Eddie's Gameplay patch

Yet another step in the right direction eddie. much better. weaker bowlers are still bowling wides, but with a little less frequency (approx. one per over, which is still too much, but still an improvement).

One thing that has certainly improved is that when the cpu DON'T bowl wides there deliveries are in a much more 'reachable' zone.

Well done eddie, keep it going

was that using V2.0 or V3.0?

V3.0 is a massive improvement.

But I think each team has " bowling modifyers". ( i'll try to explain)

I play a Test as Eng V Aus, then as Eng V Bangladesh.

The part-time bowlers for Aus were far more accurate than the Bang part-timers. (despite their accuaracy stats being similar between certain players)

I also noticed that even the BANG opening bowlers we less accurate than the Aussie Part-time bowlers.

SO my conclusion ( which could be extremely conveluted), would be to do a County batting patch to go with the test match batting patch. Just to get round those "leess accurate bowlers".

Eddie said:
was that using V2.0 or V3.0?

V3.0 is a massive improvement.

But I think each team has " bowling modifyers". ( i'll try to explain)

I play a Test as Eng V Aus, then as Eng V Bangladesh.

The part-time bowlers for Aus were far more accurate than the Bang part-timers. (despite their accuaracy stats being similar between certain players)

I also noticed that even the BANG opening bowlers we less accurate than the Aussie Part-time bowlers.

SO my conclusion ( which could be extremely conveluted), would be to do a County batting patch to go with the test match batting patch. Just to get round those "leess accurate bowlers".

Sorry eddie, should have specified it was v3.

Your concluison would seem to make good sense based on experience so far. I think the idea of a county bating patch sounds good.

One thing that would negate the annoyance of poorer bowlers bowling out-of-reach balls down leg side would be if the game didn't freeze the batsmen's movement when the bowling marker is placed. this way at least we could 'fetch' the ball.

Is this possible via a gameplay patch eddie?

Hi Eddie

Playing Australian domestic pura cup using ver 3.0. Good patch, but have a few points to make

1. The bowling is still pretty erratic, the lesser order bowlers bowl about 3-4 wides(murray goodwin bowling leggies on a square turner) an over, the good ones end up bowling around 1 an over(B williams, Brad Hodhe)!!!!

2. Left arm spinners bowl way too short and way too outside the offstump!!Brad Hodge avg. 3/4 shot balls /over wheras Good win for some reason has never bowled a short bowl in his 7 over spell

3. The cpu AI has a tendencey to introduce the spinners pretty late in the game. As I said its a square one and it bought on Hodge after about 20 overs. He immediatl picks up 3 wickets and is promptly take off!!!

4. Field setting from AI are weird, have a batsman who keeps driving down the ground and the field setting has no mid on.

5. WOndering if the ball speed can be increased for quickert bowlers, the ones that bowl at 145+ appear the same as the ones bowling at 125-130

6. Inswinger swings out before swinging in!!!

7. Too much of the cut shot goes towards thirdman/gully region has to be a bit squarer

8. Never in my life have I been able to play a pull shot of a shot ball to a spinner, might be just me...

Thats it mate, much appreciated and jus trying to be objective here
-KB

2. Left arm spinners bowl way too short and way too outside the offstump!!Brad Hodge avg. 3/4 shot balls /over wheras Good win for some reason has never bowled a short bowl in his 7 over spell

this depends on the "mentality" of the bowler. Aggressive bowlers tend to bowl shorter than moderate or defensive ones.

4. Field setting from AI are weird, have a batsman who keeps driving down the ground and the field setting has no mid on.

use my edited fields..they all have a mid on

going to try and release a "County 4day batting patch" tomorrow, have a Tournament in Harrogate today so its been delayed 24hrs.

Ok Guys, here's the "County 4-day patch (batting only)"

Should givbe better accuracy for the "part-time" bowlers

You can probly also use it for Test Matches (have not tested it for Tests)

Attachments

• Eddie County 4day patch_(batting only)_v1.0.zip
    100.4 KB · Views: 40
Anyone tried the County patch yet?

Just wanted to know if it needs anymore work, before i start on the ODI Batting patch.

Haven't tried County patch yet. I was just wondering if there was anyway to add scripts which change the files when you bat and bowl?

To save time in changing files

I was just wondering if there was anyway to add scripts which change the files when you bat and bowl?

To save time in changing files

Don't think thats possible.

Well judging by the complete lack of feedback, i can only assume:

1. The patch was perfect ,(unlikely) so no one posted anything.

2. The patch was awful (i hope not), and none used it.

Anyone care to shead some light?

eddie, i didn't tried your patch, because i haven't played C2005 since a week, during some work on my room. in the case hat no one is replying, i only want to thank you for releasing the first AI patch for cricket 2005 and your further work.

Akira

I find I never play county level. I only do tests, odi's

Eddie loving the patch but where?s the hook shot and playing straight down the ground is nigh impossible because the ball hardly travels with any speed. Also the spinners drop the ball far to short, I can usually get about 12 runs an over off a spinner, with just the cut or late cut down to vacant third man, a position which is not filled until my batsman reaches at least 75.

Eddie loving the patch but where?s the hook shot and playing straight down the ground is nigh impossible because the ball hardly travels with any speed. Also the spinners drop the ball far to short, I can usually get about 12 runs an over off a spinner, with just the cut or late cut down to vacant third man, a position which is not filled until my batsman reaches at least 75.

using which patch?

Users who are viewing this thread