Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta Version 0.99.94b Download

3 balls in, edged behind! :clap

Genuinely struggled with Legend level bowling at first - took some time to get used to to not be bowled every ball, haha!

Don's still running after missing a sweep shot by the way...

Last edited:
Played the updated nets, and here are my findings:

a) The bowler camera looks good however is much much much much x10 less enjoyable than the batting cam (personal opinion).....specially after this update (due to a nice little addition that I would mention in the next point :p)!

b ) You can now make the batsman transparent. Personally, this has improved batting a lot specially when playing with the close batsman cam. You can now view the ball much much better.

c) Somehow batting feels very smooth (I think this happened with the previous update though). The physics seem much better and the way ball behaves now seems much more natural than it did in the first version of nets. Dont know if anything was changed by the BA team for this, but personally everything seems much more smoother now.

d) Pace of the ball when playing a fast bowler is awesome. I still feel it would be around 145kmph max and there would be even faster deliveries in the final game (maybe Ross can correct me on this)

e) If you hit the santa and get a 2X multiplier, you get an additional chance to continue your streak when you miss a ball

f) Batting still feels easier than the first nets when playing on legendary level, but as I said before its much more smoother, so maybe its because of that. You still would get out if you play down the wrong line or dont time it properly.

This is the best batting experience ever in any cricket game (now that it feels better than the first two versions of Nets ;))

Last edited:
Streak century on Average/Legend

Loving this update!! Any prizes for century streaks @Ross? :)

P.S.: My first post on CP! Been a long-time lurker; DB Nets got me out of hiding :p

Attachments

• streak_over100.jpg
    streak_over100.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 26
manage to score only 75 :p

1iir.jpg

Thanks Ross/Bigant for this amazing update so close to Christmas, early present from Santa Ross.;)

Now for the update, I agree with angad this update is by far the best update of the three. The difficulty is just like the first nets but I am better at the game now with hours in the nets. Newbies will find it hard on legend but only for a hour or two.

The controls are top of the ladder and for all the people wanted to play from the bowlers view I must say why why why.

PS Just like angad said early it looks lovely but my best so far on legend is 38 steak but from the bowlers view just 16. WEll it's harder so that's ok I guess.:clap

Merry Christmas to all and thanks again to the Bigant boys, 2014 is going to rock.:D

Wow, just watched Matt's video and this looks to be a superb update.
Just wondering if the transparency is adjustable for close batsman view or will it be same as seen in nets?? Looks to transparent for my liking. I am good either way though. Just wanna if such alterations could be done in the final game.:)
Cheers Ross, for working 2-3 days before Christmas. Efforts appreciated.:)

No worries... Finally starting my Christmas shopping at 2.30am :)

This really is a very good update but i have a problem in it. When i bat from the bowling camera and try to play a shot towards legside it plays it every time toward offside. Don't know anybody else having the problem but that's a serious matter for me Ross. What should i do :noway? Everything else is majestic for sure...

This really is a very good update but i have a problem in it. When i bat from the bowling camera and try to play a shot towards legside it plays it every time toward offside. Don't know anybody else having the problem but that's a serious matter for me Ross. What should i do :noway? Everything else is majestic for sure...

there is an option in controls to invert it when using bowling cam if needed

I really can't wait to be able to watch replays of losing my wicket. I'm convinced that I'm being fooled by the smallest deviations in pace or seam movement, but I don't yet have the joy of being able to watch it back and seeing just how clever the bowling was.

Users who are viewing this thread