Story -- Englands International Season 2006/07 -- England V India -- [C2005]

Well done Straussy great knock but it seems the little master got his revenge on Vaughan for that wicket a few years ago :D

My prediction is still on :D

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
Day 2
Kolkata

-----

England Surpass India's Target:

England have had no problem in reaching and surpassing India's total, they have done so with the loss of only 2 wickets. Trescothick and Vaughan both made big scores before falling to two peices of magic from Sachin Tendulkar. Andrew Strauss who has just past his century and Ian Bell who is approcashing his 50 now occupy the crease and neither look like budging, Bell hasnt scored at such a high rate but he is still scoring. India need to find a way to break this partnership or they could have three ton pertnerships on the trot and four half centurys, when was the last time that happened?!?!?

93wd.jpg

104oo1.jpg

England: 271/2

A Strauss: 114*
I Bell: 23*

I Pathan: 1/129
Z Khan: 0/45
A Kumble: 0/80
S Tendulkar: 1/16

----

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
Day 2
Kolkata

-----

Yet Another Half Century For England:

Ian Bell has staked his claim for a place by carving a wonderful half century containing 10 forcefull fours. His place was hanging in the ballance before he came to the crease, either Collingwood, who is a batter bowler, or Simon Jones, an out and out bowler, would have taken his place, this might have given the selectors something to think about. Collingwood would most prorably be the one who came in to sure up the batting. Not that they need it in this form, thats the top four batsmen making all making 50's and all three partnerships are over 100. India are really struggling.

95zz.jpg

England: 330/2

A Strauss: 138*
I Bell: 53*

I Pathan: 1/158
A Kumble: 0/80
S Tendulkar: 1/42

----

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
Day 2
Kolkata

-----

Tea Day 2:

England lose only a singular wicket in this session and dominate the whole way through. Andrew Strauss reached his 150 in the over before tea and he was over the moon with that but i would like to see him go on and score lots more. England will be really pushing on and getting a big, big lead here to leave India no hope of even getting a draw, even if they bat for another whole day and get a 600 run lead i dont think India can fend off this pace attack for two whole days. India havent really performend here and will be looking forward to the second test already and trying to get a result there, they have thrown this game away. One of the main points i have is that Harbajan Singh hasnt been used. I find this descision very strange....

90bu.jpg

103kz.jpg

111ov.jpg

England Lead by 87 Runs:

England: 354/2

A Strauss: 152*
I Bell: 60*

I Pathan: 1/177
A Kumble: 0/82
S Tendulkar: 1/45

----

That's the thing about C2005, the spinners are not used. I once autoplayed an innings batting against Aus, to see if the scores were realistic. Shane Warne picked up 2-9 in his 4 overs, the innings was in total 114.3 overs.

m_vaughan said:
Pathan is having an absolute nightmare here.

Understatement of the year, he is facing Strauss for the majority and has two covers in place and a wide long on, he is putting it in the slot and getting creamed all the time.

lol...hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes.
England should win this one comprehensively, and will be an important one after the Pakistan series where our guys underperformed a lot.

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
Day 2
Kolkata

-----

The Mini Maestro Gets Another:

Sachin Tendulkar has pegged England back once again and has just about made up for his rash shot in the first innings, has he stayed in with Verinder Sehwag who knows what could have happened. it's not the big wicket of Strauss but it is a wicket nonetheless. Ian Bell managed to get past his 50 and make another 14 runs before he guided a short pitched leg spinner from the Little Master straight to Gambhir at 1st slip. The ball totally eluded the keeper because the blade was in the way but when the ball left the bat it was like a homing missile heading straight into the pouch of the slip. It would have raced to the boundary had the fielder not been there but Bell has gift wrapped his wicket here. So, India have stopped the onslaught for the moment, next in..... Kevin Peitersen....

99oi.jpg

England Lead by 87 Runs:

England: 373/3

A Strauss: 166*
K Peitersen: 0*

I Pathan: 1/181
A Kumble: 0/82
S Tendulkar: 2/59

----

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
Day 2
Kolkata

-----

Double Ton For Opening Hero:

The whole England team were out on the balcony to cheer on Andrew Strauss as he made his madien double century. His previous highest score ws 147 which he surpassed about and hour and a half ago. He has sinse been cashing in on the open field settings but working the spinners into the gaps and really crashing some boundaries. His arms have been freed sinse the slips have been taken away and there are no close fielders, if the ball has been thrown up to hit or its a bit wide then he wil flash at it. The only real chance was again an LBW descison, Sachin Tendulkar though he has his man with an arm ball that pitched just legside, Strauss played a defensive shot and it hit the pads, everyone went up for it, naturally, but the umpire wasnt phased and gave a firm "not out". He looks in good nick now and i wonder what the odds will be for him breaking Lara's record??

97cp.jpg

----

-----

Pepsi Test Series
England Vs India
1st Test
Day 2
Kolkata

-----

End Of Day 2:

England ended the day on a high note as Kevin Peitersen scored two boundarys and a single to add to Zahreer Khans's miserys. It was much of the same througout the day for the left armed quickies, both Pathan and Khan were hammered to all parts meaning that the leggies could be milked or even left alone. Harbajan Singh was introduced for a singular over for some bizzare reason, he conceeded 5 runs from that over and was then take off... Rahul Dravid needs to think up a plan fast, he needs to remove the extremely dangerous, but at the moment subdues, Peitersen and he also needs to find a way of getting rid of Strauss who marches on and on. India will find themslevs in the field for at least another day if they keep this form up, England will not want to bat again and leave themselves two full days to bowl India out, they most probrably wont need that long if the dejected Indian batsmen turn up the same effort as the first innings!!

99ob.jpg

100bo.jpg

----

Users who are viewing this thread