Don Bradman Cricket Academy V 1.00 Beta is available (Updated 28/03)

Bottom right hand corner, even Marilyn Manson would accept that as black.

I don't quite think it's dark enough but ok :D. Something we were discussing in the tournament thread is that the ability to lock a team when you place it on CA to prevent cheating would be very helpful :rolleyes.

A mode where you can only use linked players with on disc stats perhaps?

Also, that black may seem lighter due to the lighting in CA May be different out on the field, just a thought.

I don't quite think it's dark enough but ok :D. Something we were discussing in the tournament thread is that the ability to lock a team when you place it on CA to prevent cheating would be very helpful :rolleyes.

I wish they implement a system where if you download a team and edit it then you cannot upload it with the same name or maybe a feature where the creator can allow whether his team can be edited or not.

There's supposed to be mechanisms for balancing teams online - so it would be interesting how that is managed. Perhaps someone trying to max out their stats would end up worse.

I think giving all players and teams a public unique identifier would be useful - so it would be as simple as checking a number against a list as to whether a team is the 'correct' version of a team or if a player has been edited.

I've suggested in the past that it would be something good on player cards so that a number on the card could be punched in on the game to get that player - and ideally an ability to make a link that would take you directly there.

I think there's a "level" icon that plays a part in that, top right hand corner for memory. You're only matched with people of your same "level" ...as you progress through the main game, you level up, thus opening up better skilled opponents?

Ok guys I have been playing the nets today the latest version and I want to share my views on edges in the nets not the full game.

Ok if someone wants to try this they will see what I mean as I write this.

Now go set the ball machine on legend and with a setting of pitch marker on to practice these shots. Now set the ball to be a outswinger about a foot and a half outside the off stump to a right handed batsmen.

Go for a cover drive a few times but trying to be late on timing but not missing the ball, you will get a perfect cricket outside edge to be proud of in real cricket but then set the ball to be more straight with a inswinger and try to get a inside edge onto the stumps like in real life. PS I could not after 5 minutes straight so I change the ball to a shorter ball to try to cut a ball coming into me to see if I could get a French cut onto the stumps or to third man area and nothing.

PS Just wanted to know anyone else views on this, if you defend or drive straight there is no problem(Only cover drive and cut shot/late cut) but as far as I can see I can not do this in the nets and with a new update coming on the 28th of march I thought this would be something to look at.

Anyway thanks again for everything Bigant, can't wait to play this amazing game.

PS I moved it, sorry for that.:D

Ok guys I have been playing the nets today the latest version and I want to share my views on edges in the nets not the full game.

Ok if someone wants to try this they will see what I mean as I write this.

Now go set the ball machine on legend and with a setting of pitch marker on to practice these shots. Now set the ball to be a outswinger about a foot and a half outside the off stump to a right handed batsmen.

Go for a cover drive a few times but trying to be late on timing but not missing the ball, you will get a perfect cricket outside edge to be proud of in real cricket but then set the ball to be more straight with a inswinger and try to get a inside edge onto the stumps like in real life. PS I could not after 5 minutes straight so I change the ball to a shorter ball to try to cut a ball coming into me to see if I could get a French cut onto the stumps or to third man area and nothing.

PS Just wanted to know anyone else views on this, if you defend or drive straight there is no problem(Only cover drive and cut shot/late cut) but as far as I can see I can not do this in the nets and with a new update coming on the 28th of march I thought this would be something to look at.

Anyway thanks again for everything Bigant, can't wait to play this amazing game.

PS I moved it, sorry for that.:D

Flip me!:eek: I can follow this.......

MattW would love your view on this as I am trying to write something of meaning for once.

----------

Flip me!:eek: I can follow this.......

I am not always a twat Dutch, would love your view on this also. I don't think it's a major problem or a problem just something I saw and thought strange.

Before I saw this post I was playing some nets as well probably for around 15 minutes or so, and I edged the ball onto the stumps probably around 3 times that I could remember, playing straight and cover drives and I didn't specifically go out and try to do it. Don't remember what kind of deliveries they were.

MattW would love your view on this as I am trying to write something of meaning for once.

----------

I am not always a twat Dutch, would love your view on this also. I don't think it's a major problem or a problem just something I saw and thought strange.

Sorry 79 but I don't have too much experience of the nets. Strange as it may seem I am sticking away from them as I want to start the learning curve once I have the game and can play a competition from scratch.

Your use of spelling and clarity in this little gem though was a wondrous sight to behold.....*dofs cap*

Before I saw this post I was playing some nets as well probably for around 15 minutes or so, and I edged the ball onto the stumps probably around 3 times that I could remember, playing straight and cover drives and I didn't specifically go out and try to do it. Don't remember what kind of deliveries they were.

Straight drives and off and on no problem but cover drives are you sure ?

Cuts and cover drive is where I think it needs to be tweaked.

----------

Sorry 79 but I don't have too much experience of the nets. Strange as it may seem I am sticking away from them as I want to start the learning curve once I have the game and can play a competition from scratch.

Your use of spelling and clarity in this little gem though was a wondrous sight to behold.....*dofs cap*

You have not played Nets ever ?

God I did not know that, are you sure you don't want to try because this is a tricky game Dutch. I have been playing for months and I am still learning.

PS I am a idiot on here sometimes but I can tell you I take my cricket gaming very serious and I will add. I am good at this game.:D

PS My Spelling and grammar are talked about at work, shows not everyone that was not good at school has to have a shit job.

I am also very funny but not as funny as Biggs.:(

Straight drives and off and on no problem but cover drives are you sure ?

Cuts and cover drive is where I think it needs to be tweaked.

----------

You have not played Nets ever ?

God I did not know that, are you sure you don't want to try because this is a tricky game Dutch. I have been playing for months and I am still learning.

PS I am a idiot on here sometimes but I can tell you I take my cricket gaming very serious and I will add. I am good at this game.:D

PS My Spelling and grammar are talked about at work, shows not everyone that was not good at school has to have a shit job.

I am also very funny but not as funny as Biggs.:(

You are fine 79c. Just pulling your leg. I am sure you are a very decent bloke and are getting on with your life in a good way. Don't let the pisstakers get you down. They are just having a bit of laugh. As you drive home in your own car to the house that you own from the good paid job you do to the loving family you have just stick your middle finger out the window to the poor noobs who have no idea who you really are ;) (that's what I do ;))

Last edited by a moderator:
You are fine 79c. Just pulling your leg. I am sure you are a very decent bloke and are getting on with your life in a good way. Don't let the pisstakers get you down. They are just having a bit of laugh. As you drive home in your own car to the house that you own from the good paid job you do to the loving family you have just stick your middle finger out the window to the poor noobs who have no idea who you really are ;)

Thanks but I don't take the pisstakers to serious Dutch, I get it at work so all cool. I like this forum and all you guys are cool in your own ways, Biggs being the best.:D

PS I think this game is going to change the views on cricket games for now and in the future and what Bigant are doing is amazing. Still where are the French cuts Ross ? :D

Users who are viewing this thread