'd guess with timing it'd ordinarily be played a little late, but in the manual for unconventional shots it says to play then a little earlier than you normally would "to be ready for them" or something a bit like that.

I've only recently started trying the unconventional shots and the sweep has played okay for me, although I've found it mostly playing in front of square a lot. I could be early on it I guess.

We have found an online bug that occurs when there is a few slow or dropped packets at the start of a game the system then averages the expected speed and this causes issues for a few minutes thereafter but then is fine. This was identified prior to patch#1 and is fixed.

Ross, have you looked at the online gameplay video put up by @St0ney at the following post? Are all those issues due to the bug you identified and will all of those be fixed by the patch?

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/don-bradman-cricket-14-forum/online-89138-2.html#post2741974

Last edited by a moderator:
This sits firmly on the 'anomalies' side of things - I noticed using the Ink and Gotham filters that the sky is still noticeably blue. The Sepia filter seems to work on the sky, but it doesn't really do the same to the others.

In the Gotham filter it makes a really nice effect, so maybe that's deliberate - but for Ink, which makes the rest of it totally black and white, it stands out a bit.

HT7Zk4G.jpg

KB32h3S.jpg

As a request with an extremely low priority - and indeed probably something I'd just attempt to make myself once I can poke at the relevant files on the PC version - 'of the era' hud to go with the various filters (like this and this perhaps?) - the modern graphics and full colour logos clash a lot when you're playing a match in black and white.

In two of the last three casual games I've played against another human.
Both created match type games.

A no-ball is bowled, the commentators mention a free hit, the player hits out and then gets out caught. Have seen it 2-3 times in maybe 6 or 7 games and 2 out of the last 3 played.

Oh, this one.

This is so annoying. Can we please somehow push this onto the patch?

Mode: Career Mode
Match Type: County 4 days, English County
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 6.1
Ground: Don't remember, posted a video clipping
Teams: Glamorgan( My players' team, I was on non striker end )
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue:

When AI was bowling( with me standing in non striker's end ), system gets into infinite loop with no response when bowler managed to hit the bails off near umpire's end while bowling runner up. There was no response from system(AI) but wicket keeper, batsman, umpires kept moving their hands and leg. I was unable to perform any action(save/exit, replay etc all goes into queue without any response) & I had to forfeit the match to exit out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Online game play: Often playing the reverse sweep gains the batting side a no ball for height, when clearly the ball is no were near shoulder height.

is the constant hitting the stumps by the fielders bug been issued here? cuz thats really annyoyng. also this might not be A BUG issue but can you add smaller size helmets. these helmets are twice as big also would be nice to see the helmet strap tight under the chin not just hanging.

I think it's been well documented that WE LOVE the constant run-out attempts and BigAnt will include a patch that adds more to the gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread