Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

Works smooth in high config. :D

Yup, I managed some funny realistic tailender shots. Down the track on the extreme left side o the pitch and swatting bat at a ball outside off stump. ;)

Can we only bat or bowl as well?

You can only bat in the nets.

-

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you could probably bat with a keyboard. It'd be tricky, and you'd have comparatively little control over it all, but you could do it. I may attempt to prove this tomorrow after I've had 16 or so hours worth or fun playing it. From what I know about bowling though, that would be a real struggle.

Last edited:
Ross can you send me a link of this as a torrent or any other download link my shitting internet is slow:noway!!! And sorry for all trouble!:facepalm
And the magic word Please

Someone else posted this torrent:
casetup_099_94.exe - Burnbit

Looks OK and my PC hasn't exploded after installing it.

I haven't actually run it yet though.

Edit

It works fine. Still not used to using the triggers so my best streak is about 8 poorly times shots, but I think the batting will have lasting appeal as long as bowlers aren't all uber McGrath-like in where they land the ball.

Last edited:
Ross: You gave nets session for all those who are able to run the game but what about those suffering from black screen....:(

Ross: You gave nets session for all those who are able to run the game but what about those suffering from black screen....:(

Ross, why have you given me nets to play in but not a black screen, plus how comes I had to go out to buy bread this morning......BA sucks.

Batting is smooth and spot on awesome work, makes waiting for game even harder now.:p

Lol what a difference a day makes.

Yesterday half the people here were complaining, and today everyone is praising big ant again...

Fickle minds.....:p

Yesterday half the people here were complaining, and today everyone is praising big ant again...

Fickle minds.....
I think the mood was reasonable yesterday because of the announcement of nets, or at least among the more sensibly minded of us.

Anyway, by tomorrow the pitchforks will have been relit.

can anyone tell me if we have the option to change the color of the ball from white to red?? i have been struggling sometimes to read the ball as the batsman also wears white :)

edit : cant wait to play the game ... the test match on highest difficulty will surely be a test of the gamers skill in this game :)

Fickle minds.....:p

Not really.. I'm still hacked off that I'll be playing International Cricket 10 this Christmas thanks to a very strange and prematurely hyped release strategy from Big Ant and their publishers.. It annoys me that during the holidays this won't be out, and it will probably conveniently release when I cannot play it, but such is life..

I find it equally bewildering that they worry about the appaling AC13 muddying the waters of the cricket games market, yet they release late, and on previous generation, and they don't seem to be worried about that.

However, it looks like they are making a fantastic game, making the wait even more annoying.. The detail, certainly in the academy and nets are the best I have seen in a sports game, let alone a cricket game. I downloaded the Academy on my ancient laptop, just out of interest, and I'm getting 30FPS in the nets. It is astoundingly well made.

So its glass much more than half full, but this isn't a black and white, Ross is a saint, Ross is evil situation for me.. Simply making a superb cricket game with some annoyances along the way

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread