-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
2nd Test
Day 1
Kolkata

-----

Ghambir Loses Out On Century As Freddie Strikes Again:

A blistering inning was brought to an abrupt end by Andrew Flintoff who picks up his second wicket of the day, the big man got rid of the left hander from over the wicket, an inswinging delivery that was hammered to the leg side and hit very cleanly, it would have gone for a one bounce four had it not been for Kevin Peitersen who was sweeping on the legside, he came in from the boundary rope and pouched a hard chance. England have pulled themslevss back into the game here with an early wicket, they will be looking for a few more before they break for Tea. The spinners havent really operated yet but from what we have seen it could spin a bit so the batsmen might have a few problems, we will have to wait and see.

17yw.jpg

India: 143/2

S Tendulkar: 11* (33)
R Dravid: 2 (5)

M Hoggard: 0/33
S Harmison: 0/49
A Flintoff: 2/31
P Collingwood: 0/13
A Giles: 0/16

----

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
2nd Test
Day 1
Kolkata

-----

Gilo Strikes In The Very Next Over:

Ashley Giles bowled a dream over from around the wicket at the right handed Rahul Dravid to remove him from the crease. The first ball was a quicker delivery that didnt turn and produced a very close LBW call which was turned down rightfully as it pitched outside the line, the second was about the same pace but this one turned in, the ball poped up from the bat but no close fielders were in place to capitalise. The close fielders were moved in for the thirs ball which was the same as the second but a better defensive shot was played. The fourth ball was the one that got him. The length was dropped slightly shorter and it was looped up, Dravid fell for it hook line and sinker, he drove at the ball and played the wrong line, the perfect delivery, pitched outside leg and turned, got between bat and pad and hit the top o off stump which was pegged back! More men around the bat for Giles and Udal and see if we can get some more close catches!

11aj.jpg

India: 143/3

S Tendulkar: 11* (33)
VVS Laxxman: 0* (2)

A Giles: 1/16

----

It was a wonder ball... or a 'Panesar' as they are now to be named :p One of the best balls ive bowled in the game i think. I was well chuffed!!

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
2nd Test
Day 1
Kolkata

-----

Giles Turns Innings On Its Head:

After "that" ball in his last over Ashley Giles was pumped up and followed suite in his next over as he picked up two key wickets for no runs! The match has been turned on its head here as India find themselves in an extremely bad predicament. Five wickets down for only 147 runs with their last 3 wickets falling for only 4 runs. The first wicket came three balls into a probing over, over the wicket to Laxman, Giles bowled him two that ripped away violently then got one to come back into him, it kicked off the pitch and hit the top of Laxman's bat, popped right out into the pitch and Vaughan claimed a very good close catch, Giles and the team were ecstatic!

19nt1.jpg

The second wicket came just three balls later! Giles continued over the wicket to the left handed Yuvraj but couldnt really trouble him with the ball going in to he switched to around the wicket and it worked a treat, the ball kicked again adn it straightened up and Yuvraj couldnt believe it when he saw Michael Vaughan soar out in front of him to caim yet another wonder catch! Great cricket from the England boys and cracking bolwing from the left arm spinner!

20zn.jpg

India: 147/5

S Tendulkar: 15* (51)
MS Dhoni: 0* (2)

A Giles: 3/16
S Udal: 0/4

----

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
2nd Test
Day 1
Kolkata

-----

Tea Day 1:

Both teams can take somthing fropm their respective positions at tea on day one of the second test here in Kolkata. India have got a fair few runs on the board and England have taken a fair few wickets. England will be the happier though after bieng under the kosh for most of the match, Ashley Giles turned it around with three quick wickets at the end there. India will take hope in the fact that Sachin Tendulkar has batted himself in which is normally a sign that he is going to make a big score and Mahendra Singh Dhoni is on 20 and can accelerate the run scoring if needed, he is a big hitter and can change the captains thinking very easily if he starst to hammer the spinner, this one is shaping up nicely, join us after the break for more action from the second test

16cb2.jpg

23lm1.jpg

----

Seems Gilo's got his tail up at the moment. Impressive amount of bowleds from both the spinners and the quicks in this campaign. I struggle to get anyone other than caught! Any advice?

Great presentation as usual, and I think the graphics in this thread are superb. Looking forward to more of the same :)

Yeah brilliant work with the story, cool images and presentation. Just a question, why is it that the ingame overlays are from the skysports tv patch, where as the scorecards/statistics remain as the EA default ones?

FishBowlMan said:
Seems Gilo's got his tail up at the moment. Impressive amount of bowleds from both the spinners and the quicks in this campaign. I struggle to get anyone other than caught! Any advice?

Well, theres no advice really, i dont think theres any real way to get bowled on the scorecard, its just luck to be honest, just keep plugging away.

James219 said:
Yeah brilliant work with the story, cool images and presentation. Just a question, why is it that the ingame overlays are from the skysports tv patch, where as the scorecards/statistics remain as the EA default ones?

I really have no idea but if anyone knows then id be glad to hear how i can fix it. Im using the superpatch thingy btw.

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
2nd Test
Day 1
Kolkata

-----

Dhoni Is Dismissed after Rash Shot But Tendulkar Marches On:

Mahendra Singh Dhoni lost his wicket to a brilliant piece of bowling from Shaun Udal who colects his first wicket of the match but Sachin Tendulkar raised the crowds noise level soon after as he raised his bat for yet anothr half century, although England have kept on top of him so far in the tour, this his first score of 50 or more. Shaun Udal started off the over with a few loopers to try and tease Dhoni into a shot, he tried to charge him once but only suceeded in gifting the bowler an edge which eluded first slip, a lucky escape. He wasnt so lucky the next ball though which was a faster arm ball, he used his usual tactic of move out of the crease, stanbd and deliver, he completely missed the ball because he was playing for the turn and was stumped by Geraint Jones, a silly dismissal and Shaun Udal is all fired up!!!

17ic1.jpg

14yz.jpg

India: 213/6

S Tendulkar: 50* (124)
I Pathan: 0* (15)

M Hoggard: 0/38
S Harmison: 0/58
A Giles: 3/53
S Udal: 1/18

----

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
2nd Test
Day 1
Kolkata

-----

End Of Innings Day 1:

England may have had visions of bowling India out for a relatively low total but i doubt they ever dared to image that this situation would come about, a truly heroic performance by the spinners has put them in a prime position to go on an win this match comfortably and also win the series setting up a hitewash oppertunity. Ashley Giles played a part in the last 3 wickets with some stunning catched from great bowling and also chipped in with 3 of his own, this comming from the two spinners Englnad are looking to replace! Monty Panesar is waiting in the wings put Shaun Udal has just staked his place... it may just be the pitches however and Monty may be drafted into the squad for further series'. India will be wanting to squeeze out an early wicket, certainly before England reach 30. If they can do that then they stand a fighting change but if England reach the 60-70 mark without loss then India have it all to do. Its in their hands now.. can they do it?? Tune in to find out!

15zl1.jpg

24xi.jpg

India: 213 All Out

I Pathan: 0* (21)

M Hoggard: 0/38
S Harmison: 0/58
A Giles: 3/53
S Udal: 5/18

----

Last edited: