England in the 90s

Upping the swing every 5 overs from 40 to 65* to replicate the extravagant reverse Pakistan got in this series has a noticeable visual effect but thus far I’ve lost only one wicket to it, currently at 53rd over.

*over 40 adjust 71 to 74
Over 45 adjust to 77
Over 50 adjust to 80
Over 55 adjust to 83
Over 60 adjust to 86
Over 65 adjust to 89

I’ll return back to 71 at new ball, or if new ball not taken reduce by 1 every over from 81st over until new ball is taken and go back to 71

A very tough day 3 for England.

First England lost 2 very early wickets before some rain came in and brought a stay of execution until lunch. After lunch England crumbled, only Ramprakash and Lewis showing any real fight. England out before tea for 173.

Pakistan then showed them how it’s done with unbroken opening stand of 110 as Anwar passed 50 for the second time in the match.

England really up against and praying for more rain on days 4 and 5.

So far I have only ever seen 2 rain interruption types, either they go off after about 8 overs of the morning and are off until lunch, or the start of play is delayed about an hour.

Always only these 2, and always all interruptions in a match are the same kind of interruption.

However in this match having had days 2 and 3 with the late morning session interruption, on day 4 we’ve had the delayed start.

Still only the same 2 interruption types I’ve ever seen, but the first time I’ve seen both occur in the same match!

Day 4 and Pakistan ground England into the dust. A huge partnership from Sohail and Raja laid the foundations and though they both fell in the 90s their skipper went one better with a brilliant unbeaten hundred.

England’s bowlers could get nothing out of the pitch. It was so bad Gooch even bought himself on to bowl!

Miandad’s century was brilliant but his captaincy was poor, batting through until the close despite the poor weather forecast and unlikelihood of a full day tomorrow - is he too dismissive of England’s batting?

Reckon you can save it?

I'm batting with a legit broken finger atm and I think its making me concentrate more. Not lost a wicket in like 15 overs

ouch how’d you do your finger?

the rain and the dodgy AI logic gives me a fighting chance. Im through the short morning session unscathed - just 10 overs. 2 sessions left, about 60 overs.

pitch seems to be doing a bit for them - did nothing for me 2nd inns. I’ll be upping the swing too with the old ball, and they’ve 2 spinners.

I’d like to say I will but I’m not super confident!!

Users who are viewing this thread