Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you please fix direct hits isssue (request). its really annoying for long duration games. i have one suggestion if you people dont want fix in gameplay coding

make that direct hit option in game options like always, no and random

in always it act like current, in no it should be like turn off the direct hit key i.e triangle and x from gamepad and in random, make the direct hit frequency to 10 or 5%.

as in that way not extra hard word is needed. hopefully u also thinking in other way and better option to direct hit as that also reduces runout compaints.

anyways plz do comment on this thanks :) BigAntStudios

It's already confirmed as included in Patch 1 due in a week or so.

Mode: Online
Match type:
Over count:
Ground: N/A
Teams:
Get best: yes
Description of Issue: "unable to join the session" when i try to join a game. I thought the player is refusing to join, but today i sent invitation to a friend and he can't able to join in and
same with me.

i am the only 1 get this alert ? would like to know what could be the problem

Mode: Competition
Match type: Test
Over count: ~7
Ground: Colombo
Teams: Australia, Afghanistan
Description of Issue: Wicket keeper barges batsmen out of his crease, then stumps him.

...I mean really..?

Mode: Competition
Match type: Test
Over count: ~7
Ground: Colombo
Teams: Australia, Afghanistan
Description of Issue: Wicket keeper barges batsmen out of his crease, then stumps him.

...I mean really..?

happened to me in a career mode too - to a fast bowler! :(

The main issue I've found is with bowling. In my career I am a all rounder batting preference. My style of bowling is finger spin. The reason I bring this up is because about 10 minutes ago, I just completed a 10 wicket innings haul. Not match, innings! This is my players 5th shield game, still first season. There needs to be a patch that makes AI smarter instead of going for balls that are not there to throw everything but the kitchen sink at

Thats a side effect of wicket keeper not passing through batsman!

It's one of those things they've not implemented into the game properly.

One thing I saw was a batsmen run out while getting up having slid in, having grounded a part of his foot before lifting it, subsequently given out as no part was grounded when the wicket was put down. This is, to be blunt, completely and totally wrong by the laws of cricket, and given the difference a wicket can make another huge issue. If a batsmen grounds any part of his feet behind the line, and subsequently is no longer ground while moving continuing to move forward, he cannot be given out.

What's more, a batsmen is entirely within their right to leave the crease to avoid injury, and in cases like this I'd say that unless the player has initiated a run or he was out of his crease from the shot, the game simply shouldn't be able to give players out to avoid this exact issue.

I guess this all comes down to polish, but I do truly hope that they actually notice these two issues before the next patch.

----------

The main issue I've found is with bowling. In my career I am a all rounder batting preference. My style of bowling is finger spin. The reason I bring this up is because about 10 minutes ago, I just completed a 10 wicket innings haul. Not match, innings! This is my players 5th shield game, still first season. There needs to be a patch that makes AI smarter instead of going for balls that are not there to throw everything but the kitchen sink at

This seems to be quite a significant AI issue. They tend to throw everything at the ball, but still not edge it often. They do get out bowled, LBW and caught in the deep, but edges are few and far between despite them throwing the bat hard and often.

This seems to be quite a significant AI issue. They tend to throw everything at the ball, but still not edge it often. They do get out bowled, LBW and caught in the deep, but edges are few and far between despite them throwing the bat hard and often.

I have noticed a lot of others post about the same issue. Never claim to have taken a 10 wicket innings haul. What's worse is that I'm currently on close to 50 wickets in shield games alone

In my opinion one of the most annoying issues so far is when a ball is skied by the batsman, and a fielder can pretty much sprint from deep fine leg to deep forward square to take the catch. Its pretty ridiculous.
I love the fact that fielders can actually run fast in this game, however, the promblem is when the ball is hit high in the air, it just takes too long to come down, and it is unrealistic. The ball is in the air for too long and this allows a fielder, say from long on, to run all the way in to about mid wicket or even square leg on one occasion, to take the catch. Extremely annoying, please fix and i will be a happy man :)
As i said, the problem is the ball has too much hang time in the air

I've only had 5 career wickets but 2 have been caught behind, 1 bowled, 1 stumped and 1 lbw.

I've only had 5 career wickets but 2 have been caught behind, 1 bowled, 1 stumped and 1 lbw.

I've logged about 25 first class matches, and about 70% of the wickets are coming from LBW or bowled, 15% from catches in the deep, 10% run outs and at most 5% from edges of various types. They happen occasionally, but for the number of plays and misses, and for cricket in general, anything under about a third of the total wickets (should be around 40%+ all things considered) is unacceptable.

I've logged about 25 first class matches, and about 70% of the wickets are coming from LBW or bowled, 15% from catches in the deep, 10% run outs and at most 5% from edges of various types. They happen occasionally, but for the number of plays and misses, and for cricket in general, anything under about a third of the total wickets (should be around 40%+ all things considered) is unacceptable.

I've played a season and a half on my bowling all rounder, something like 80fc wickets and I only recall 2 caught behind both bottom edge to keeper as a fast medium. I bowl short on the stumps in swing alot though.

Started playing a leg spin bowler today in the hopes I'd actually see some turn. Has anyone actually gotten noticeable spin? Hadn't really noticed any batting yet but when bowling I can get around 1400rpm perfect everything and the ball goes dead straight on a day 5 worn pitch. Still taking wickets and players seem to misread the ball and get bowled but on the replays the ball just goes dead straight and never seems to turn for me. I've tried aiming at rough spots too but they don't seem to have any effect are they just cosmetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread