Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

This batting system is excellent, really enjoying it so far! Can't wait to play online, it really seems that you could be quite clever with your bowling and come up with plans to trick the batsman now that you don't just plonk a circle on the pitch that both players can see!

It may just be me getting to grips with the controls, but is there a way to play front-foot soft handed shots on the off-side behind square? I don't know all the technical terms but it used to be my scoring shot when I played... Like a controlled drive but just slightly turning the face of the bat and/or timing it differently to put it into gaps.
When I aim there in the CA Nets, the player does the cut/late cut animations.

Also, any idea if the console versions will run at 60fps?

I want to play this on my ps3 instead of pc. :(
Any possibility of playing this on ps3? :P

My creation in the Academy;

K3yIIwJ.png

Works great, pretty smooth animations. No lags here on max settings, just hope the actual game works as good as this does. Love the pro camera angle and behind the batsman camera type is good too. Would've also liked to have a camera angle from bowler's view which has been a part of all the cricket games I've came across to while batting, of course that view is available while bowling but it should have been a good add on while batting.
Controls were quite confusing in the starting but the tips from HBK cleared all the doubts regarding the controls.
I liked the all new advanced controls, pretty fun to play. It looks brilliant graphically especially when you play using the pro camera. Menu music was great too.

HBK or anyone? What is the left and right analogue controls to play a yorker? Defence&Aggressive.

This is how I am playing yorkers on middle and off stump.

Left stick : towards 85 degree
Right Stick : at 90 degree

Defense would be easy to execute, its an aggressive shot for which you need to keep close eye on that marker on the ball, it turns white for fraction of second, you try to focus on that couple of times and next time your reflexes will get it done..

Everything is fine. the only problem is spin bowling.
The ball must turn only after pitching. but it turns too much while in the air itself. will it be the same while playing matches?

It happens in the real life too mate. That is called "Drift" not turn and not every bowler is capable of extracting the drift.

can someone please tell me what I would need to upgrade to play this game.

Go for a dedicated graphics card, on-board chips won't do. Also, make sure the graphic cards have a Shader Pixel greater than 3.0

I really am jealous of all the people who are playing the nets right now. The system in my room doesn't support it. I guess I'll only be able to try it out when I return home in January'14.

Enjoy fellas! Keep the videos and screenshots coming.

This is how I am playing yorkers on middle and off stump.

Left stick : towards 85 degree
Right Stick : at 90 degree

Defense would be easy to execute, its an aggressive shot for which you need to keep close eye on that marker on the ball, it turns white for fraction of second, you try to focus on that couple of times and next time your reflexes will get it done..

Thanks I was able to defend easily without the markers. And was decent too. It took it as a full toss. But both required a left stick input otherwise im getting bowled. I was hoping if there was a dig it out kinda animation where the batsman is upright and blocks it drives it with brute force. I guess its not there.

I want to play this on my ps3 instead of pc. :(
Any possibility of playing this on ps3? :P

Figured it out. Turn on your PS3.

Then hook your laptop to TV. Hook your PC controller to laptop. Position yourself so that laptop is behind you and PS3 is in front of you.

Voila ! Its a whole different experience playing nets on PS3. Loving it

I am really enjoying the demo and pleased that the controls aren't too easy to master. It really does take skill to play a decent shot in the intended direction.
The only small problem that I am having is entirely my fault. Whilst playing a shot, either defensive or attacking, I have a tendency to depress the right hand stick, thereby leaving the ball. Another stint in the nets should cure this problem.:yes
I can't wait for the full version to be released, and if it is anything like the nets demo, it will be a superb cricket simulator/game.
Well done to all the guys at Big Ant Studios.

Ian

It happens in the real life too mate. That is called "Drift" not turn and not every bowler is capable of extracting the drift.

From watching Matt I thought he was facing slow swing bowling but apparently it was actually spin from looking closely at the menus. I can't think of a single bowler who could get that much drift.

Users who are viewing this thread