Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta Version 0.99.94b Download

Awesome Job, Ross (@BigAntStudios). :thumbs

Now that we have transparent batsman - can we do away with angling the camera when based on batsman's position (in the close batsman view).

I have been taking stance at the absolute left possible, since I started playing nets and would like to play close to stumps - but the camera angling makes it hard to judge the ball.

Not all will have transparency on so it needs to stay.

While some people like transparency, you can still know where the ball is without it.

Just wanted to say thanks for the updates. Getting the nets in the first place was a bonus but these constant improvements have been a nice surprise :cheers

Oh FFS... there's another update? An ever-constantly improving masterpiece of a beta? Honestly, it's almost like you believe in the product you're producing... or something...

There goes my Christmas Eve.

Yeah while you were hitting on the relo's sleeping we slipped another past you - merry Christmas :)

d) Pace of the ball when playing a fast bowler is awesome. I still feel it would be around 145kmph max and there would be even faster deliveries in the final game (maybe Ross can correct me on this)
)

Problem is, there is very few bowlers above 145k these days so anything higher (especially close to 160) would be hard to believe.

Not sure how fast the fast-medium is but if fast is 145 then fast-medium feels like 120-125, considering a majority of seamers are 130-135 and very few fast I hope it won't feel too pedestrian in game. Fast is good, fast-medium a bit loopy. Maybe I'll just set all the fast-medium's to fast :P

I find setting the length to random is pretty similar to full, nearly everything is a yorker :)

Last edited:
One thing i do like is the camera from the bowling machine so how far the bowl swings from a outswinger or inswinger

Great viwer

I do prefer the close camera from behind the batsman gives better perspective

Sorry to sound stupid, but how do you duck under the ball in this game? I can leave the ball.

Thanks to those who have uploaded videos to YouTube. I really appreciate it, as someone who hasn't downloaded CA or has a controller.

Having seen footage of the behind the bowler camera, while it does look good and the shots look nice from that angle, I personally don't think think that would provide the best gameplay experience. Maybe if I was watching the game or playing with a mate. Though, I haven't played it so I wouldn't it be the best judge of it. At least it is there as an option.

I don't think controls need to change. They're good enough for now.
Also, it would be too late in their dev cycle to change anything.

In the santa versions of the nets I found that the shots seemed to be having a bias towards cover shots when you hold it anywhere close to that region. The first version seemed to be hitting shots more straighter.

Often times I found when I raised the right stick straight up the shot still went cover.

Anyways, the controls are now intuitive to me with behind batsman view and I think the other bowler view has become useless to me. This isn't new because IC10 also had it and I liked it there.
I'll stick with behind batsman. The transparency is a nice touch.

Overall, the nets are definitely giving a good taste of the game. The dev team owes us nothing and neither do we owe them anything but at least this is like a half demo from a gaming era gone by. Hardly anyone does demos these days so anything is a plus.

Hopefully, the game will do well because cricket games are a dearth and I've supported all of them regardless how good/bad they were. Hopefully, piracy won't be a detriment too much. Maybe Steam DRM will mitigate this somewhat but who knows what the financials dictate.

It is quite hard to judge the length from behind the bowler cam. Even with the HUD on it seems the ball is travelling faster and hence less time to react.

It is quite hard to judge the length from behind the bowler cam. Even with the HUD on it seems the ball is travelling faster and hence less time to react.

It's funny israr but I think its easier to play with that camera, simply because the ring around the ball is much bigger on release, haven't tried it without the HUD though if that's what you meant?

Good update thanks BA. Appreciate you guys giving up your time off for us eager punters :).

Apart from all the great improvements, the only thing I'm not a big fan of is that it seems as though you have to play your shot a lot earlier against the spinners. Previously in Pro cam it felt perfect - I played the shot as I would swing the bat in real life and the timing came up as ideal. Now you seem to have to play the shot a lot earlier which doesn't seem as natural. It's especially noticeable against short deliveries that you try to cut or pull.

I also thought that the drift in 99.94a was spot on for a "perfectly" bowled spinner. It would really mess up your footwork, even if the drift was slightly exaggerated. Now it doesn't have as large an impact on footwork, and I guess we will see even less drift from most bowlers as they will not be bowling a "perfect" leggie/offie in terms of spin as the bowling machine reportedly does.

Who knows, it may just be me and nothing has changed with timing vs. spinners. Interested to find out if anyone else feels the same about the timing and the drift?

These are absolutely minor insights but just giving my opinion for the purpose of continual improvement.

Cheers.

Since these shots are play more often than blocks or slogs in cricket match i prefer change controls in "slogs" to ground shots.[/QUOTE said:
True !!! Normally 80% of our shots are ground shots. but with these controls its bit hard to time these shots. i think it'll be better if we can play ground shots only using triggers :).

But ross said it's too late to change controls :(

Users who are viewing this thread