Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta 99.94d Available Now

Is it just me or does the pitch feels like it has more bounce and pace.

@angad 5) should be your highest score in this session..... otherwise we wouldn't have enough digits for you Angy :p

Hahaha....yeh sorry...that counter in bracket is actually the highest score in the session (I didnt realize that as my highest was 3 with 3 wickets lost :p)

What's so hard about 'advance button + LS up + RS down'?

Shouldn't you press 'advance button' + LS up + RS up as well? RS up would mean you block down the wkt else the ball will roll down back towards the wkt.

Is it just me or does the pitch feels like it has more bounce and pace.

It does :)!

----------

Shouldn't you press 'advance button' + LS up + RS up as well? RS up would mean you block down the wkt else the ball will roll down back towards the wkt.

Nah...the coming down the track and defending controls differ from the other batting controls....so pressing the right bumper and moving RAS back defends the ball while coming down the track!

You never know... ;)

So how much trouble are you in? :P

None because we got it out in time! :yes

Correction, I may be in trouble for something, always am :), but it won't be for having to stay back and get this out.

----------

It does :)!

----------

Nah...the coming down the track and defending controls differ from the other batting controls....so pressing the right bumper and moving RAS back defends the ball while coming down the track!

Yeah, would be too hard to press the trigger + bumper on the same hand.

Last edited:
None because we got it out in time! :yes

----------

Yeah, would be too hard to press the trigger + bumper on the same hand.

I think you should try that. It will also open up loads of other ways to score in future versions. For example, coming down the track and play ground shots (aggressive or simple pushes), coming down the track just to guide the ball behind the stumps or coming down the track and then slog sweeping to spinners etc etc. no one said every shot needs to have the same amount of difficulty. Fifa does it pretty well with difficulty in skill moves going up the fancier you try to get.

I have noticed a new follow through animation after batsmen playing aggressive shots. I do not remember seeing them in any gameplay video on yoututbe. Is this something new you are testing out in CA to get feedback?

@isrararrafi We copied a whole lot of stuff in from the game that hasn't been three before, also the PC version optimisations have come across too.

We have to pick and choose what we bring across because we have limited QA on the CA and to release something that didn't work at this point would be bad for us PR wise, so we take baby steps with it and make subtle changes.

Somebody please help me! I am able to move the batsman but unable to play any strokes. My joystick is working but unable to play strokes. Someone please be kind enough to help me :(

Thanks Ross. Won't be able to try it out right this moment, but can't wait till I get home today.

Somebody please help me! I am able to move the batsman but unable to play any strokes. My joystick is working but unable to play strokes. Someone please be kind enough to help me :(

I have this problem sometimes and I think it might be something to do with MotionJoy and my controller. To fix, I usually just quite CA, test it by clicking on vibration... and then restarting CA.

Users who are viewing this thread