Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta Version 0.99.94b Download

Here is a video I took. Sorry for the crappy graphics....somehow when I started the recorder it screwed up the graphics big time!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can people really play like that? I mean that to both the transparent batsman and bowling camera actually - both look so weird to me, I can't imagine how they actually help matters?

Can people really play like that? I mean that to both the transparent batsman and bowling camera actually - both look so weird to me, I can't imagine how they actually help matters?
Seems like they made the batsman too much transparent. A little bit less would be perfect IMO. Currently it looks as if its ghost of Bradman having a batting session.:p

I find not being able to see the batsman rather more disconcerting that not being able to see the ball for a fraction of a second personally, haha!

Managed to hit Santa about 10 times in my current streak so far and of course the multiplier only goes up to 2 now - I only managed to hit him a couple of times per streak when it could keep going up, haha! Still, England could probably do with a few of them on the outfield at the moment...

Seems like they made the batsman too much transparent. A little bit less would be perfect IMO. Currently it looks as if its ghost of Bradman having a batting session.:p

I like it the way it is. Atleast now I can see how the shot is being played + whether I middled the ball or not. If BA ever plans to change it I hope they put in a slider to choose the transparency level as I just love the current one.

Reverse analog controls for front cam view

Front cam view play is amazing but please give us the option for reversing the analog sticks.....

I really can't wait to be able to watch replays of losing my wicket. I'm convinced that I'm being fooled by the smallest deviations in pace or seam movement, but I don't yet have the joy of being able to watch it back and seeing just how clever the bowling was.

The replays are something I cannot wait for either! I won't be skipping any of them!

The replays are something I cannot wait for either! I won't be skipping any of them!

Hmm...we will see :p

I still feel we should have automatic replays only for boundaries, wickets, edges, play & miss, and other close calls only rather than for each and every delivery.

----------

So they added the animation for ducking under the ball :clap!!!

Makes me wonder if there are more hidden animations in the final game :spy!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The animation was in the last update. I think it only works if you play back and leave the ball, otherwise the ball just hits him.

Last edited:
Really enjoying the update it's getting close to perfection, it's going to be great seeing how the cricket ball reacts on the different wickets, even 30 mins in the nets requires a lot of concentration.

This isn't a request and I feel a tad cheeky for even saying so soon after the update but jeez I want to have a bowl so bad in the nets, even if it was just at the stumps with no batsman.

Cheers for all the hard work Ross and the Big Ant team, wishing you all the best for Christmas and the PC members too plus a DBC filled 2014 :cheers

Absolutely loving this update, its exactly what I've wanted cricket games to be like, I have to say even though its not how the games meant to be played I find it easier with the behind bowler cam,mainly because I control the sticks better pulling down straight as opposed to pushing up squewed, can't invert the controls to counter it in default as it will confuse me when playing square, I shall however, continue to persevere with the default cam as its how the games been developed, its incredibly realistic, I've lost count if how many times I've played a shot and gone"oh no!" As I know I've played down wrong line! There no hidden "outs" like in previous games, I really feel whatever the result of a shot, it was down to me!
Spin is difficult for the first time in a game, and I've only played nets on the default difficulties,the sounds are spot on, and the Santa gave me a chuckle or two, the only critisism i could have is Sir Dons forearms look like Swartzennegers!!! hats off to all involved at big ant, id like to personally thank you for putting the nets out for us to play around with while we wait, at an obvious cost to you both financially and time, even more so with the updates!! Absolutely excellent, can't praise you guys enough, sorry for the rambling( drs put me back on tramadol)!!! Thanks to all at bigant!

This game is good. Real good. Genius even.

My crappy laptop runs the academy at only 10 fps but still I'm having more fun with this than any game I can remember in a long time.

The physics are really mindblowing. Incredible. As for the sound, wow, just wow.

I think once I'm playing it on my ps3 at 30 fps in a real match I may go into meltdown.

Brilliant, brilliant stuff from BigAnt. Hats off to all invloved,a truly magnificent game. Now hurry up and release it!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread