Story England International Season - September 8th, 2007 - India in England

Who will finish victorious in the Natwest ODI Series?

• Total voters
It is a good idea, and I think I will do it from now on. I am a graphics/presentations nerd when it comes to writing stories and so I always want everything nice and perfect. It's the same when I'm writing an essay in word. I basically have computer OCD :p

Oh and by the way, it's 'instead' not 'incist' ;) It is spelt 'insist' but it has a different meaning from what you are trying to say.

:facepalm for me

Cheers anyway,KIU.

Game looks very even at this point of time. All England need is two wickets, then you get Pathan and the bowlers. England though need to take it fast they dont have much to play with. My money is on England, Dhoni and Yuvraj are not as effective outside the subcontinent, and Tendulkar is the main threat.

So whats your plan regarding the story, cuz Its too much in the past and you may need to forward it, considering the likes of Uthappa, Panesar are not part of these countries set-up now. If I was in your place I would forward it a few years with a brief summary of how England went during that stage. What say you?

I actually enjoy playing in the past, it sort of separates this story from others. I will be playing the inaugural T20 World Cup and then I will re-assess things once again.

Makes sense, and your presentation style is pretty unique too. It would be interesting to see the 2007 WC. But remember then you cant pick Morgan :p

The teams have already been picked, check out the links on the first post. They will be under international teams for August (effectively 2nd paragraph of links).

I will be using my favourite game for the competition: Cricket 2004 :D I also have a nice new way of presenting my pics, hopefully it should improve my presentation even more, along with my new scorecard set.

^ That sounds quite exciting! I was hoping you'd go back to Cricket 04, it's simply the best game out.
With a decent AI patch, gameplay is (inexplicably) better than the later, "improved" games.

Anyway, game is interestingly poised here. India slightly ahead, but this pitch seems to be quite different to those in the sub continent, which will work in England's favour. I think they'll pull off a pleasing win to end the series.

Cricket 04 is, hands down, the best cricket game available. The way you have made it look with the new kits makes it mouth watering. Can't wait to play it again.

Oh and there is actually two more ODI's after this. It was a 7 match series, won 4-3 by England in real life.

Oh ok. I wrongly presumed that because one of the questions was

5) Which team will win the series (Currently 2-2)?

That it was a 5 match series.

England to take the lead in the series then!

Yeah, realised that may seem the case with that question. I just added it in for an extra question.

It's funny how it's gone 1-0 Eng, 1-1, 2-1 Eng, 2-2. Been very even so far, and I'm hoping the remaining two and a half games do the same.

Cricket 04 is, hands down, the best cricket game available. The way you have made it look with the new kits makes it mouth watering. Can't wait to play it again.

Oh and there is actually two more ODI's after this. It was a 7 match series, won 4-3 by England in real life.

Is O4 better than 05? (Which is way better than 07 in my opinion.) Why?

Was going through the index and it is amazing!!
You have pretty much kept in touch with every team, plus the presentation on the 1st post is easily one of the best I have seen in the Story's forum. KUTGW :clap

Is O4 better than 05? (Which is way better than 07 in my opinion.) Why?

Gameplay. Graphics aren't great, as you'd expect (Although I have come to like them). The main difference for me is shot play and variation of bowling as well as batting. In cricket 05 there are certain shots you see all the time, and although some AI patches mix it up a little, the difference isn't that great. Bowling on 04 is just much better, because you can pick up all kinds of wickets.

The speed of the outfield is perfect, meaning twos and threes are more common (You never see threes on 05) and the running between the wickets is more accurate (Especially compared to 07, which is the worst game of the lot in my opinion).

I think particualrly for stories, 04 is better because of how reral the images you take look. If you go back say 10 pages you'll see the matches played on 04, and you can see the amount of top quality images I was able to take, giving the story a more realistic feel to it.

Unfortunately the game has one un-fixable flaw. In one day games there is a save game bug, which means randomly at some point the game just won't let you continue. You are left stuck on the end of over screen. That's why I stopped using it for this ODI series. You will see that one of the ODI's was reduced by rain. That was because of the save game bug kicking in near the end of the innings.

Last edited:
skysportslogowu1.gif

Dhoni and Yuvraj put India into the driving seat

indiainenglandcopytn6.jpg

England vs India
5th Natwest ODI
September 2, 2007
Headingley, Leeds

Overs 21-40: Highlights

Panesar removes 'The Little Master'

60286049.jpg

Big celebration from England; Tendulkar plays outside the line; The leg stump is knocked back

Dhoni struggles early

21486470.jpg

Almost caught hooking down the leg side; Yuvraj gets India's first boundary for roughly 10 overs; Dhoni almost drags on to Mascarenhas

Tremlett's return sparks India into life

99038015.jpg

Collingwood chats to Tremlett; Crashed over cover for six by Dhoni; Short and spanked for four

Yuvraj hits his way to a half century

97036075.jpg

Pulled away into the leg side; Nailed through the offside on the front foot; Yuvraj sprints through to reach his fifty

India 160/4
Yuvraj 50* (84)
Dhoni 32* (42)

Tremlett 0/40 (8 overs)
Panesar 1/42 (10 overs)

Last Wicket: Tendulkar b. M.Panesar 33 (63)

India need 46 to win at 4.60 runs per over

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread