Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

Don's still trying to play down the leg side by default. I thought it stopped doing it but I've just noticed again. Is anyone else noticing this or is it just me. Could be a controller issue, but I'm not sure. Can't really get another one anyway.

Got to remember in nets shot selection is easier too, no fielders to catch the ball in the nets. Thus far very impressed :)

Don's still trying to play down the leg side by default. I thought it stopped doing it but I've just noticed again. Is anyone else noticing this or is it just me. Could be a controller issue, but I'm not sure. Can't really get another one anyway.
Press the Windows Key + R (or Start > Run on Windows 7) and run joy.cpl - from there select your controller, click the settings tab and run the calibration tool.

Mine was favouring down leg side to as I was using the left analogue stick, started using d pad and that cleared it up, don't know if that will help anyone else.

Love how the up and down arrows on the d pad move him out of his crease or play deep back in the crease really love the details.

Ross can you send me a link of this as a torrent or any other download link my shitting internet is slow:noway!!! And sorry for all trouble!:facepalm
And the magic word Please

Last edited:
This feels really nice, runs surprisingly well on my laptop too. Will there be a demo for the full game? I'd much rather have the game on PC than my 360 but would need to confirm it performs okay first.

Press the Windows Key + R (or Start > Run on Windows 7) and run joy.cpl - from there select your controller, click the settings tab and run the calibration tool.

Nope, he's still doing it. I thought you'd got it there too. I only noticed because I played a beautiful straight drive and then after that he started always going down the leg side again. *sigh* It was definitely fine for a while, I'm sure.

If you have any ideas, please PM me as I'm going to bed now.

Last edited:
Recent events in North Korea have given me a small window of opportunity to get a message out there:

Cricket Academy Nets is brilliant. The sound is second to none, the feel is great and the difficulty is superb.

Glad to see the game runs smooth as silk on my laptop.

This game is going to be the new benchmark in cricket gaming.

Thanks Ross and the team.

Back to the grind: they keep asking questions about my uncle.......good god, I hardly knew the man.

can someone post detailed control mechanism?
BTW my keyboard name XBOX 360 controller plays the game well:lol

Good point. In that case I might just get the stuff to connect Xbox 360 controllers to PC. Too easy.

Looks like the controller you ordered do have analog triggers. Give it a try i say. Logitech controllers quality wis is amazing. I have the wireless rumblepad 2 that i bought 7 years ago and still works perfectly. Build quality is excellent.

----------

Guys, sorry for the interruption when you all are talking about how awesome the game is, but I am not able to play any shot at all! :P It might be something wrong with my gamepad, but it still is working at least (I can leave the bowl :D). Can anyone tell me exactly how you are supposed to play a shot?

I am holding the trigger button (for example, the unorthodox shot or the aggressive shot trigger) then I am moving the left stick (like forwards or backwords for foot movement), holding it there and then I move the right stick, when to ball comes close, to where I need to play the shot. What am I doing wrong?

What controller are you using?

Go to your control panel>devices and printers, select your controller, and test it to see if the triggers and thumbsticks are working. If they are not working, it means you need to install a driver manually.

can someone post detailed control mechanism?
BTW my keyboard name XBOX 360 controller plays the game well:lol

Unable to play with my gamepad...seems like its only compatible to xbox 360 controller which is 3500 bucks in india...

Last edited:
Awesome update. Nets work great on full settings without a problem on my pc. Got adjusted to the new controls quickly. Only premeditation i need to do is the foot selection. I guess in the match I'll be using front foot predominantly in sub continent and backfoot in Australia/west indies.

Does anyone have any tips for playing the quicks? I've got the timing sussed out, but because you do have to play so early I literally premeditate my shot every ball (usually just playing in the V). Are there any little clues as to the line and length of the ball?

----------

Unable to play with my gamepad...seems like its only compatible to xbox 360 controller which is 3500 bucks in india...

I got my game pad for about $15 about five years ago and it's working fine. It doesn't have analogue triggers, but although they'd help, they're not required.

Last edited:
Pro cam is the best. When you cant see the ball pitching, play in v. When you can see the ball pitching in pro cam then you can either cut or hook the ball. With some practice you can use the same tactic in default cam. It is just easier to spot in pro cam.

Ridiculously good game. Especially considering it's only nets so far. Love how you can actually choose the direction you advance in when coming down the track.

Users who are viewing this thread