Eddie's Gameplay patch

Hey eddie, does this new patch complement the other test patch on your first page or are they meant to be used separately? Keep up the good work mate.

Well, the "battign only patch" is achieve by making to bowling cursor large (to vary CPU bowling). However , this makes it VERY hard for the Human player to bowl. SO, use the batting only patch for batting, and use the other one for bowling. The only difference between the two is the bowling cursor size.

PS: some people autoplay bowling , in that case you only need the batting only patch.

I personally love the test patch, I bowl all the overs. CPU almost always makes competative scores...Bangladesh hit over 400 against me yesterday (I was Australia!).

Nice work Eddie.

Can you Look into shot directon and power for straight and ondrive. 9/10 times i seem to be playng it directly to the field, which is fine but would like it to played into the gaps. But not necessary having it speed to the boundary everytime.

Ok Guy's here's a little something i've been working on.

ODI Batting only patch v1.0.

The idea behind this is to get the maximum variation in the CPU bowling, with them bowling wides.

Also edited quite few shots, from my last patch.

Would like people to give this a go, trying as many different shots as possible, on a many different pitches as you can.

ENJOY!

Attachments

• Eddie ODI_{batting only patch}_V1.0.zip
    100.5 KB · Views: 75
Hey Eddie, I've d/l it but I've got busy couple of days with uni exams. Gonna have to wait until thursday or friday to check it out. Will let you know what I reckon then. Cheers mate.

Thats fine mate..nobody else has posted areview yet, so I eagerly await yours.

Hey. Had a quick go with the ODI patch. Gotta say I didn't notice too much difference in the shots. Cut, leg glance are the biggest run scorers in first 15 overs with ring fields. I still haven't been able on any of your patches to work out which line/length allows square. Seems that you can cut both short and full balls outside off.

As for CPU bowling they bowl far too many wides. Some 40+ in one innings alone. Mostly down leg.

As for CPU bowling they bowl far too many wides. Some 40+ in one innings alone. Mostly down leg.

which team were u playing against? I played 4 ODI's, and never had more than 6 wides in any one match..

I am playing a match against Ministers XI, love the CPU bowling variations.

But there are couple of big wides bowled if an right arm bowler is bowling to the left hand batsman (or LH bowler to RH from over the wicket). I don't have any problem with the off side wides, as I can always manage to hit them easily. But its pretty difficult to hit those big leg side wides (well at least for me). Currently I am in my 20th over with 29 runs coming from wides(couple of 4's too :eek:).

Prakash said:
I am playing a match against Ministers XI, love the CPU bowling variations.

But there are couple of big wides bowled if an right arm bowler is bowling to the left hand batsman (or LH bowler to RH from over the wicket). I don't have any problem with the off side wides, as I can always manage to hit them easily. But its pretty difficult to hit those big leg side wides (well at least for me). Currently I am in my 20th over with 29 runs coming from wides(couple of 4's too :eek:).
yeah that looks really irritating while playing. I hope Eddie comes up with a solution.

I take it that the wides problem is mostly occuring using "lesser" sides and when part-time bowlers are bowling?

For me, unless the ball is wide down the leg-side, i usually try to smack it for four! lol!

Eddie said:
I take it that the wides problem is mostly occuring using "lesser" sides and when part-time bowlers are bowling?

For me, unless the ball is wide down the leg-side, i usually try to smack it for four! lol!
Yes, I eventually had to give up with your batting only patch as when the part timers came on as most of the balls were wides.
And with field restrictions turned off I can't even smack those wide balls for four!

Users who are viewing this thread