Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

Yeah, it's a shame to see I cannot consistently execute my favourite and most used shot

I hope you can in the full game but this shot is a must for any cricket game. The physics in this game are amazing and very close to the real thing but in the nets I do see room for improvement.

PS I always got out like that when I was a kid as I love the cut and cover drive the most but doing it when the ball comes in is a no no unless you have amazing footwork. I did not to be honest.:(

Last edited:
some one remember the program ross once provided to put reference image on top in cricket academy ???

Will be thankful for help.

Ross if you have time, what do you think about balls coming into you:eek:. PS Wait that sounds wrong, I mean inswingers and inside edges of cover drives and cuts.

----------

some one remember the program ross once provided to put reference image on top in cricket academy ???

Will be thankful for help.

Do you mean in nets or academy, I would love to put images around the net area. Maybe a photo of Mike Fegan, 10 points if you hit him.:spy

Ross if you have time, what do you think about balls coming into you:eek:. PS Wait that sounds wrong, I mean inswingers and inside edges of cover drives and cuts.

----------

Do you mean in nets or academy, I would love to put images around the net area. Maybe a photo of Mike Fegan, 10 points if you hit him.:spy

No ross once mentioned a program to put reference image on top of cricket academy with ability to make photo more transparent to get the likeness correct while working.

No ross once mentioned a program to put reference image on top of cricket academy with ability to make photo more transparent to get the likeness correct while working.

Yes I remember but I think most people just open second web browser and it works fine. I started to make some good characters myself but I must admit there is better ones out there and most of them came from here. Great job guys.

There's supposed to be mechanisms for balancing teams online - so it would be interesting how that is managed. Perhaps someone trying to max out their stats would end up worse.

I think giving all players and teams a public unique identifier would be useful - so it would be as simple as checking a number against a list as to whether a team is the 'correct' version of a team or if a player has been edited.

I've suggested in the past that it would be something good on player cards so that a number on the card could be punched in on the game to get that player - and ideally an ability to make a link that would take you directly there.

Maybe a system similar to Madden can be implemented, i.e. only the roster or teams provided by Big Ant can be used for online gameplay. If custom team is used for online games, then there should be a ceiling on the attributes... say no attribute can be more than 79 and the total attribute total has to be less than 400 or something similar.

But the most convenient option is to restrict the users of online gameplay (specifically competitive games akin to 'Head to Head' in Madden or FIFA) to a select few teams which you select when prompted to select a team during the matchup.

Maybe a system similar to Madden can be implemented, i.e. only the roster or teams provided by Big Ant can be used for online gameplay. If custom team is used for online games, then there should be a ceiling on the attributes... say no attribute can be more than 79 and the total attribute total has to be less than 400 or something similar.

But the most convenient option is to restrict the users of online gameplay (specifically competitive games akin to 'Head to Head' in Madden or FIFA) to a select few teams which you select when prompted to select a team during the matchup.

That would spoil all the work done in CA, i would definitely want certain teams to be stronger than others, also if you are playing league matches and have heavy weight players from auction your team will be bloated and it should reflect that.
I like the number punching matt mentioned.

On the Academy earlier today, a new option appeared

Download New Linkable (and now it is gone again)

Have any new linkable players actually been added yet, or is it just testing it out?

We can turn options off and on remotely but I want aware of it happening today.

Well I pressed it and then it was gone literally 2 minutes later. I can't tell if it added any new linkable players or not.

Out of interest, will there be new linkable players in the full version?

We can add linkable players at any time.

Get that intern to start making the 90s south africa team.

Get that intern to start making the 90s south africa team.

No point wasting time on chokers... 8'0s WI, early 2000's Aus, Bradman's invincibles and 70's SA would be a better choice.

Users who are viewing this thread