Story England International Season - September 8th, 2007 - India in England

Who will finish victorious in the Natwest ODI Series?

• Total voters
Nice little use of BBC's cricket report there! Tbh, England didn't get a good enough total, 200 these days is easy picking but it was nice that Panesar got Tendulkar.
A very well written update and some good pictures means a very nice update, so KUTGW. Btw, what is next on the agenda for England?

Finish off this series (2 games left) and then onto the 2007 T20 WC. That will be played on Cricket 2004 (Now that I have got it working) and you can check out the squads for all teams in the first post index.

After that who knows. I imagine summer would have ended by then and that might mean uni, which would probably cause the story to grind to a halt as it has done before. So, long term I have no idea if it will continue after the T20 WC, but my focus is to get this series done and dusted before getting straight into the T20 WC.

cricinfologo.png

fraserwatts.jpg

Twenty20 World Championship / News

ICC World Twenty20, 2007-08
Watts doubtful for T20 World Championship

Cricinfo Staff
September 3, 2007

Scottish batsman Fraser Watts is doubtful for the upcoming Twenty20 World Championship because of a persistent knee injury. Watts, who first picked up the problem in the Caribbean earlier this year, has been told he may not be able to feature at all for Scotland in the first Twenty20 international tournament.

Watts was able to play in all 7 of Scotland's Friends provident Trophy matches this season, scoring just 93 runs at an average of 15.50 runs per innings. However, the knee injury has recently started to affect Watts' preperation with the Scottish team and his place is under threat.

30 year old Glenn Rogers will be on stand-by in case Watts is forced to pull out. The Australian born spinner made his debut for Scotland last year and has taken wickets against Canada, Australia and South Africa in 2007.​

cricinfoheader.png

Twenty20 Quadrangular, Nairobi

Captain fantastic secures tournament trophy

Cricinfo Staff
September 4, 2007

Bangladesh 180 for 5 (Ashraful 120) beat Uganda 90 all out (Hossain 3/21) by 90 runs
Scorecard

Bangladesh captain Mohammed Ashraful smashed the highest international Twenty20 score in a convincing win
over minnows Uganda in Nairobi. The inventive batsman hit 120 from 71 deliveries, falling just three balls from
the end of the innings.

Uganda had started brightly having been forced to bowl first, removing the two openers Iqbal and Nazimuddin with
the score on 15. Up stepped Ashraful who, along with Shakib Al Hasan, insured Bangladesh posted a large total.

Ashraful hit 11 fours and 6 sixes on his way to becoming the first man to pass one hundred in an international
Twenty20 match. Shakib fell for a well grafted 36 and Sematimbe wrapped up the innings with two wickets in two
balls in the final over, including that of Ashraful.

In reply, Uganda lost wickets at regular intervals and never looked like coming close to the total. Patel hit 24 from 24
but when he fell in the 14th over all hope was lost. Syed Rasel came on and finished Uganda off with two wickets
in the 17th over before Iqbal's run out ended the game.

The win makes it three from three in Kenya heading into the ICC Twenty20 World Championship later this month.
Pakistan play Kenya later today to decide who will finish second in the tournament standings.

Ashraful!! :p
Oh yeah he was in form back then. Bangladesh look a strong team in this WC, but they have pretty tough group to come out of.

Blimey, loving this update and Ashraful has seem to just drop out of the sky after that good tour of England back in 2005. Loving the scorecard, clear information and very well written. KUTGW! :)

Ashraful , man! He played a beautiful innings! Excellent writing Treva! I have started following your story!

cricinfoheader.png

Twenty20 Quadrangular, Nairobi

Nazir secures Twenty20 opening slot

Cricinfo Staff
September 4, 2007

Pakistan 155 for 2 (Nazir 92*, Afridi 51*) beat Kenya 154 for 5 (D Obuya 48, Tikolo 44) by 8 wickets
Scorecard

Imran Nazir smashed a superb 92* in Pakistan's final game before the Twenty20 World Championship in South Africa
later this month. He was supported by in-form all rounder Shahid Afridi who hit 51* from 31 balls easing Pakistan to
victory.

Kenya batted first and set a testing total of 155 for 5 thanks to forties from David Obuya and Steve Tikolo.
Mohammad Asif was the pick of the Pakistani bowlers with 2 for 27, whilst Abdur Rehman, who replaced Yasir
Arafat for the game, picked up two wickets also. Umar Gul was the most economical of the Pakistan bowlers,
conceding just 20 runs from his four overs.

Chasing 155 to win, Pakistan lost Salman Butt in the fourth over following an explosive start by Nazir. Kamran Akmal
continued his poor run of form after being dismissed on his very first ball, run out by Tanmay Mishra whilst coming
back for a second.

Afridi and Nazir then set about destroying the Kenyan bowlers, smashing Tikolo and Hiren Varaiya for a
combined 71 runs from six overs. Nazir reached his fifty from 37 balls with three boundaries.

It was Afridi who blasted a six over long-on to tie the scores and reach his half century before knocking a
single to end the game with 18 balls to spare. Pakistan's next opponent will be Sri Lanka in a warm-up game on
September 9 whilst Kenya play the West Indies in four days time.

Dominating performance from the Pakistanis, Nazir is a fantastic T20 player and Afridi finally does something decent. Do remember that he was in horrible form in 07. Pakistan should be looking forward to erase the memories of their painful WC cup exit earlier this year in the upcoming T20 championship.

Solid writing as always Treva, although Cricinfo was using its previous styles back then and there was no such thing as "Indian Premier League" as well ;)

Dominating performance from the Pakistanis, Nazir is a fantastic T20 player and Afridi finally does something decent. Do remember that he was in horrible form in 07. Pakistan should be looking forward to erase the memories of their painful WC cup exit earlier this year in the upcoming T20 championship.

Solid writing as always Treva, although Cricinfo was using its previous styles back then and there was no such thing as "Indian Premier League" as well ;)

Of course, the BBC reports were slightly different also, but I've got to add a modern touch to it somewhere ;)

Going to sort out some stats for that tournament as well as the Natwest series tonight. Sure does beat going out and getting hammered :sarcasm :p

Nazir was brilliant. Although winning in the 17th over against Kenya,not too good. But who cares? A win is a win. Good writing as always Treva,KIU. :)

Finish off this series (2 games left) and then onto the 2007 T20 WC. That will be played on Cricket 2004 (Now that I have got it working) and you can check out the squads for all teams in the first post index.

How about posting the editings in your C04 download thread to help some C04 fans here ( like me ):D But oh well, don't blame me if the story gets delayed because of download concentration :p

Was kidding anyways...

Well, It would still be 3 years out of date. Plus I think I've only done Australia and Bangladesh :p

Next update may appear tomorrow. Got an exam Friday and I'll be out Saturday day and night so may just start the next ODI in my week off the following week.

Users who are viewing this thread