Story -- Englands International Season 2006/07 -- England V India -- [C2005]

Yes, i was very plesed with the winning margin, probrably my best win on the game so far!

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
End Of Match
Kolkata

-----

End Of Match:

England lead the Pepsi Test Series 1-0 after the first of three matches. A huge winning margin when you think about the talent in the Indian squad, they really need to shape up and get back into the groove before the next test because England are on fire. Steve Harmison claims the man of the match award which he thouroughly deserved as he wrapped up thw in with a five for but he faces stiff competiton from Andrew Strauss who broke the worl record for the highest individual test score which was currently held by Brian Lara. England's spirits are high and they are going to be a tough team to beat for the rest of the year.

90zd.jpg

109pv.jpg

115pu.jpg

England Won By an Innings and 191 runs

India: 422 All Out

Z Khan: 3*

M Hoggard: 0/53
S Harmison: 5/97
A Flintoff: 0/64
A Giles: 3/97
A Udal: 1/84
M Vaughan: 0/4

----

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
End Of Match
Kolkata

-----

England Match Reaction:

Andrew Flintoff

flintoff28ac.jpg

Freddie, looking good with the bat, not so good with the ball??

Andrew Flintoff said:
No, not at all, i'm feeling in good touch with the bat, scored a decent century out there but the pitch helped a bit. I'm striking the ball cleanly and my timing is there but theres still a lot to do. Obviously i'm dissapointed about not taking a wicket in the secnd innings and only getting one in the first but i was troubling the batsmen, foud the outside edge a few time and had a few chances put down, i think im bowling well and im happy with my overall game.

Michael Vaughan

vaughanmichaeltestpulld6dm.jpg

Michael, can you take the series beyond India in the next test??

Michael Vaughan said:
Well i think we've proved over the last four days that we are a quality side so i think it is definately possible for us to go out and win the series in the next test. That said, India got a decent score in the second innings and if they batted first like that then we could have had a very different outcome, it would have put our batsmen under some pressure. We will prepare well and see what happens.

Steve Harmison

hswiss2148ud.jpg

Steve, back to your best??

Steve Harmison said:
Yea, i think so, ive not felt this good sinse the first Ashes test really, i didnt feel like my rhythm was quite right in Pakistan and ive worked hard in between which seems to have payed off, i ended with a very valuable 5 wicket haul and a man of the match award which i have given to Straussy! He's now got it in his room with my name on it!

Andrew Strauss

r554081508674wa.jpg

Well... how does it feel???

Andrew Strauss said:
It feels amazing, really great, when i got past 250 i really started to think about it but i never believed i would do it, i still couldnt believe it on 410 not out! Its a dream come true for me, ive always wanted to give something significant back to the England team for giving me my chance and i think that thsi was it, i didnt feel in that good touch to begin with and i was quite nervous but once i got into the swing of thing i was fine, the pitch was really flat and a i never felt like giving my wicket away once i got in.

----

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
End Of Match
Kolkata

-----

India Match Reaction:

Harbajan Singh

signh8lg.jpg

There are thoughts that you werent bowled as often as you would have liked during Englands innings??

Harbajan Singh said:
Well.. obviously as Indias premier spinner i was surprised that i was bowled as sparsely as i was bearing in minds that i took a few wickets during that short spell but the captain must have had his reasons for it, if it was to a plan then the plan backfired, im sure it wont happen again... The pitch was turning for the England spinners and i really thought that if i was bowled earlier and more often then we oculd have at least drawn the match.

Verinder Sehwag

sehwag0fx.jpg

You are obviously a big hitter but are you going to be more controlled in the next test to ensure another big win doesn't go Englands way??

Verinder Sehwag said:
No, i dont think i need to change by game to be honest, my natural agression comes through when im batting and sometimes it backfires but sometimes i make a double century, when i was on top of Englands bowlers in the first innings i sensed that they were running scared a little, trying to bowl defensive lines instead of trying to get me out, that worked against them because it allowed me to get after them more, i play better to defensive lines i think.

Irfan Pathan

pathan4oe.jpg

You took a real battering out there today, what went wrong??

Irfan Pathan said:
I was bowling the wrong lines if we are being totally honest, i was either drifting into the leg side or putting them rigth into the slot but i dont think anybody could bowl a right line to Andrew Strauss today, he was seeing it like a beachball, has anyone ever made such a score before whilst only giving one small chance of getting his wicket?? I will work in then nest and ocme back fighting in the next test.

Rahul Dravid

dravd7pq.gif

Rahul, a big defeat here... how are you going to prepare differently for the next test???

Rahul Dravid said:
There will obviously be a feeling in the ranks that we are already beaten after such a heavy loss but i never think that way. We beat Australia just as England did, both teams have imense talent and i feel that we had a good chance of drawing that match when we went out to bat the second time. even though we didnt draw we still made a good score and who knows what would have happened if we had made that in the first innings?? You know what they say about wounded animals....

----

Im really sorry about the lack of updates but ive been doing soooo much coursework lately! Should be some more updates in the next fortnight!

Nice story!!! One question though... do you bowl all the overs yourself or do you 'Autoplay' bowling when Eng fields? Wanted to check as I get so bored while bowling that I generally autoplay it.

Keep it up and I'm looking forward to rest of the series :)

He obviously bowls when England fields, hence the screenshots when he gets wickets or a significant part of the innings comes up. Great story by the way, 15 pages for the first test, well done ;)

Thanks guys, ive nearly finished my work and the second test has started, updates next week or tomorrow if your lucky!

Users who are viewing this thread