Ea Fifa 2008

I got FIFA 08, just installing post review tomorrow or something, guys i've never been that happy before.. for ages..

Just got home with the game. Was abit of a struggle to get it on PS3, tried Asda, Tesco, Pc World and Currys before finding it in stock at Toys R Us, had to pay £50 for it but so far it's worth it. Been playing about 5-10 minutes and its really very very good. My first game is Everton vs Bury, 0-0 after 40minutes, a good save from their keeper in the first 15 mins off Yakubu though. It's amazingly fun, and having Gray and Tyler as commentators just increases the realism. Also, the faces are very good, Lescott looks awesome, as does Yakubu. First impressions are very very positive.

I've just finished my first match in online play:

Barcelona 2-1 Norwich City*

I almost pulled off a draw, the opponent scored the winner within the last five minutes. I played well to say I was Norwich, there are a lot of killjoys in online play who go for Barcelona because they are the best team.

Gonna buy it tomorrow. Didn't enjoy the demo one bit but i'm a sucker for a football game. My PS3 is starting to gather dust as well so I need something to play. Plus, I gotta kick Lee's arse online. ;)

Gonna buy it tomorrow. Didn't enjoy the demo one bit but i'm a sucker for a football game. My PS3 is starting to gather dust as well so I need something to play. Plus, I gotta kick Lee's arse online. ;)

I wasn't impressed with the PlayStation 3 demo either, but as I said, the full version is almost incomparable.

As long you don't use Barcelona, I am willing to have my arse kicked by you in online play.

You can watch uploaded replays from the game, using the feature from the Instant Replay function on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, here.

I really am starting to wonder how good Fifa 08 on next-gen actually is...
Even though there are always fans of Fifa who say every version is amazing, I have never seen so many positive reviews about a Fifa game, ever, even from people who used to be strong PES "fanboys".

EA must be doing something right for a change...

Give it a go, but make sure you look at it as a whole different game!

;)

Just finished my first game- Everton* v Bury.

Finished 2-1 to me, first goal came from a good team move around the box to feed Arteta in on 44 minutes. 1-0 at half time. 3 minutes into the 2nd half, Baines gives away a penalty in which Hurst puts away the equaliser. Just after the hour mark Johnson broke away from the defence, took his run a little wide on the left and just smashed it into the top right corner. There was a good spell of possession at the end of the game for Bury in which they were trying to get an equaliser. I deserved the win in the end, fantastic first game, ever so realisitc. Loving it so far.

I wasn't impressed with the PlayStation 3 demo either, but as I said, the full version is almost incomparable.

As long you don't use Barcelona, I am willing to have my arse kicked by you in online play.

Everton vs Norwich seems a fair game to me. I doubt i'll kick your arse anyway; I'm really not very good at FIFA. Now PES on the otherhand...

can anyone confirm if the camera angles are configurable - in the demo the tele view was too far away and I would like to zoom it in a little. The dynamic views were too close in ?

Just started a manager mode as Ipswich (OMFG Lee) and guess what the first game of the season is ? Yep, Norwich away :p. I love this game, just played a full 90 minutes on be a pro mode as Mikel Arteta against Perth Glory, was really fun, i actually scored but was annoyingly offside which annoyed me. I did score in the penalty shootout though :D. Fifa FTW>

edit: Damn, Ipswich are rubbish up front, didnt make any real oppurtunities until the last 5 minutes when i just couldnt score. 1-0 Norwich. Least it was away.

Last edited:
Just started a manager mode as Ipswich (OMFG Lee) and guess what the first game of the season is ? Yep, Norwich away :p. I love this game, just played a full 90 minutes on be a pro mode as Mikel Arteta against Perth Glory, was really fun, i actually scored but was annoyingly offside which annoyed me. I did score in the penalty shootout though :D. Fifa FTW>

I played the Challenge Mode in which you have to score one goal with Kolo Toure and win within normal time as Arsenal against Aston Villa in the Pro camera. That is a feature that everyone wants but is so difficult to get right. For a first attempt, EA Sports have done a spectacular job with Be A Pro.

I imagine myself as Norwich and you as the scum would be very interesting in online play!

can anyone confirm if the camera angles are configurable - in the demo the tele view was too far away and I would like to zoom it in a little. The dynamic views were too close in ?

Same angles as the demo, I find dynamicV1 does it for me...

I played the Challenge Mode in which you have to score one goal with Kolo Toure and win within normal time as Arsenal against Aston Villa in the Pro camera. That is a feature that everyone wants but is so difficult to get right. For a first attempt, EA Sports have done a spectacular job with Be A Pro.

I imagine myself as Norwich and you as the scum would be very interesting in online play!

What console'd you buy it on ? If you bought it on PS3 we have to have a game. Add my PSN network name: Dan2501, if you got it on PS3 of course :p.

Users who are viewing this thread