-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
Day 2
Kolkata

-----

Tendulkar Plucks One Out Of The Air And England Are One Down:

Marucs Trescothick could do nothing about the way he was dismissed here in the 1st test at Kolkata. After playing a wondefully knock to get to 50 he was full of confidence and was stalking the crease like a tiger after each ball, he had been driving well all day and seeing it like a beach ball. Pathan put one in the spot and Trescothick caught it right out of the middle, the players, umpires and spectators were looking at he boundary until they heard the cried of Sachin Tendulkar who had the ball in his hand! Upon viewing the replay we see that he leapt like a salmon and clung onto the ball, he must have been four feet up in the air. A Paul Collingwood-like catch sees of Trescothick after a good contribution but England need to power on. An out of sorts Vaughan is in next, what can he do??

94vv.jpg

England: 108/1

A Strauss: 52*
M Vaughan: 0*

I Pathan: 1/59
Z Khan: 0/22
A Kumble: 0/27

----

Okay, appologies for the slip up there but his highest score is 93 so nearly!

S_Harmison said:
Okay, appologies for the slip up there but his highest score is 93 so nearly!
Nearly

Tsk, tsk. I did not expect this of you :noway
Nah, kidding :p. Go India, although the chances of them winning is equal to the chances of Pakistan winning in Sai's thread...:p

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
Day 2
Kolkata

-----

Vaughan Becomes Third To Reach 50:

Michael Vaugha completed a hatrick within the top order batsmen when he reaches his 50, Trescothick and Strauss also reahed thier 50's. Thsi will mean a lot to Vaughan as he has struggled for runs as of late. He played some great shots through an open field really, a lot of people in the slips, all he had to do was find the gap and it was four, much like the match as a whole, the batsmen have found it really easy to get runs.

90te.jpg

England: 194/1

A Strauss: 81*
M Vaughan: 52*

I Pathan: 1/94
Z Khan: 0/35
A Kumble: 0/65

----

ZoraxDoom said:
Nearly

Tsk, tsk. I did not expect this of you :noway
Nah, kidding :p. Go India, although the chances of them winning is equal to the chances of Pakistan winning in Sai's thread...:p

You never know, anything can happen in the world of cricket :)

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
Day 2
Kolkata

-----

Lunch Day 2:

England have battled hard in this session and have cashed in big time with regards to run scoring. They also only lost one wicket, that of Trescothick, and sinse then another batsman has scored an extra 50 runs. Andrew Staruss is fast approaching his century, just 18 runs short now. India will be extremely angry with their efforts, they have failed to break apart this partnership which is nigh on 100 runs now, the second one of the match. England will definately shase down Indias 1st innings total but its a question of how much of a lead they get??

92nq1.jpg

106lz.jpg

----

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
Day 2
Kolkata

-----

Another 100 Partnership:

Another ton partnership for England, this time the scoring was very much dominated by a Michael Vaughan trying to find some form, he had a lot of the balls and played very well, Staruss was happy to sit back, he will probrably support the rest of the batsmen and try to bat through the innings now.

98ka.jpg

----

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
Day 2
Kolkata

-----

Vaughan Falls and Tendulkar Is At It Again:

Michael Vaughan lost his wicket in a bizzare fashion as England go 2 donw here in the afternoon session on day 2. Sachin Tendulkar was broyght on to give Anil Kumble a rest and Vaughan and Strauss were just trying to figure him out. After a few speculative overs Vaughan decided he had seen enough and tried to cut him fine and run him down to third man. This backfired as the ball hit the inside edge of his bat, cannon off his pad up onto his glove which directed it onto the stumps. Vaughan, who had to walk on 70, was gutted to have lost out on what could have been a century, he played a blistering innings, highlighted by the fact that he nearly caught up with Andrew Strauss who was on 52 when the England Captain came to the crease. Ian Bell is the next an in and he needs a good innings because his place is on the line, for either Paul Colingwood to come in, or an extra seamer.

95gr.jpg

England: 220/2

A Strauss: 87*
I Bell: 0*

I Pathan: 1/101
Z Khan: 0/45
A Kumble: 0/71
S Tendulkar: 1/3

----

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
Day 2
Kolkata

-----

Strauss' Superb Century:

Andrew Strauss completed a fine knock with a crunching drive through the covers for his 16th four, the Indian fielders had spread out but it was too late, he was picking the gaps like the were hundreds of feet apart and you were telling him where you were going to bowl the ball to him. During his century he also hammered two huuuge sixes against Anil Kumble. He slowed the run rate down a bit in the second 50 but still kept up a good economyalmost 100 runs every 100 balls, its nothing comapred to Sehwags but i think Strauss could stay longer, he hasnt given the Indians a chance excpet from that LBW yesterday which hit him outside the line, how much would the Indias give to have that one called out?!??!

91cc.jpg

England: 252/2

A Strauss: 107*
I Bell: 12*

I Pathan: 1/123
Z Khan: 0/45
A Kumble: 0/71
S Tendulkar: 1/13

----

Users who are viewing this thread