Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta 99.94d Available Now

I'm not able to try it at the moment to test this out, but do leaves reset your score if you aren't out? And is the talking pirate still there?

It sounds like a great update regardless.

* Ability to Advance down the wicket and play blocking strokes

* Score system changes, hitting the ball will gain a point, lbw, bowled or edges will cause an "out" and will reset your score

* Report Teams and Players as being incorrectly censored

* Increased frame rate on low powered PC's

* Various bug fixes

Not able to do Point no.1 , please help...

Ross, you homewrecker, I have date with the little lady... your vile temptress ways and academy updates will have to wait. Appropiate "D" code though for Valetines Day.

I demand DRS. I've already been cheated out of two solid steaks (4 and 2) by your shoddy umpiring. Hit outside the line of off stump followed by one going several feet down leg stump. Disgrace.

I demand DRS. I've already been cheated out of two solid steaks (4 and 2) by your shoddy umpiring. Hit outside the line of off stump followed by one going several feet down leg stump. Disgrace.

Chris Gayle?

Played the nets after the update, and here are some points I noticed:

1) Defending the ball (pressing right trigger and playing a shot or coming down the track to defend by moving RAS back) does not increase the score

2) If you 'try to' play an aggressive lofted shot (i.e. press the left trigger and play a shot) it adds 2 points to your score if you connect

3) If you play a shot without any triggers it adds 1 point to the score

4) If you play an aggressive shot along the ground (press Right Trigger + Left Trigger together) it does not add any points to your score (most likely a bug)

5) If you are out you hear an appeal and it resets your score and adds to the counter in brackets which records the number of times you lost your wicket :D!

6) Leaving/missing deliveries do not add anything to your score, nor does it reset your score

7) Game plays mych smoother on my low end pc :)

Overall...an awesome update :thumbs

Last edited:
@angad 5) should be your highest score in this session..... otherwise we wouldn't have enough digits for you Angy :p

One thing I've noticed is that you are given out if you play the ball into your body, even if it goes straight down.

@angad 5) should be your highest score in this session..... otherwise we wouldn't have enough digits for you Angy :p

@angad didn't average 1 after 9 games for nothing! Wait a sec! Was it an average of 1 after 9 innings or a total score of 1 after 9 games? :p

Can anyone show how to defend while advancing in video.....

What's so hard about 'advance button + LS up + RS down'?

Users who are viewing this thread