Ea Fifa 2008

Anyone who says there's no atmosphere in PES is nothing short of an idiot.

Phil, game?

Not really, the crowds have always been crap in PES and that is mostly what creates the atmosphere in football games... It's just generic boring chants all match with the odd whistle or something, that means there is no atmosphere.

We are on a cricket forum I suppose... So you can't expect many people to know a lot about football.

I agree PES crowds compared to FIFA's ones are like a bunch of zombies in a japanese stadium. Will I think its the other way round, anyone who thinks PES has atmosphere is nothing short of an idiot ;)

The thing is, there's noise and atmosphere which increases as the match goes on.

As for chants, I don't actually hear different chants as I'm kind of vusy playing a football game. I seriously wonder how much time you spend playing the game rather than picking out every detail (non-gameplay related) in which Fifa pips PES.

Which one of you actually owns both PES and FIFA? Because if your experience of PES is gaming session round your mates then there's no point commenting.

The thing is, there's noise and atmosphere which increases as the match goes on.

As for chants, I don't actually hear different chants as I'm kind of vusy playing a football game. I seriously wonder how much time you spend playing the game rather than picking out every detail (non-gameplay related) in which Fifa pips PES.

Which one of you actually owns both PES and FIFA? Because if your experience of PES is gaming session round your mates then there's no point commenting.

I actually had both and owned both at the same time, there was a time where I was enjoying PES despite having FIFA.....until I realised how fake and unrealistic this years PES was.

I don't actually see what FIFA has better than PES, it's just someone above mentioned the atmosphere and I realised they were right. Also you said your busy playing a football game not listening to chants.......well when I play FIFA I can hear the crowd chanting Crystal Palace's ''Eagles'' chant despite me concentrating very hard on the game because it's like.....hard.

The pace at which Fifa moves, I could listen to quite a few chants before reaching the opposing goal.

Well, seeing as I didn't start this argument as well as the fact that I own a copy of Fifa 08, no, Jaz.

Sorry, Culli, time to scrounge around for food. Plus, this laptop is agonisingly slow.

Fifa just makes PES look totally stupid this year.

Gameplay, graphics, AI, amount of teams/leagues, menu music, sound effects, commentary, licenses, game modes, stadiums, online features, options (manual, semi or assisted passing and shooting for example) and there's less bugs. These are all things that Fifa is better at, PES is hardly even a competitor this year and only people who want an arcade game (not football fans) or people who are being stupid by being "loyal" to a video game series would deny this.

Anyone who knows football properly knows that Fifa is the better game, football isn't always about fast paced attacking end-to-end football. Patient tactical passing moves are needed more often than long dribbles and intricate passing.
In PES, there's no tactics at all, you just hold the sprint button and pass it to whoever is in space every so often then shoot or just get it to someone overrated like Adriano and shoot or someone fast and just beat all 10 outfield players. It's about as realistic as Virtua Striker and should be in arcades, not on consoles.

In Fifa you have to think about what you are doing and plan ahead, much more realistic and more of a challenge.
Top player on PES is easier than Semi Pro on Fifa, what sort of challenge is that to play offline? You can win every single match without a problem if you just have a little bit of skill.

I have played both games quite a lot, Fifa wins hands down.

I would agree with you, if EA gave a damn about its entire fanbase. FIFA on the PC this year is a total monstrosity, and next to it the buggy PES looks like a masterpeice. I primarily use the PC, I don't own and console, and don't wish to, and the shoddy efforts year after year by EA have really got on my nerves. Even Konami could be bothered to port the proper next gen version to PC, even if it wasnt brilliantly optimized. The new option files tweaking keeper stats has really helped, and improved the game no end. I've played FIFA on my mates PS3, its not bad, much improved form earlier efforts, and I would buy it over PES on the PC if EA weren't as stingy as they have shown themselves to be. I've just tried the EURO demo on the PC, and its no improvement over FIFA 08 on that system, and I refuse to accept that FIFA will ever win me over until EA pulls up its socks and produces the same game for everyone.

Fifa just makes PES look totally stupid this year.

Gameplay, graphics, AI, amount of teams/leagues, menu music, sound effects, commentary, licenses, game modes, stadiums, online features, options (manual, semi or assisted passing and shooting for example) and there's less bugs. These are all things that Fifa is better at, PES is hardly even a competitor this year and only people who want an arcade game (not football fans) or people who are being stupid by being "loyal" to a video game series would deny this.
No, no, no and no.

Basically, what you did there was name every aspect of Fifa without real consideration because if you did, you'd realise that the Fifa commentary is atrocious. It's poorly timed and on occasion, doesn't even make sense. Fifa gameplay is agonisingly slow, you've pressed the appropriate button well before the game realises what you want to do

Anyone who knows football properly knows that Fifa is the better game, football isn't always about fast paced attacking end-to-end football. Patient tactical passing moves are needed more often than long dribbles and intricate passing.
In PES, there's no tactics at all, you just hold the sprint button and pass it to whoever is in space every so often then shoot or just get it to someone overrated like Adriano and shoot or someone fast and just beat all 10 outfield players. It's about as realistic as Virtua Striker and should be in arcades, not on consoles.

That is a terrible argument. I could just as well say that anyne who actually enjoys football knows PES is the better game. In Fifa, you can't head it, can't shoot first time and can't pass first time, the passes are misdirected so, in effect, you have to needlessly pass it between your midfielders and defenders about 20 times because there's no chance of a pass forward seeing as it'll be intercepted. Plus, if you're winning in the last 10 minutes, pass it amongst your back four sice there's no chance of the opposition winning it back that way.

In Fifa you have to think about what you are doing and plan ahead, much more realistic and more of a challenge.
Top player on PES is easier than Semi Pro on Fifa, what sort of challenge is that to play offline? You can win every single match without a problem if you just have a little bit of skill.

I have played both games quite a lot, Fifa wins hands down.

I see that you hyperbole everything. I might as well say that Torres on Fifa is slower than Lehmann on PES because that holds as much water as your last argument.

You may call me a fanboy but at least I've had enough experience of both games to comment appropriately.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread