Story England International Season - September 8th, 2007 - India in England

Who will finish victorious in the Natwest ODI Series?

• Total voters
Yuvraj and Dhoni are playing very well. If they continue doing that India will easily win, If England can take wicket of Yuvraj then maybe England will win. Match is getting very exciting.

Game over for England, unless they somehow trigger a collapse here. Panesar taking Sachin, Moment of the Day! :p

Game over for England, unless they somehow trigger a collapse here. Panesar taking Sachin, Moment of the Day! :p

Yes, I enjoyed taking that wicket. He got Tendulkar in the last game as well, and he removed him in both innings' of the first test match. He's got Tendulkar out LBW 3 times out of 4 on this tour.

Tempted to play the final 10 overs tonight. Will probably watch the rest of the England-South Africa game first.

I love this story because the updates are so realistic. As we all know Sachin mostly gets LBW to left arm spinners(mostly) and that's what is happening in the series. Keep it up Treva. :)

skysportslogowu1.gif

India make it home easily in the end

indiainenglandcopytn6.jpg

England vs India
5th Natwest ODI
September 2, 2007
Headingley, Leeds

Overs 41-50: Highlights

The run rate continues to rise

55015927.jpg

India struggle to beat the in-field; Yuvraj beaten for pace; The short ball causes all sorts of trouble

Dhoni and Yuvraj bring up the century partnership

50633322.jpg

Lofted over the leg side for four; Both players look comfortable at the crease; Flicked off the legs and away to the boundary

Yuvraj starts to explode

78373940.jpg

Hit high over fine leg for six; The fielder chases but the ball wins; Drilled down the ground for another six

Comfortable win for India

51752540.jpg

Misfield allows Dhoni to hit the winning boundary; Collingwood feels the disappointment; India take a 3-2 lead in the series

indiascoreboardd.jpg

englandbowlingcard.jpg

India win by 6 wickets with 13 balls remaining

Last edited by a moderator:
Blimey Treva, another story that's been going on since before I left 2 years. It really has gone from strength to strength and the last 10 pages show how well your graphics and presentation has improved. I'm very impressed with this, great graphics, understandable and best of all gripping entertainment. Brilliant, keep up the good work fella... Although I don't like Sebastian Vettel :p

Vettel is God as far as I'm concerned, so massive respect lost there :p

Seriously though, cheers for the comment. Good to see you back. Bet you're happy with West Brom's performance this season.

India were always gonna be favorites in that situation, so no surprise there. Although credit should be given to the English for a fightback.

How did you make the video? :D Bought a new dimension to the story

India were always gonna be favorites in that situation, so no surprise there. Although credit should be given to the English for a fightback.

How did you make the video? :D Bought a new dimension to the story

Used Fraps to take the video, which is also what I take my pictures with. Then just edited the video in Windows Live Movie Maker.

Next update will be the BBC match report. Expect it in a couple of days, maybe tomorrow if you're lucky.

Does Fraps work with your Cricket 2004? When I try to use it, I just get the message "Cricket 2004.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." I just assumed it wasn't compatible with Cricket 04...

Anyway, looking forward to the match review, and then the next game.

Yuvraj is back!
Hope he was in real. :p

Anyways good update there mate,India were always favorites to win the match but the credit goes to Yuvraj for a brilliant innings.

Haha, you gotta love idiots. This is a comment left on my YouTube video:

usamaali1 said:
"thts not a master six my shahid afridi hits a six 114 m"

I hope that was no one from this forum. I love how he calls him 'my Shahid Afridi' :p

Treva is getting famous on youtube. :laugh

bbccricketlogo.png

Page last updated at 16:39 GMT, Sunday, 2 September 2007

printv.png
E-mail this to a friend - - - - - - -
emailgs.png
Printable version

Yuvraj and Dhoni hand India series lead

Fifth Natwest ODI, Headingley:
India 209/4 (47.5 overs) beat England 205/9 (50 overs) by 6 wickets

Match Scorecard

A century partnership between Yuvraj Singh and MS Dhoni was the difference between the two sides
in a low scoring game at Headingley.

Chasing 206 to win, India reached the target with 13 balls to spare, despite losing their top four batsmen
with just 89 runs on the board. An unbeaten 81 from Yuvraj was the corner stone of the innings with
keeper-batsman Dhoni notching up 46*.

The innings had started well for England as they removed Robin Uthappa and Gautam Gambhir in successive
overs. Indian captain Rahul Dravid was dismissed for 5 and when Monty Panesar sent Sachin Tendulkar
back to the pavilion things looked good for England.

At the start of the day India won the toss and elected to bowl first on a wicket covered with grass. The
difficult batting conditions made the openers work hard but it was the introduction of spin that did the
trick. Tendulkar and Dhoni combined to dismiss Matt Prior for 10 before Zaheer Khan ended Michael Lumb's
international debut having scored just 16 runs from 44 deliveries.

After Kevin Pietersen edged one to Dhoni behind the sticks, Ian Bell and Owais Shah steadied the innings
with a partnership of 59. However, the need to raise the run rate proved to be the downfall for Shah when he
chipped to Dravid at cover for 28.

The last 10 overs brought about 59 runs but the constant loss of wickets meant England had to settle for
just over 200. Bell was the pick of the batsmen with 61 and both Andrew Flintoff and Dimitri Mascarenhas
chipped in with scores at the end.

England's total looked to be a testing target on the Headingley wicket but Yuvraj and Dhoni made light work of
the conditions to make it home with six wickets in hand.

yuvraj.jpg
- - - - - - - - - - -
indianfans.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread