Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

I will be interesting to see how much player ratings actually impact on the player abilities

Some of the issues are definitely down to my controller - the central position on the sticks seems to be a bit loose, so there's various fluctuations in the middle position which is obviously being picked up very sensitively by the game. It's an old controller so it's fair enough I suppose. Seeing if I can set a dead zone to solve it. Hope it works as I don't think I'm going to be able to get a new controller for quite a while.

Last edited:
i cant download it

is there something im doing wrong?

a message about incomplete download?

NCIS error??

Try a download manager or the PC Mirror.

He's STILL hitting it down the leg side all the time. I've reconfigured the controller, including setting up a 35% dead zone in the middle of the sticks to make sure there is no accidental movement whatsoever, the shot is only played when I play the shot, but he always goes down the leg side, even if it's pitching well outside off, and I send him over to hit it away one the off side. Getting very frustrating now. :facepalm

Last edited:
Just knocked a stump at the other end out of the ground. Loving it

I don't know whether its because of my experience with MLB the Show but close batsman is really working for me

Yes I'm preferring that angle too for the same reason.

From watching videos of leg spin it seems the stock delivery is spinning from off to leg, rather than leg to off? But then off spin seems to be right? Or is there just many a googly being bowled?!

Edit: I think the amount of drift is messing with my eyes!

Last edited:
Copying this in here too as it explains a lot of my problems.

I've just figured out that playing with a PlayStation controller, the responses are like this.

Right Stick Down = Right
Right Stick Up = Left
Right Stick Right = Down
Right Stick Left = Up

Square = Triangle
Triangle = Square
X = Circle
Circle = X

R1 = R2
R2 = R1
L1 = L2
L2 = L1

Jesus early Septembering Christ! :lol

The right stick movements explain everything (why it was always going down the leg side every time I tried to hit it forward, for example). Definitely need to get these reassigned for 360 controls somehow. Suggestions? I know a few have been posted but I'd rather they didn't affect my controls for every game I play.

If you're using a PS3 controller make sure you're using a 360 controller emulator

attachment.php
ITS NOT WORKING EVEN THROUGH IVE DOWNLOADED ALL THE 598mb

Using a PS2 controller but just tried a 360 controller emulator and it made no difference. :facepalm

Got it going, theres a little bit of lag so i will play around with settings see how i go

Some of the edges are so thin you don't realise you've hit it until you see you're hit streak has continued, that's very cool. The sound design is top notch too, hope the full game is as good as this!

Really enjoying the nets. Just one concern: when a bouncer is bowled it doesn't look like you can evade it and you can't seem to block it either...so basically you either have to play a shot or let it hit you.

Also, not sure how it works when playing a match but the drift, spin and swing seem to be far exaggerated over what you would see in real life (unless you are facing Shane Warne 15 years ago). Could just be the bowling machine though.

As others have said though, great effort from what I've seen. If the bowling and fielding is up to the same standard then this will be remembered as THE cricket game in many years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread